I’ve been making this delicious Strawberry Chiffon Pie for years, and it never fails to delight! With a light and airy chiffon filling, sweet strawberry topping, and a buttery, flaky crust, it’s the perfect summertime dessert. Every time I take a bite of this pie, I’m transported back to my childhood, when I would spend summer days picking strawberries and daydreaming about how I would make them into something special. Now, I can make this delicious treat with ease, and I know it will bring joy to anyone who tastes it.
Strawberry Chiffon Pie Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup light corn syrup
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 cups fresh or frozen strawberries, sliced
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Strawberry Chiffon Pie Recipe
- This strawberry chiffon pie is the perfect way to make a delicious and impressive dessert. Here’s what you’ll need:
- •1-1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- •1/3 cup butter, melted
- •2 tablespoons sugar
- •2 tablespoons water
- •1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- •1/4 cup cold water
- •1/4 cup sugar
- •1/8 teaspoon salt
- •2/3 cup light corn syrup
- •2 egg yolks
- •1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- •1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- •2 cups fresh or frozen strawberries, sliced
- •1 cup heavy cream
- •2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- •1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preparation Time: 45 minutes
- Cooking Time (if needed): 0
- Additional Time (if needed): 15 minutes
- Let’s get started!
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, combine the graham cracker crumbs, melted butter, and 2 tablespoons of sugar. Mix until the crumbs are well coated.
- Grease a 9-inch pie plate. Press the crumb mixture into the bottom and sides of the pie plate.
- Bake the crust for 10 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool.
- In a small saucepan, bring the water to a boil. Take the pan off the heat and add the gelatin. Stir until the gelatin is dissolved. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, beat the egg yolks until light and thick.
- In a large saucepan, combine the sugar, salt, corn syrup, and ¼ cup of cold water. Place the pan over medium heat and cook until the sugar is dissolved. Add the egg yolks and cook, stirring constantly, until the mixture thickens. Remove from the heat.
- Add the gelatin mixture, lemon peel, and almond extract. Mix until combined.
- Place the sliced strawberries into the prepared crust. Pour the gelatin mixture over the top. Place the pie in the refrigerator and chill for at least 3 hours.
- In a medium bowl, beat the cream, powdered sugar, and vanilla extract until soft peaks form. Spread the whipped cream over the chilled pie.
- Slice and serve! Your strawberry chiffon pie is now ready. Enjoy!
- Calories: 454 kcal
- Fat: 23 g
- Saturated Fat: 14 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Cholesterol: 111 mg
- Sodium: 198 mg
- Carbohydrates: 57 g
- Fiber: 3 g
- Sugar: 34 g
- Protein: 6 g
What makes strawberry chiffon pie so special?
Strawberry Chiffon Pie is a truly special treat! It combines the creamy consistency of a classic custard pie with the bright and juicy flavor of fresh strawberries. The combination of the two is irresistible! The light and airy texture of the chiffon filling, made with egg whites, sugar, and gelatin, is the perfect contrast to the sweetness of the strawberries. Plus, the presentation of the pie with its beautiful contrast of colors is truly a sight to behold.
Whether you’re making it for a special occasion or just because, Strawberry Chiffon Pie is sure to please. Its lightness makes it a great choice for summer picnics, barbecues, and other warm-weather gatherings.
The best part about this delicious pie is that it’s surprisingly easy to make. You can find recipes online or in cookbooks that will guide you through the steps. With just a few simple ingredients and a little patience, you’ll have a delicious treat that’s sure to be a hit with your friends and family.
So, what makes Strawberry Chiffon Pie so special? It’s a unique and delicious combination of flavor, texture, and presentation that’s sure to please everyone who tries it.
What are some creative serving ideas for strawberry chiffon pie?
If you’re looking for creative and delicious ways to serve strawberry chiffon pie, you’ve come to the right place! Strawberry chiffon pie is a light, airy, and incredibly tasty dessert that’s perfect for a variety of occasions. Here are some of our favorite creative serving ideas for this classic dish.
