I’m a big fan of pecan pie, so when I discovered this recipe for Pecan Pie Bread Pudding, I was over the moon! This delicious dessert combines the sweet, nutty flavor of pecans with the comforting texture of bread pudding. It’s the perfect combination of sweet and savory, and it’s sure to please everyone at your next dinner party or family gathering. The best part is, it’s easy to make and requires minimal ingredients. So what are you waiting for? Let’s get baking!
Pecan Pie Bread Pudding Recipe
- 4 cups cubed white bread
- 2 cups pecan pieces
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups milk
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat your oven to 375°F and lightly grease a 9×13-inch baking dish.
- In a large bowl, combine the cubed white bread and pecan pieces.
- In a separate bowl, combine the light brown sugar, ground cinnamon, and ground nutmeg.
- Sprinkle the sugar mixture over the bread and pecan pieces and toss to combine.
- In another bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, melted butter, and vanilla extract.
- Pour the egg mixture over the bread and pecan pieces and toss to combine.
- Pour the bread pudding mixture into the prepared baking dish and spread it out evenly.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 45 minutes, or until the top is lightly golden brown.
- Allow the bread pudding to cool for at least 95 minutes before serving.
- Serve warm and enjoy!
- Calories: 585
- Total Fat: 33g
- Cholesterol: 152mg
- Sodium: 653mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 68g
- Protein: 11g
- Sugar: 34g
What is the tastiest part of pecan pie bread pudding?
When it comes to Pecan Pie Bread Pudding, there is no doubt that the tastiest part is the crunchy pecan topping. The perfect combination of sweetness and crunchiness makes this topping irresistible.
This delightful topping is made of brown sugar, butter, chopped pecans, and some spices such as cinnamon and nutmeg. The combination of these ingredients creates a unique flavor. It gives the bread pudding a delightful crunch and a hint of sweetness.
The topping is especially delicious when it is served warm. After the bread pudding has been baked, the topping is sprinkled on top and the whole dish is baked for a few more minutes. This brings out the flavour of the topping and makes it even more scrumptious.
What makes the topping even more special is that it also adds a decorative touch to the dish. When the bread pudding is served, the topping provides a nice contrast to the creamy texture of the bread pudding. It also gives the dish a festive look and is the perfect finishing touch.
So, when it comes to Pecan Pie Bread Pudding, the tastiest part is definitely the crunchy pecan topping. It is a delightful combination of sweetness and crunchiness that will tantalize your taste buds.
How can you make this dish even more decadent?
You can make pecan pie bread pudding even more decadent by adding an extra layer of brown sugar, butter, and pecan topping. Simply mix together 1/2 cup of melted butter, 1/2 cup of light brown sugar, and 1 1/2 cups of chopped pecans. Spread the mixture over the top of the bread pudding before baking. This added layer of sweetness and crunch will take your dish to the next level of deliciousness!
If you want to go all out with the decadence, you can add a scoop of your favorite high-quality vanilla ice cream or a dollop of freshly whipped cream. The cold, creamy texture will contrast the hot pudding and provide a decadent finish. If you want to get even more creative, you can stir in chocolate chips, marshmallows, or even caramel sauce to make it an even more indulgent treat.
No matter how you decide to make your pecan pie bread pudding, it’s sure to be a hit! With a few simple tweaks, you can turn this already delicious dessert into something truly special.
What ingredients do you need to make pecan pie bread pudding?
If you’re wondering what ingredients you need to make delicious pecan pie bread pudding, you’re in luck! All you need are six simple ingredients that you’re likely to find in your kitchen already. The best part? You don’t need any fancy or hard-to-find ingredients to make this delicious dish! Here is a list of ingredients you need to make this scrumptious treat:
- loaf of French bread (1 pound)
- cups of whole milk
- /2 cup of granulated sugar
- /4 cup of melted butter
- /2 cup of chopped pecans
That’s it! With just six ingredients, you can create a decadent dessert that your friends and family will love.
What are the steps involved in making pecan pie bread pudding?
Making pecan pie bread pudding is easy and delicious! All you need is some stale bread, pecans, butter, cinnamon, eggs, and a few other basic ingredients. Follow these simple steps to make this decadent dessert:
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and grease a 2-quart baking dish.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the melted butter, cinnamon, brown sugar, and pecans.
- In a separate bowl, beat the eggs and cream together.
- Place the stale bread cubes in the baking dish and pour the egg-and-cream mixture over the bread, making sure that each cube is evenly coated.
- Sprinkle the butter, cinnamon, brown sugar, and pecan mixture over the top of the bread cubes.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes, or until the edges are golden brown and the center is set.
- Let the pecan pie bread pudding cool completely before serving.
What is the best way to serve pecan pie bread pudding?
The best way to serve pecan pie bread pudding is warm and gooey with a scoop of creamy vanilla ice cream on top. This indulgent dessert is a combination of two classic desserts, and the result is pure perfection.
The pecan pie bread pudding starts with a rich and buttery custard base. This is combined with pieces of bread and plenty of chopped pecans, giving the pudding its signature flavor. The bread pudding is then baked until golden and crisp on the outside, but warm and creamy inside.
To take the pecan pie bread pudding over the top, serve it warm with a generous scoop of cooling vanilla ice cream. The combination of the warm bread pudding and the cold ice cream creates a balance of sweet and savory flavors. The ice cream also helps to make the bread pudding even more creamy and indulgent.
For an extra special treat, top the pecan pie bread pudding with a drizzle of warm caramel sauce. The caramel sauce adds a decadent sweetness to the bread pudding that takes it to the next level.
No matter how you serve it, pecan pie bread pudding is an indulgent and delicious dessert that will satisfy any sweet tooth. It’s the perfect treat to serve after a family meal or to bring to a potluck.