Heavenly Vegan Double Chocolate-Peanut Butter Skillet Cookie
I’m here to tell you that vegan baking can be just as indulgent and delicious as its non-vegan counterpart – and my Vegan Double Chocolate-Peanut Butter Skillet Cookie is proof! This indulgent dessert is made with vegan ingredients, and it’s the perfect combination of rich chocolate, gooey peanut butter, and crunchy cookie dough. Every time I make this cookie, I’m reminded of just how delicious vegan baking can be. Trust me when I say this is one dessert you won’t want to miss!
Vegan Double Chocolate-Peanut Butter Skillet Cookie Recipe
- 1/2 cup vegan butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup vegan dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup vegan peanut butter chips
- Preheat your oven to 350°F.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the vegan butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar until creamy. Then add in the vanilla extract and mix until combined.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt. Then add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until a dough forms.
- Grease a 9-inch cast iron skillet with vegan butter. Then add the dough to the skillet and spread it out to cover the entire bottom.
- Sprinkle the chocolate chips and peanut butter chips evenly over the top of the cookie dough.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 18-20 minutes, or until the edges of the cookie are golden brown.
- Let the skillet cookie cool for at least 22 minutes before serving. Enjoy your vegan double chocolate-peanut butter skillet cookie!
- Calories: 317 kcal
- Protein: 5g
- Fat: 16g
- Carbohydrates: 38g
- Sugar: 19g
- Sodium: 321mg
What makes a vegan double chocolate-peanut butter skillet cookie so delicious?
There’s nothing quite like a warm and gooey vegan double chocolate-peanut butter skillet cookie. The mix of rich dark cocoa powder, creamy peanut butter and semi-sweet vegan chocolate chips creates an indulgent flavor combination that feels like a treat every time.
A key element in making a vegan double chocolate-peanut butter skillet cookie so delicious is in the choice of ingredients. Dark cocoa powder will give the cookie an intense and rich chocolate flavor. Choose a creamy peanut butter that won’t overpower the other flavors. It should also be stirred into the cookie dough until it is completely incorporated. Use semi-sweet vegan chocolate chips to add a touch of sweetness to the cookie.
Another important factor in creating a delicious vegan double chocolate-peanut butter skillet cookie is the baking time. The cookie should be baked in a preheated 350°F oven for about 20 minutes or until the edges are set and the center of the cookie is soft and gooey. Over-baking can result in a dry cookie, so it is important to keep an eye on the baking time.
The final step to creating the perfect vegan double chocolate-peanut butter skillet cookie is to let it cool for at least 10 minutes before serving. This will ensure that the flavors and texture of the cookie are fully developed and that it is still warm and gooey.
These simple steps result in a decadent vegan double chocolate-peanut butter skillet cookie that is sure to be a hit with everyone.
How can a vegan double chocolate-peanut butter skillet cookie be customized to fit individual tastes?
Yes! A vegan double chocolate-peanut butter skillet cookie is incredibly customizable, so you can whip up a delicious version that will fit your individual tastes perfectly. There are a few different ways to customize this decadent treat.
Firstly, you can adjust the sweetness level. If you prefer your desserts on the less-sweet side, you can reduce the amount of cane sugar or use a low glycemic index alternative, like coconut sugar or maple syrup. If you’re a fan of extra-sweet treats, you can add extra cane sugar or a bit of dark corn syrup to the batter.
Another way to customize this vegan double chocolate-peanut butter skillet cookie is to adjust the nut butter content. If you like a more intense peanut butter flavor, you can add an additional tablespoon or two of peanut butter. If you’d like to reduce the peanut butter flavor, you can substitute some of the peanut butter with almond butter or cashew butter.
You can also alter the type of chocolate chips used. For a more intense chocolate flavor, you can use semi-sweet or dark chocolate chips. For a milder flavor, use milk chocolate chips or white chocolate chips.
These are just a few of the ways you can customize a vegan double chocolate-peanut butter skillet cookie to fit individual tastes. With a little experimentation, you can create a delicious version of this decadent treat that you’ll love.
What are the benefits of making a vegan double chocolate-peanut butter skillet cookie?
The benefits of making a vegan double chocolate-peanut butter skillet cookie are endless! This delicious dessert is sure to make all your friends and family smile from ear to ear, and it is also perfect for any occasion. Here are just a few of the benefits of this flavorful and decadent delight:
- A vegan-friendly option – This vegan cookie is made with natural and cruelty-free ingredients, making it a great option for those who follow a vegan lifestyle.