- Chocolate-Dipped Strawberries. For a decadent and eye-catching presentation, dip fresh strawberries into melted chocolate and arrange them around a slice of strawberry chiffon pie. This makes for a delicious, stunning dessert that your guests are sure to love!
- Mini Strawberry Chiffon Pies. If you’re looking for a fun, bite-sized treat, why not make individual mini pies? Simply roll out pre-made pie crusts and use a biscuit cutter to cut out small circles. Fill each circle with a spoonful of strawberry chiffon filling, top with another circle of crust, and bake. You’ll have delicious and cute mini pies in no time.
- Parfaits. If you’re looking for a light and refreshing way to enjoy strawberry chiffon pie, turn it into a parfait! Simply layer crumbled strawberry chiffon pie, whipped cream, and sliced fresh strawberries in a parfait glass. This is the perfect dessert for a hot summer day.
- Strawberry Chiffon Pie Ice Cream. For a truly unique dessert experience, blend strawberry chiffon filling with softened ice cream and freeze. Scoop this creamy, flavorful concoction into a bowl and top with a dollop of whipped cream and a few fresh strawberries. This is a great way to enjoy strawberry chiffon pie all year round!
These are just a few creative serving ideas for strawberry chiffon pie. With a little bit of imagination, you can come up with even more delicious and beautiful ways to enjoy this classic dessert.
What are some key tips for making the perfect strawberry chiffon pie?
Start with a good crust. Make sure it’s crisp and flaky – the perfect base for a delicious strawberry chiffon pie.
- Use fresh strawberries for the filling. The flavor will be much better than if you use frozen ones.
- Sweeten the filling with sugar or honey to make it extra delicious.
- Use the right type of gelatin – either unflavored or strawberry flavored – to help the filling set up.
- Use a little lemon juice to brighten up the flavor.
- Whip the egg whites and fold them into the strawberry mixture to create a light, fluffy texture.
- Bake the pie until the crust is golden and the filling is set. Allow the pie to cool before serving.
What type of crust works best for strawberry chiffon pie?
The best type of crust to use for a strawberry chiffon pie is a graham cracker crust. This type of crust has a sweet, buttery flavor that complements the sweet and tangy flavors of the strawberry chiffon. It also adds a crunchy texture to the pie that will help balance out the creamy filling.
To make a graham cracker crust for a strawberry chiffon pie, simply combine one and a half cups of graham cracker crumbs with a quarter cup of melted butter. Press the crumb mixture into a 9-inch pie plate. Bake at 375 degrees for 8-10 minutes, until lightly browned. Allow the crust to cool before adding the filling.
The graham cracker crust is a classic option for a strawberry chiffon pie, but you can also get creative and use other types of crusts. Shortbread crusts, vanilla wafer crusts, and gingersnap crusts are all delicious options. Just make sure to adjust the baking time accordingly so that your crust doesn’t get too dark.
No matter what type of crust you use, a strawberry chiffon pie will be a delicious treat! With the combination of a crunchy crust and a creamy, sweet strawberry filling, it’s sure to be a crowd-pleaser.
What types of garnishes and toppings can you add to strawberry chiffon pie?
Adding garnishes and toppings to a Strawberry Chiffon Pie is one of the most fun parts of baking! There are so many delicious options to choose from, you’ll be sure to find something that will take your pie up a notch. From traditional whipped cream and a sprinkle of sugar, to candied nuts and seasonal fruits, the possibilities are endless!
For a classic yet elegant look, consider adding a dollop of whipped cream and a few fresh strawberries. The cool, creamy texture of the whipped cream goes perfectly with the light and airy texture of the chiffon.
For a more unique touch, try adding a combination of fresh and dried fruit. This can be anything from a sprinkle of toasted almonds and diced apricots to a layer of blueberries and cherries. You can even mix in a few candied flowers for a beautiful and eye-catching garnish.
You could also try adding a drizzle of caramel or chocolate sauce to really take your pie to the next level. A few crushed nuts on top give the pie a nice crunchy texture and a pop of color.