I absolutely love pork chops, so when I discovered a new way to prepare them, I was thrilled. Marinating and brining pork chops is the perfect way to make juicy, flavorful chops every single time. My mouth starts watering just thinking about it! The combination of the marinade and brine creates a delicious, tender chop that will be the star of any meal. Try this recipe for Marinated Brined Pork Chops and you will be amazed at the delicious results!
Marinated Brined Pork Chops Recipe
- 4 pork chops (approximately 1-inch thick)
- 1 cup kosher salt
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- Gather all the ingredients you’ll need to make this delicious Marinated Brined Pork Chops recipe.
- In a medium bowl, combine the kosher salt, brown sugar, water, garlic powder, smoked paprika, ground black pepper, onion powder, dried oregano, ground cumin, and chili powder. Mix until everything is evenly combined.
- Place the pork chops in a large bowl and pour the brine mixture over the top. Toss the pork chops in the brine mixture until they are fully coated. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator for two hours.
- After two hours, remove the pork chops from the brine and pat dry with paper towels.
- In a small bowl, mix together the olive oil, apple cider vinegar, and minced garlic.
- Place the pork chops in a large baking dish, and pour the marinade over the top. Turn the pork chops to coat evenly in the marinade. Cover the baking dish with plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator for one hour.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Remove the pork chops from the marinade and discard the marinade.
- Place the pork chops in a single layer on a baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 60 minutes, or until the pork chops are cooked through.
- Serve the Marinated Brined Pork Chops with your favorite sides and enjoy!
- Calories 320, Total Fat 16g, Saturated Fat 5g, Trans Fat 0g, Cholesterol 75mg, Sodium 1730mg, Total Carbohydrate 8g, Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 5g, Protein 28g
What are the best marinades for pork chops?
If you want to give your pork chops a little extra flavor, the best marinades to use are ones that combine salty, sweet, and acidic ingredients. From soy sauce and brown sugar to Worcestershire sauce, balsamic vinegar, and fresh herbs, there are many delicious combinations that can really take your pork chops to the next level!
Soy sauce, brown sugar, garlic, and a bit of oil are a classic marinade for pork chops. This marinade has a salty and sweet flavor, and it also helps tenderize the meat. To enhance the flavor, you can also add in a splash of Worcestershire sauce, a squeeze of lemon or lime juice, and some fresh herbs like thyme and rosemary.
Balsamic vinegar is another great marinade for pork chops. It has a sweet and tangy flavor that will add depth to the pork. Combine the balsamic vinegar with olive oil, garlic, and herbs like basil, oregano, and rosemary. You can also add a touch of honey to sweeten the marinade.
For a spicy marinade, combine soy sauce, chili powder, garlic, and lime juice. This marinade will give your pork chops a bold, spicy flavor. You can also add some brown sugar or honey to balance out the spiciness.
No matter which marinade you choose, be sure to allow the pork chops to marinate for at least 30 minutes before cooking. This will allow the flavors to really penetrate the meat and give you the best possible flavor.
What are the different cooking methods for marinated brined pork chops?
Cooking marinated brined pork chops can be a delicious way to enjoy a classic favorite. You have a few different options when it comes to cooking your pork chops. Whether you want to grill, bake, or fry your marinated brined pork chops, the outcome is sure to be amazing.
Grilling marinated brined pork chops is a popular option that adds a smoky flavor to your meal. Start by preheating your grill to medium-high heat. Then, oil the grates to prevent the pork chops from sticking. Place the pork chops on the grill and cook for five minutes per side. To make sure your pork chops are cooked through, use a meat thermometer to check that the internal temperature is 145°F.
You can also bake your marinated brined pork chops in the oven. Preheat your oven to 350°F and place the pork chops on a baking sheet. Bake for 20 minutes, flipping the pork chops halfway through. Check the internal temperature with a thermometer to make sure the pork chops are cooked all the way through.
Lastly, you can fry your marinated brined pork chops on the stovetop. Start by heating a cast-iron skillet on medium-high with a tablespoon of oil. Once your pan is hot, place the pork chops in the pan and fry for three minutes per side. To make sure the pork chops are cooked all the way through, use a thermometer to check that the internal temperature is 145°F.
No matter which cooking method you choose, marinated brined pork chops are sure to be a delicious dinner option. Grill, bake, or fry your pork chops to enjoy a tasty meal.
What are the benefits of brining pork chops?
You can reap many delicious rewards when you brine pork chops! Here are some of the benefits:
- Super Juicy: Brining your pork chops will help them retain moisture, making them wonderfully juicy after cooking.
- Tender Texture: Brining adds flavor and helps to break down proteins, making the meat extra tender.
- Flavorful: Brining adds lots of flavor by allowing the seasonings to penetrate deep into the meat.
- Versatility: You can customize your brine with different herbs and spices to create unique flavors.
