I’ve never been a big fan of pancakes, but then I tried my aunt’s gluten-free buttermilk pancakes. One bite and I was in love! These pancakes are tender, fluffy, and full of flavor. Whether you’re avoiding gluten or just looking for a delicious breakfast, this recipe is perfect. So gather up your ingredients and let’s get cooking!
Gluten-Free Buttermilk Pancakes Recipe
2-3 per side mins
- 2 cups of gluten-free all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon of baking soda
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- 2 tablespoons of granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups of buttermilk
- 4 tablespoons of melted butter
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- Let’s get started on the Gluten-Free Buttermilk Pancakes! To begin, grab a large bowl and measure out 2 cups of gluten-free all-purpose flour. Add in 2 teaspoons of baking powder, ¼ teaspoon of baking soda, and ½ teaspoon of salt. Give it a mix.
- Add in 2 tablespoons of granulated sugar and give everything a stir.
- Crack open 2 large eggs into the bowl and pour in 2 cups of buttermilk.
- Melt 4 tablespoons of butter and add it to the mixture. Stir everything together until it’s well combined.
- Finally, add in 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Once it’s hot, spoon some of the batter onto the pan. Cook each pancake for 2-3 minutes on each side.
- Serve your delicious Gluten-Free Buttermilk Pancakes with your favorite toppings and enjoy!
- Calories: 252
- Total Fat: 10.2 g
- Saturated Fat: 6.2 g
- Cholesterol: 77 mg
- Sodium: 546 mg
- Total Carbohydrate: 30.4 g
- Dietary Fiber: 1.3 g
- Sugars: 8.1 g
- Protein: 7.9 g
How easy is it to make gluten-free buttermilk pancakes?
Making gluten-free buttermilk pancakes is incredibly easy! Even for those who don’t have a lot of experience in the kitchen, these pancakes are simple to make and will be delicious. With a few ingredients, you can easily whip up a batch of fluffy and flavorful gluten-free buttermilk pancakes that are sure to please the whole family.
To get started making these gluten-free buttermilk pancakes, gather the ingredients: all-purpose gluten-free flour, buttermilk, baking powder, baking soda, sugar, salt, and eggs. In a large bowl, combine the gluten-free flour, baking powder, baking soda, sugar, and salt. In a separate bowl, whisk together the buttermilk, eggs, and oil. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
Heat a griddle or a skillet over medium-high heat and lightly grease with butter. Once the pan is hot, spoon about 1/4 cup of the batter onto the griddle for each pancake. Allow the pancakes to cook until golden-brown on the bottom, about 2-3 minutes. Flip the pancakes and cook until golden-brown on the other side, about 1-2 minutes. Serve hot with butter and syrup.
Making gluten-free buttermilk pancakes is easy and enjoyable. If you want to make a delicious breakfast that the whole family will love, these pancakes are sure to be a hit.
What are some of the best gluten-free ingredients to use for buttermilk pancakes?
When it comes to making delicious gluten-free buttermilk pancakes, there are plenty of great ingredients to choose from. Whether you’re a breakfast enthusiast or just a fan of pancakes, these ingredients will help you make the perfect gluten-free pancakes.
One of the best ingredients to use for gluten-free buttermilk pancakes is almond flour. Almond flour is light, nutty, and provides a pleasant texture to the pancakes. It also absorbs liquid well, which means you don’t have to use as much liquid as you would with other gluten-free flours.
Another great gluten-free flour to use for buttermilk pancakes is quinoa flour. Quinoa flour is high in protein and fiber and is also light in texture. It has a mild flavor that makes it the perfect choice for pancakes.
Finally, oat flour is a great gluten-free flour to use for buttermilk pancakes. Oat flour is full of flavor, has a light texture, and is a great source of fiber. It also helps pancakes retain their shape and texture, which is perfect for making light and fluffy pancakes.
These are just a few of the best gluten-free ingredients to use for buttermilk pancakes. With these ingredients, you can make the perfect gluten-free pancakes that are sure to please everyone.
What health benefits can gluten-free buttermilk pancakes offer?
Yes! Gluten-free buttermilk pancakes can offer a range of health benefits. Here are a few of the top benefits:
- High in Protein: These pancakes are made with a combination of gluten-free flour and buttermilk, which makes them a great source of protein. This makes the pancakes a good option for those looking to get a good boost of protein throughout their day.
- Low in Fat and Calories: Gluten-free buttermilk pancakes are low in fat and calories, making them a great choice for those who are looking to maintain a healthy weight.
