I’m here to share my favorite summer treat with you: Red, White, and Blue Pie! This delicious, patriotic-inspired dessert is a guaranteed crowd-pleaser at any summer BBQ or picnic. It’s easy to make and always a hit with my family and friends. The combination of juicy strawberries, sweet blueberries, and creamy vanilla pudding is the perfect mix of flavors. Plus, the bright red, white, and blue colors make it an eye-catching addition to the table. So if you’re looking to impress, whip up a Red, White, and Blue Pie this summer!
Red, White, and Blue Pie Recipe
- 1/2 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 1/2 cup raspberries
- 1/2 cup strawberries, sliced
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and grease a 9 inch pie dish.
- In a medium bowl, combine the graham cracker crumbs, melted butter, and ground cinnamon. Mix the ingredients together until everything is evenly combined.
- Pour the mixture into the greased 9-inch pie dish and press it down evenly.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 8 to 10 minutes, or until the crust is golden brown.
- In a small saucepan, combine the white sugar, flour, water, cornstarch, and salt. Cook over medium-high heat, stirring constantly, until thick and bubbly.
- Remove the pan from the heat and add the blueberries, raspberries, and sliced strawberries. Stir everything together until everything is evenly mixed.
- Pour the filling into the prepared crust and spread it out evenly.
- In a small bowl, combine the remaining 1/4 cup of white sugar and 1 tablespoon of butter. Mix together until everything is evenly blended.
- Sprinkle the mixture evenly over the top of the pie.
- Place the pie in the preheated oven and bake for an additional 45 to 50 minutes, or until the top is golden brown.
- Let the pie cool completely before serving. Enjoy your Red, White, and Blue Pie!
- Serving size: 1/2 of a 9 inch pie
- Calories: 468
- Fat: 19g
- Saturated fat: 8g
- Cholesterol: 18mg
- Sodium: 379mg
- Carbohydrates: 73g
- Fiber: 6g
- Sugar: 45g
- Protein: 5g
What makes red, white, and blue pie so special?
You’ve probably seen red, white, and blue pies before, but do you know what makes them so special? It’s not just the vibrant colors that make them stand out – it’s the combination of flavors and textures that make them truly unique. These pies are a delicious combination of sweet, tart, and creamy.
The first layer of the pie is typically made of a sweet, tart red fruit, like cherries or strawberries, which provides a burst of flavor and vibrant color. The middle layer is a creamy white custard, which adds a smooth texture and subtle sweetness. The final layer is a fluffy blue layer, usually made with a combination of blueberries and whipped cream, which adds a light and airy texture and an extra sweet note.
The combination of flavors and textures creates a truly unique and delicious pie. The tartness of the red layer is balanced by the sweetness of the blue layer, and the creamy white layer adds a richness that ties it all together.
What is the best type of red, white, and blue pie to make?
If you want to make a delicious red, white, and blue pie, the best type to make is a classic berry pie. This pie is packed with summery flavors that are perfect for celebrating America’s independence. Not only does it look stunning with its bold colors, but it tastes delicious too.
To make a classic berry pie, you’ll need a pie crust, strawberries, blueberries, and raspberries. For the crust, you can make it yourself or buy a pre-made crust. If you’re making it from scratch, you’ll need the classic ingredients like flour, butter, and salt.
Once you’ve got your crust ready, it’s time to fill it. Start by adding the strawberries, blueberries, and raspberries. You can mix them up together or layer them for a more colorful presentation. Once the filling is in, top it off with a lattice crust or a solid crust.
Once your pie is assembled, it’s time to bake. Bake it in a preheated oven at 350°F for 45 minutes or until it’s golden brown. Let it cool before serving and enjoy!
A classic berry pie is the perfect way to show your patriotism this summer. It looks beautiful and features the colors of our nation. Plus, it’s easy to make and tastes delicious.
How can you make red, white, and blue pie a healthy dessert?
You can make red, white, and blue pie a healthy dessert by making some simple swaps! First, you can opt for a whole wheat crust instead of a traditional pastry crust. Whole wheat crusts are higher in fiber and can help fill you up faster. Second, use fresh fruit instead of canned fruit. This will give you a much fresher taste and provide more vitamins and minerals. Finally, you can use a low-fat or non-fat Greek yogurt when making the topping. Greek yogurt is a great source of protein and helps make the topping for your pie a little healthier.
How can you make red, white, and blue pie a fun activity?
Making Red, White, and Blue Pie a fun activity is easy! To create an enjoyable experience, focus on the creative elements of the baking process and make it into a fun group activity. Start by gathering ingredients and finding a recipe that works for you. Then, get creative with the presentation of the pie. Decorate the crust with stars, stripes, or other shapes to show off your patriotic pride. Finally, invite some friends over, put on some music, and enjoy the delicious treat you have created together.
To really make the experience memorable, have everyone in the group create their own individual pies. This will allow everyone to express themselves and make the pie-making even more fun. Plus, it’s a great way to get the whole family involved. You can even have everyone share the pies they have created, which can be a blast.
Making Red, White, and Blue Pie can be a fun and memorable activity for the whole family. With some creativity and a few friends, you can have an amazing time creating a delicious dessert.
What are some creative ways to decorate red, white, and blue pie?
If you’re looking to get creative with your Red, White, and Blue Pie, you’re in the right place! There are lots of fun, festive ways to decorate your pie to really wow your guests. Here are some of our favorite ideas.
You can start off by mixing up the colors of the crust. For example, you can make one crust blue, one red, and one white. Or, you could make stripes of alternating colors along the edge of your crust.
Another option is to create a crumb topping with red, white, and blue sprinkles. This looks especially cool when you mix in some white chocolate chips for an extra burst of sweetness.
Try creating a decorative pattern on top of the pie with fresh fruit. You can use blueberries, raspberries, and white peaches to create a unique design. You can also use the fruit to make the word “USA” or any other patriotic message.
Finally, you can’t go wrong with a dollop of homemade whipped cream and a few red, white, and blue sprinkles on top. This is a classic way to add a bit of color and sweetness to your pie.
No matter which idea you choose, your Red, White, and Blue Pie will be sure to turn heads! With just a little bit of creativity, you can make a festive, delicious dessert that will be the star of the show.
What are some creative topping ideas to add to red, white, and blue pie?
Red, White, and Blue Pie is a delicious way to celebrate a holiday or special occasion. You can take your pie to the next level by adding some creative toppings. Here are some of our favorite topping ideas to add to your Red, White, and Blue Pie:
- Start with an easy one: Blueberries! Whether fresh or frozen, blueberries are a classic topping for Red, White, and Blue Pie.
- Granola is a great way to add a crunchy texture to your pie. Mix in some red, white, and blue colors and you’ll have a festive topping.
- Try adding a layer of whipped cream. You can make it festive by adding a few drops of food coloring to the cream. Red, white, and blue whips create a beautiful look.
- Sprinkles are always a great choice when you want to make something special. Look for red, white, and blue sprinkles to give your pie an extra special look.
- Chocolate chips or candy pieces can also work as toppings. Red, white, and blue M&Ms or Reese’s Pieces are a perfect way to finish off your pie.
No matter what topping you choose, your Red, White, and Blue Pie will be sure to impress! With these creative topping ideas, you can take your pie to the next level and make it a true show-stopper.