My love for crunchy snacks is an understatement – and that’s where Air Fryer Roasted Almonds come in! I recently discovered this delicious snack and it has quickly become one of my favorite go-to snacks. Not only are Air Fryer Roasted Almonds incredibly delicious, but they are also incredibly easy to make. All you need is a few simple ingredients and a few minutes of your time. The end result is a delicious and healthy snack that is sure to satisfy even the most picky of eaters.
Air Fryer Roasted Almonds Recipe
- 1. 2 cups raw almonds
- 2. 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3. ¾ tablespoon very hot water
- 4. ¾ teaspoon Himalayan pink salt, or to taste
- 5. Salt to taste
- Preheat the air fryer to 350°F.
- In a medium bowl, combine the raw almonds, olive oil, very hot water, and Himalayan pink salt.
- Stir the ingredients together until all the almonds are evenly coated with the olive oil and salt mixture.
- Place the almonds in the preheated air fryer and cook for 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes, stir the almonds and cook for an additional 10 minutes.
- Once the almonds are golden brown and crispy, remove them from the air fryer and place them on a plate lined with paper towels to cool.
- Once cooled, sprinkle with salt to taste.
- Serve the air fryer roasted almonds and enjoy!
- Serving size: 1/4 cup
- Calories: 170
- Total fat: 13g
- Saturated fat: 1g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Sodium: 75mg
- Total carbohydrate: 5g
- Dietary fiber: 2g
- Sugars: 0g
- Protein: 6g
What types of air fryers are best for roasting almonds?
The best type of air fryer for roasting almonds is one with adjustable temperature, time, and control settings. This will allow you to customize the roasting process to get the best flavor and texture from the almonds. Additionally, air fryers that have a large capacity will be more efficient when roasting a large volume of almonds. Lastly, a digital air fryer with an LCD display will help you keep track of the cooking process and ensure the almonds are evenly cooked.
What are the benefits of air fryer roasted almonds compared to oven roasted almonds?
The benefits of air fryer roasted almonds compared to oven roasted almonds include:
- Quicker cook time: Air frying almonds takes about 10-15 minutes, while oven roasting almonds typically takes 25-30 minutes.
- Less mess: Air frying almonds requires only a single layer of almonds and a tablespoon or two of oil, while oven roasting usually requires a large baking sheet and multiple tablespoons of oil.
- Crispier texture: Air frying almonds results in a crispier texture due to the high-heat and hot air circulation.
- More even cooking: Air frying almonds results in a more even cooking, as the hot air circulated throughout the air fryer helps to cook the almonds more evenly.
- More flavor: Air frying almonds results in a more flavorful nut, as the combination of hot air and oil helps to seal in the natural nutty flavor.
What are some tips and tricks for roasting almonds in an air fryer?
Preheat the air fryer for about 5 minutes at 350°F before adding the almonds.
- Spread the almonds in a single layer on the bottom of the air fryer basket.
- Add a touch of oil, salt, and any desired seasonings to the almonds.
- Cook the almonds for about 10 minutes, stirring halfway through for even roasting.
- Remove the almonds from the air fryer when they are golden brown and let cool before serving.
- Monitor the almonds closely during the roasting process, as they can burn quickly.
What additional flavorings can be added to air fryer roasted almonds?
When making air fryer roasted almonds, there are a variety of additional flavorings that can be added to take the nuts to the next level. These flavorings can range from sweet to savory, and can be used to create a variety of delicious flavors. Some of the most popular flavorings that can be added include cinnamon, garlic powder, cayenne pepper, rosemary, and Parmesan cheese.
Adding cinnamon to the almonds can provide a subtle sweetness that pairs well with the nutty flavor of the almonds. A little bit of garlic powder can provide a savory depth of flavor to the almonds, while cayenne pepper adds a hint of heat. Rosemary adds a unique herbal flavor, and some freshly grated Parmesan cheese can give the almonds a savory and salty flavor.
For even more flavor, experiment with different combinations of the above ingredients. For example, a combination of cinnamon and freshly ground black pepper creates a delicious blend of sweet and spicy. Or, try adding a pinch of nutmeg with a bit of garlic powder for a unique flavor. The possibilities are endless!
No matter what flavorings are added, always remember to season the almonds with a pinch of salt before air frying.
How long does it take to roast almonds in an air fryer?
It typically takes about 10 minutes to roast almonds in an air fryer.
Cooking time for air fryer roasted almonds can vary depending on the size and quantity of the almonds, as well as the temperature of the air fryer. Generally, almonds should be cooked on a medium-high heat setting, at around 350-375°F. To ensure even cooking, it’s important to periodically shake the basket to redistribute the almonds during the cooking process.
For maximum flavor, it’s recommended to lightly spray the almonds with a cooking oil before roasting. This will help to create an even, golden-brown color and crunchy texture. If you prefer a sweeter taste, consider adding a teaspoon of sugar or honey before cooking.
Overall, roasting almonds in an air fryer is a quick and easy way to enjoy a tasty snack.