Refreshingly Spicy Mexican Gazpacho
There’s nothing quite like the refreshing taste of Mexican Gazpacho on a hot summer day! I remember the first time I made it – I was a little intimidated as I had never cooked anything like it before, but the end result was so delicious that I’ve been making it ever since. This recipe is a great way to enjoy the flavors of Mexico without having to go south of the border. If you’ve never tried Mexican Gazpacho before, you’re in for a real treat!
Mexican Gazpacho Recipe
- 5 large tomatoes, diced
- 1 cucumber, peeled and diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 red onion, diced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- Hey there! Let’s make Mexican Gazpacho!
- First, dice up 5 large tomatoes and add them to a large bowl. Peel and dice one cucumber and add to the bowl. Next, dice one green bell pepper, one red onion and mince one jalapeno pepper (make sure to remove the seeds!). Add all of these diced veggies to the bowl as well.
- In a separate bowl, mix together 1/4 cup of olive oil, 3 tablespoons of red wine vinegar, 1 clove of minced garlic, 1 teaspoon of sugar, 1/2 teaspoon of ground cumin, 1/2 teaspoon of salt and 1/4 teaspoon of freshly ground black pepper. Whisk these ingredients together to make the dressing.
- Pour the dressing over the diced vegetables and mix everything together really well. Add 2 tablespoons of fresh chopped cilantro and mix it in.
- And that’s it! Mexican Gazpacho is ready to eat! This recipe takes about 25 minutes to make, so you’ll be enjoying this delicious dish in no time!
- Calories: 150
- Total Fat: 9g
- Saturated Fat: 1.5g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Sodium: 230mg
- Potassium: 590mg
- Total Carbohydrate: 13g
- Dietary Fiber: 3g
- Sugar: 5g
- Protein: 3g
What is mexican gazpacho and why is it a great cold soup to try?
Mexican Gazpacho is a delicious cold soup that is perfect for summer days! It is made with a variety of fresh vegetables, like tomatoes, peppers, cucumbers, and onions, and is usually served chilled. Plus, it’s easy to make and you can find recipes for it online or in cookbooks.
The main ingredients for Mexican Gazpacho are tomatoes and peppers. Tomatoes are the base of the soup and provide a rich flavor. Peppers and cucumbers add a hint of spiciness, and onions give the soup a nice depth of flavor. You can also add garlic, cilantro, and jalapeno peppers to give the soup a unique twist.
Mexican Gazpacho is a refreshingly light soup that can be served as a starter or as an accompaniment to a meal. It’s great for entertaining because it’s easy to make and can be served in individual bowls or cups. Plus, it’s a great way to get in your daily servings of vegetables.
If you’re looking for a light and flavorful soup to try, Mexican Gazpacho is a great option. It’s healthy, can be made ahead of time, and is sure to please everyone at the table.
How does the texture of mexican gazpacho compare to other cold soups?
When it comes to texture, Mexican Gazpacho stands out from other cold soups. It’s surprisingly thick and creamy, contrasting with the light, brothy textures of many other chilled soups. Here’s how its texture compares to other cold soups:
- Creamy: Unlike many other cold soups, Mexican Gazpacho has a creamy, almost velvety texture. This is achieved by blending tomatoes, cucumbers, garlic, olive oil, and other ingredients until they are completely smooth.
- Thick: Mexican Gazpacho is thicker than other cold soups, thanks to the addition of olive oil, which helps to bind the ingredients together.
- Hearty: The ingredients in Mexican Gazpacho are hearty, filling, and satisfying. You won’t be left feeling hungry after eating a bowl of this delicious soup!.
- Refreshing: The addition of cucumbers, tomatoes, and other fresh ingredients makes Mexican Gazpacho a refreshing and cooling summer soup.
All in all, Mexican Gazpacho has a unique texture that sets it apart from other cold soups. Its creamy, thick, and hearty texture makes it a satisfying and delicious dish.
What nutritional benefits come from eating mexican gazpacho?
Yes! Eating Mexican gazpacho provides a range of nutritional benefits. Here are just a few:
- Rich in Vitamins and Minerals: Mexican gazpacho is high in vitamins C and A, as well as several other minerals like calcium, phosphorus, and magnesium. These help support a healthy immune system, aid in digestion, and keep our bones strong.
- Low in Calories: Mexican gazpacho is a low-calorie dish, making it great for those watching their weight. A single serving of gazpacho is only about 90 calories.
