I grew up in a family of bakers, so I’m no stranger to the kitchen. Last year, I decided to try my hand at making gluten-free pumpkin cookies for the holidays. I was a bit apprehensive, as I had never made gluten-free cookies before, but I was pleasantly surprised! The cookies came out soft and chewy, with just the perfect hint of pumpkin flavor. Now, I’m excited to share my recipe with you all so that you can enjoy the same delicious taste that I did!
Gluten-Free Pumpkin Cookies Recipe
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup gluten-free oat flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup pure pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup dairy-free chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, whisk together almond flour, oat flour, coconut flour, baking soda, ground cinnamon, ground nutmeg, ground ginger, ground allspice, and sea salt until combined.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the melted coconut oil, coconut sugar, pumpkin puree, and vanilla extract.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir until combined.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Scoop the cookie mix onto a parchment paper-lined baking sheet and press down to flatten slightly.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 12 minutes.
- Let the cookies cool for at least 15 minutes before enjoying!
- Calories: 340
- Total Fat: 19g
- Saturated Fat: 12g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Sodium: 360mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 36g
- Dietary Fiber: 6g
- Sugars: 16g
- Protein: 7g
What ingredients are needed to make gluten-free pumpkin cookies?
Making gluten-free pumpkin cookies is quick and easy, and you only need a few simple ingredients! To make these delicious autumn treats, you’ll need:
- cup gluten-free all-purpose flour
- teaspoon baking powder
- /2 teaspoon baking soda
- /2 teaspoon salt
- teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- /2 cup softened butter
- /2 cup granulated sugar
- /2 cup brown sugar
- cup canned pumpkin puree
- teaspoon vanilla extract
- /4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (optional)
Once you have all of the ingredients, making the cookies is a breeze. Simply preheat the oven to 350 degrees and mix together the dry ingredients in one bowl and the wet ingredients in another. Then, combine the two and stir until the dough is thick and creamy. Finally, use a spoon to drop and shape the dough onto a greased cookie sheet and bake for 10-12 minutes.
What are the benefits of baking gluten-free pumpkin cookies?
The Benefits of Baking Gluten-Free Pumpkin Cookies are Endless!
- Gluten-free pumpkin cookies are a tasty treat that everyone can enjoy. They are made without wheat flour, making them a much healthier alternative to traditional cookies.
- Gluten-free pumpkin cookies are perfect for those with celiac disease, gluten intolerance, or anyone who prefers a gluten-free lifestyle.
- Gluten-free pumpkin cookies are rich in flavor and texture, making them a great addition to any holiday celebration or special occasion.
- Baking gluten-free pumpkin cookies is a great way to get your kids involved in the kitchen. The dough is easy to work with and the finished product is delicious.
- Gluten-free pumpkin cookies are a lower-calorie alternative to traditional recipes, making them a great choice for those looking to watch their waistlines.
- Gluten-free pumpkin cookies are a great option for making ahead and freezing. Simply bake and freeze for a quick and easy treat anytime.
What tips can you offer for baking gluten-free pumpkin cookies with a perfect texture?
Making gluten-free pumpkin cookies with the perfect texture is possible. Here are some tips to help you along the way!
- Start with the right gluten-free flour blend. Look for a flour blend that includes xanthan gum, as this helps with the texture and structure of the cookies.
- Make sure all ingredients are at room temperature. This helps to ensure even mixing and baking.
- Use a cookie scoop to get consistent cookie shapes. This also helps with portion control.
- Make sure to use enough fat. Gluten-free baking requires more fat than traditional baking, so it’s important to use enough butter, oil, or another fat to help with texture and flavor.
- Be sure to measure your ingredients correctly. A kitchen scale is the best way to measure gluten-free flours accurately.
- Don’t overmix your dough. Overmixing can result in tough, dry cookies.
- Use parchment paper or a silicone baking mat on your baking sheet. This will help prevent sticking and ensure even baking.
- Don’t forget the mix-ins. Chopped nuts, chocolate chips, or dried fruit can add extra flavor and texture to your cookies.
- Bake the cookies until they are golden brown. This will help ensure that they are cooked through and have a perfect texture.
- Allow the cookies to cool completely before serving. This will ensure that they have the best texture.
With these tips, you’ll be able to make delicious gluten-free pumpkin cookies with the perfect texture every time.
How can you make gluten-free pumpkin cookies with minimal effort?
It’s surprisingly easy to make gluten-free pumpkin cookies with minimal effort! All you need are a few simple ingredients and a few minutes of your time. Here’s how to make delicious gluten-free pumpkin cookies with minimal effort:
First, you’ll need to gather your ingredients. This recipe calls for gluten-free flour, pumpkin puree, pumpkin pie spice, baking powder, salt, butter, light brown sugar, an egg, and vanilla extract.
Next, preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. In a bowl, whisk together the gluten-free flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking powder, and salt. In a separate bowl, cream together the butter, light brown sugar, and egg until the mixture is light and fluffy. Then, add the pumpkin puree and the vanilla extract and mix until everything is combined.
Next, fold the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients. Once everything is blended together, roll the batter into balls and place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake in the preheated oven for 10-12 minutes. Let the cookies cool on the baking sheet before transferring to a cooling rack. Enjoy!
Making gluten-free pumpkin cookies with minimal effort is a great way to enjoy a delicious, seasonal treat without spending too much time in the kitchen.
What are some creative ways to incorporate gluten-free pumpkin cookies into meal plans?
Making gluten-free pumpkin cookies can be a fun and creative way to add nutrition and flavor to your meal plan. Whether you’re cooking for yourself or a large group, there are some delicious and inventive ways to incorporate gluten-free pumpkin cookies into your menus.
One idea is to make pumpkin cookies as an appetizer or snack. They can be served with nut butters or fruit for a nutritious and tasty treat. Another option is to make mini gluten-free pumpkin cookies and turn them into delicious dippers for soups and stews. They also make a great side dish to a meal or a filling accompaniment to a salad.
You can also get creative with your gluten-free pumpkin cookies by serving them as a dessert. Try making pumpkin cookie ice cream sandwiches with your favorite gluten-free ice cream. Or bake your pumpkin cookies into bars and top them with melted chocolate or a drizzle of caramel.
You can also get creative with the ingredients you use in your gluten-free pumpkin cookies. Try using a mix of different nuts, spices, and dried fruits to create unique flavors. Or try adding in some nut butters or shredded coconut for a rich and creamy texture.
No matter how you choose to incorporate gluten-free pumpkin cookies into your meal plan, you can be sure that it will be a delicious and nutritious addition to your menus. With a little creativity and a few delicious ingredients, you can make some truly amazing gluten-free pumpkin cookies that everyone will love.