- Quick & Easy: Brining can be done in as little as 15 minutes, making it a great way to quickly add flavor to pork chops.
Brining your pork chops is a great way to make them incredibly delicious.
How to know when your pork chops are ready?
You’ll know your pork chops are ready when they reach an internal temperature of 145°F, and have a nice, golden-brown color on the outside. To make sure your pork chops turn out juicy and flavorful, here are a few tips to keep in mind:
- Take your time with marinating and brining – Marinating and brining your pork chops beforehand helps to infuse flavor and keep them nice and moist while they cook. Marinate for at least 4 hours, and brine for 8-12 hours.
- Use an instant-read thermometer – An instant-read thermometer is your best bet for checking the internal temperature of your pork chops. Insert it into the thickest part of the chop, and wait for the temperature to reach 145°F.
- Don’t overcook them – Overcooked pork chops are dry and can be difficult to chew. Aim for an internal temperature of 145°F for juicy, tender pork chops.
- Let them rest – Allowing your pork chops to rest for at least 5 minutes before serving will give them a chance to reabsorb their juices, making them even more flavorful.
How to store leftover marinated brined pork chops?
Storing leftover marinated brined pork chops is easy! Here are the steps you need to take:
- Place the pork chops in an airtight container and cover them with a lid.
- If you have more than one layer of pork chops, place a piece of parchment paper between the layers. This will help keep them from sticking together.
- Place the container in the refrigerator and store for up to three days.
- When ready to eat, remove the container from the refrigerator and allow the pork chops to come to room temperature before cooking.
What side dishes pair best with marinated brined pork chops?
Nothing beats a hearty serving of marinated brined pork chops for dinner! To really complete the meal, the perfect side dish should be chosen. After all, you can’t just have pork chops alone!
When it comes to side dishes, there are so many options. From roasted veggies to creamy mashed potatoes, the possibilities are endless. To get the most out of this delicious dinner, here are the side dishes that pair best with marinated brined pork chops:
- Roasted vegetables: Roasted vegetables are a classic side dish that goes great with marinated brined pork chops. Choose a mix of your favorite vegetables such as carrots, potatoes, and onions, and roast them in the oven with some olive oil and herbs. The result is a delicious and healthy side that pairs perfectly with the pork chops.
- Mashed potatoes: Creamy mashed potatoes are a classic side dish that pairs perfectly with marinated brined pork chops. Boil potatoes until they are tender, then mash them up with some butter and milk. The result is a delicious and comforting side that will make the pork chops even more enjoyable.
- Rice: Rice is a simple and delicious side dish that goes great with marinated brined pork chops. Choose your favorite type of rice, such as white, brown, or wild, and cook it according to instructions. The result is a light and fluffy side that pairs perfectly with the pork chops.
- Baked beans: Baked beans are a great side dish to serve with marinated brined pork chops. Choose your favorite type of beans, such as pinto, navy, or black beans, and bake them in the oven with some herbs and spices. The result is a flavorful and filling side that pairs perfectly with the pork chops.
Now that you know the side dishes that pair best with marinated brined pork chops, you can make a delicious dinner that everyone will love.
What are some delicious recipes for marinated brined pork chops?
If you’re looking for some delicious recipes for marinated brined pork chops, you’ve come to the right place! This simple yet flavorful combination is sure to be a hit with your family or friends. Whether you’re grilling, baking, or pan-frying, these marinated brined pork chops are sure to be a hit. Here are some delicious recipes to try out.
First up is a tasty grilled marinated brined pork chop recipe. Start by marinating the chops in a mixture of garlic, olive oil, and thyme. Let it sit for at least 30 minutes and then preheat the grill. Grill the chops for about four minutes per side, or until they reach an internal temperature of 145 degrees. Serve with a simple side salad and enjoy!
For a flavorful twist, try making a honey-balsamic marinated brined pork chop. Start by marinating the chops in a mixture of honey, balsamic vinegar, garlic, and olive oil. Let it sit for at least 30 minutes, then bake in the oven at 400 degrees for about 25 minutes, or until the internal temperature reaches 145 degrees. Serve with a side of roasted potatoes and you’ve got a delicious meal that’s sure to please.
Finally, why not try pan-frying your marinated brined pork chops? Start by marinating the chops in a mixture of soy sauce, garlic, and olive oil. Let it sit for at least 30 minutes, then heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add a tablespoon of oil and pan-fry the chops for four minutes per side, or until they reach an internal temperature of 145 degrees. Serve with a side of steamed vegetables and you’ve got a delicious and easy meal that’s sure to be a hit.
These marinated brined pork chop recipes are sure to be a hit with your family or friends. With the delicious flavors of garlic, honey, balsamic vinegar, and soy sauce, you can’t go wrong. Whether you’re grilling, baking, or pan-frying, these recipes are sure to be a hit.