- Satisfies cravings – Filled with rich chocolate and peanut butter, this cookie is sure to satisfy even the strongest of cravings.
- Perfect for sharing – The skillet cookie is big enough to feed a crowd, making it the perfect dessert for potlucks and parties.
- Easy to make – This delicious dessert is surprisingly easy to make and will require just a few ingredients.
So, if you’re looking for a delicious and easy vegan dessert, then a vegan double chocolate-peanut butter skillet cookie is the perfect choice.
What are some tips for making a perfect vegan double chocolate-peanut butter skillet cookie?
Start with the right pan: a cast-iron skillet is the best choice for this recipe as it will create the most even heat and ensure that the cookie is cooked through evenly.
- Use the right ingredients: make sure to use vegan butter, vegan chocolate chips, and natural peanut butter for the most delicious results.
- Preheat your oven: preheating the oven is essential for ensuring that your cookie bakes evenly.
- Prepare the dough: mix the wet and dry ingredients together until a soft dough is formed.
- Form the cookie: spread the dough in the skillet and press it down evenly to ensure that it cooks through evenly.
- Add the toppings: sprinkle vegan chocolate chips and chunks of peanut butter on top and press them into the dough.
- Bake and enjoy: bake until the cookie is golden brown and the edges are crispy.
What are the costs associated with making a vegan double chocolate-peanut butter skillet cookie?
When it comes to making a vegan double chocolate-peanut butter skillet cookie, the costs can vary depending on the ingredients you choose. But overall, making this delectable dessert won’t break the bank! You’ll need some vegan butter, sugar, flour, baking powder, baking soda, cocoa powder, peanut butter, vegan chocolate chips, and whatever toppings you’d like to add. Most of these ingredients can be purchased in bulk for a much lower cost than buying individual packages. Plus, you’ll likely have some of these items in your pantry already! All in all, the cost of making a vegan double chocolate-peanut butter skillet cookie is relatively inexpensive.
What other vegan desserts pair well with a vegan double chocolate-peanut butter skillet cookie?
If you’re looking for a delicious way to top off your vegan double chocolate-peanut butter skillet cookie, there are plenty of options! Whether you’re looking for something fruity, nutty, or creamy, you can find a vegan dessert that pairs well with your skillet cookie. Here are some of the best vegan desserts to pair with your delicious cookie:
Fruity: If you want something light and fruity, try a vegan fruit crisp. You can use a variety of seasonal fruits and top it off with a crumble topping made from oats and vegan sugar. If you’re looking for an even lighter option, you can make a vegan fruit compote topped with a dollop of vegan whipped cream.
Nutty: To complement the nutty flavor of the cookie, why not make a vegan nut butter cheesecake? It’s a creamy and rich dessert that pairs perfectly with the cookie. You can also make a vegan peanut butter mousse topped with roasted peanuts for a more indulgent dessert.
Creamy: For a creamy, decadent vegan dessert, go with a vegan chocolate mousse. It’s light, airy, and incredibly rich. To make it even more decadent, top it off with vegan coconut cream and some vegan chocolate chips.
These vegan desserts are sure to pair perfectly with your vegan double chocolate-peanut butter skillet cookie.
How can you make a vegan double chocolate-peanut butter skillet cookie ahead of time and store it for later?
Making a vegan double chocolate-peanut butter skillet cookie ahead of time and storing it for later is easy and delicious! With the right ingredients and a little bit of time, you can create a warm and gooey dessert that’s perfect for any occasion. Here are some simple steps to make it happen:
- Start by prepping the ingredients. You’ll need vegan butter, vegan sugar, peanut butter, vegan chocolate chips, baking powder, and flour. Measure out the amounts for each ingredient and put them aside.
- Grease an oven-safe skillet with the vegan butter and preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a medium-sized bowl, mix together the vegan sugar, peanut butter, and vegan butter until the mixture is creamy.
- Add in the baking powder and the flour, stirring until the ingredients are combined.
- Fold in the vegan chocolate chips and pour the mixture into the greased skillet.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes, or until the cookie is golden brown.
- Allow the cookie to cool before cutting and serving.
- To store the cookie, wrap it in parchment paper or foil and store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. Reheat it in the oven before serving.