- Gluten-Free: As the name suggests, these pancakes are completely gluten-free. This means that those with gluten sensitivities or allergies can enjoy these pancakes without fear of experiencing any unpleasant side effects.
- High in Fiber: These pancakes are made with gluten-free flour, which is high in fiber. This makes the pancakes a great choice for those looking to increase their daily fiber intake.
- Versatile: Gluten-free buttermilk pancakes can be enjoyed for breakfast, lunch, dinner, or even as a snack. This makes them a great way to enjoy something delicious and nutritious any time of day.
So, if you’re looking for a delicious breakfast option that is good for you, gluten-free buttermilk pancakes could be just the thing.
What tips and tricks can help make the perfect gluten-free buttermilk pancakes?
Making the perfect gluten-free buttermilk pancakes doesn’t have to be a challenge. Here are some tips and tricks to make sure your pancakes come out fluffy and delicious every time!
- Use a gluten-free all-purpose flour blend. Look for a mix of white rice flour, brown rice flour, tapioca starch, potato starch, and xanthan gum. This blend will help create a light texture and perfect texture for your pancakes.
- If you want your pancakes to be extra fluffy, you can add a little baking powder or baking soda to the batter.
- Use full-fat buttermilk and mix it in with the dry ingredients before adding the wet ingredients. This will help create a fluffier, more even consistency.
- Add an extra tablespoon of melted butter to the batter to make the pancakes even more tender and fluffy.
- To ensure the pancakes don’t stick to the pan, make sure the pan is preheated and lightly greased before adding the batter.
- For a light, golden color and crispy texture, cook the pancakes over medium-high heat.
- Add your favorite mix-ins to the batter such as chocolate chips, blueberries, or nuts for a delicious and customizable breakfast treat.
Are there any vegan or dairy-free alternatives to buttermilk for making gluten-free pancakes?
Yes! There are several vegan and dairy-free alternatives to buttermilk that can be used to make gluten-free pancakes. With a few simple substitutions, you can enjoy delicious and fluffy pancakes without compromising your dietary restrictions.
For vegan and dairy-free eaters, the most common alternative to buttermilk is a combination of plant-based milk and an acidic ingredient such as lemon juice or vinegar. For each cup of buttermilk, you can substitute with one cup of plant-based milk plus one tablespoon of lemon juice or white vinegar and let it sit for 5 minutes. The acid in the lemon juice or vinegar will help to curdle the milk, creating a thick and creamy texture similar to buttermilk.
Another vegan and dairy-free alternative is to use a combination of plant-based yogurt and plant-based milk. For each cup of buttermilk, combine 3/4 cup of plant-based yogurt with 1/4 cup of plant-based milk and stir until combined. The yogurt will help to thicken the batter for a richer texture and flavor.
Finally, for a different twist on vegan and dairy-free pancakes, you can use banana milk. Banana milk is made by blending together bananas, plant-based milk, and a pinch of sugar. For each cup of buttermilk, you can use 1 cup of banana milk and let it sit for 5 minutes. The banana milk will create a sweet, flavorful, and creamy texture that is perfect for pancakes.
With these vegan and dairy-free alternatives, you don’t have to compromise on flavor or texture when making gluten-free pancakes. Give one of these simple substitutions a try today and enjoy delicious and fluffy pancakes without the dairy.
What are some unique topping and flavor combinations to try with gluten-free buttermilk pancakes?
When it comes to topping gluten-free buttermilk pancakes, the possibilities are endless! From classic combinations like blueberries and maple syrup to zesty and flavorful creations like lemon curd and candied ginger, there are plenty of unique topping and flavor combinations to try with these delicious pancakes. Here are some of our favorite ideas to get your creative juices flowing.
For a sweet and salty combo, try topping your pancakes with a generous layer of creamy peanut butter, a sprinkling of chopped peanuts, a drizzle of honey, and a pinch of sea salt. The crunch of the peanuts combined with the sweetness of the honey and the saltiness of the peanut butter is an unforgettable combination!
For a delightful autumn-inspired dish, top your pancakes with a dollop of pumpkin puree, a drizzle of maple syrup, a sprinkle of cinnamon, and a handful of toasted pecans. The earthy sweetness of the pumpkin and the crunch of the toasted pecans are sure to be a hit.
If you’re feeling adventurous, combine the tartness of lemon curd with the spicy sweetness of candied ginger. Garnish with a sprinkle of powdered sugar for a truly unique flavor combination.
These are just a few of the many delicious topping and flavor combinations that you can try with gluten-free buttermilk pancakes.