- High in Fiber: Fiber is important for keeping our digestive systems running smoothly, and Mexican gazpacho is full of it. In fact, a single serving of gazpacho provides about 5 grams of fiber.
- Low in Fat: Mexican gazpacho is a good source of healthy fats, with only 1 gram of fat per serving. This makes it a great choice for those looking to maintain a healthy weight.
So, next time you’re looking for a nutritious and delicious meal, look no further than Mexican gazpacho! It’s a great way to get all the vitamins, minerals, and fiber your body needs.
What are the key ingredients and flavors found in mexican gazpacho?
Mexican Gazpacho is a delicious summer soup that is packed with the flavors of the Southwest. It’s a great way to cool off on a hot day and it’s made with a variety of ingredients that come together to create a unique and flavorful dish. The key ingredients and flavors in Mexican Gazpacho include: tomatoes, onions, garlic, jalapeños, cilantro, lime, and olive oil.
The tomatoes provide the base of the soup and give it a refreshing and juicy flavor. Onions and garlic add a bit of flavor and spice to the soup, while jalapeños give it a kick of heat. Cilantro and lime bring a bright, acidic flavor to the soup, while the olive oil adds a richness that balances out the flavors.
All of these ingredients combine to create an incredibly flavorful soup that is perfect for summer. The soup can be served chilled or at room temperature, depending on your preference. And, it can be garnished with a variety of toppings, such as diced tomatoes, avocados, and tortilla chips.
No matter how you serve it, Mexican Gazpacho is a delicious soup that is sure to please. With its fresh and flavorful ingredients, it’s a great way to cool off on a hot summer day.
What unique garnishes can be added to mexican gazpacho to make it even more delicious?
Adding a few unique garnishes to Mexican Gazpacho can make it even more delicious! From crunchy chips and croutons to zesty herbs and spices, there are plenty of options for you to choose from. Here are a few ideas for tasty garnishes that you can use to take your Mexican Gazpacho to the next level.
One great way to give your Mexican Gazpacho an extra kick is to top it with some crushed tortilla chips. The salty crunch of the chips will add a great texture to the soup and provide a tasty contrast to the smoothness of the gazpacho. You can also add some croutons to the soup for an even crunchier texture.
If you’re looking to add some flavor to your Mexican Gazpacho, try sprinkling some herbs and spices over the top. Chopped fresh cilantro and a pinch of cumin will add some wonderful depth to the dish, while a sprinkle of chili flakes will give it a fiery kick. A few dashes of hot sauce will also add some heat and a layer of complexity.
Another way to add flavor and texture to your Mexican Gazpacho is to top it with some diced vegetables, such as bell peppers, red onions, and jalapeños. The vegetables will give the soup a nice crunch and a bright flavor. You can also add some diced avocado for a creamy, nutty flavor.
By adding a few unique garnishes to your Mexican Gazpacho, you can take it from good to great! Whether you want to add a bit of crunch or some zesty flavor, there are plenty of options for you to choose from. So don’t be afraid to experiment and find the garnishes that work best for you.
What other dishes pair well with mexican gazpacho?
If you’re looking to pair something delicious with Mexican gazpacho, you’re in luck! This classic chilled soup is incredibly versatile and pairs well with all kinds of dishes. From light salads and tacos to hearty Mexican dishes and even grilled meats, there are so many possibilities! Here are a few of our favorites to get you started.
Salads are a great way to lighten up the meal and make it more balanced. Try serving a bright, citrusy salad alongside your gazpacho. A simple combination of greens, oranges, and avocados is a great option. You can also add in some crunchy nuts or a drizzle of olive oil for added flavor.
Tacos are another classic Mexican dish that pairs beautifully with gazpacho. Try making some shrimp tacos with a creamy avocado salsa and a squeeze of lime. This combination of flavors will perfectly complement the acidity and brightness of the gazpacho.
If you’re looking for something a little heartier, try serving your gazpacho alongside some Mexican-style enchiladas. You can make these with chicken, beef, or even vegetarian fillings. The savory filling, combined with the creamy enchilada sauce, will provide the perfect contrast to the light and refreshing gazpacho.
If you’re feeling adventurous, you can also pair your gazpacho with grilled meats. Try grilling up some spiced chicken, pork, or beef and serving it alongside your soup. The smoky flavor of the meat will add an interesting depth to the dish.
As you can see, there are so many delicious ways to pair Mexican gazpacho with other dishes. From light salads and tacos to hearty enchiladas and grilled meats, there’s something for everyone! So go ahead and experiment with different combinations and find the perfect pairing for your gazpacho.