I’ve been making Chicken Pad Thai for years, and it’s always been one of my absolute favorite meals. Every time I make it, my family and friends can’t get enough of it! It’s full of fresh flavors and textures – tangy, salty, and sweet – and it’s so easy to make. Plus, it’s a great way to use up any leftover cooked chicken you might have in your fridge. Try my recipe for Chicken Pad Thai and you won’t be disappointed!
Chicken Pad Thai Recipe
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, diced
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup tamarind paste
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 8 ounces rice noodles
- 2 cups bean sprouts
- 1/4 cup roasted peanuts, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1/4 cup green onions, chopped
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- To begin making your Chicken Pad Thai, start by preparing all the ingredients. Dice the boneless, skinless chicken breasts and mince the garlic. Chop the fresh cilantro, basil, green onions and roasted peanuts. Cut the lime into wedges and set aside. Finally, measure out all the remaining ingredients so they’re ready to go.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and add the vegetable oil. Add the diced chicken and garlic and cook for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until chicken is cooked through.
- Add the fish sauce, lime juice, brown sugar, ground ginger, and red pepper flakes to the skillet. Stir to combine and cook for another minute or two.
- Add the tamarind paste and chicken broth and stir to combine. Bring the mixture to a simmer and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Add the rice noodles to the skillet and cook for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until noodles are al dente.
- Finally, add the bean sprouts, chopped peanuts, chopped cilantro, chopped basil, and chopped green onions. Stir to combine and cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Serve the Chicken Pad Thai with a lime wedge on the side. Enjoy!
- Calories: 590
- Total Fat: 27g
- Saturated Fat: 4g
- Cholesterol: 78mg
- Sodium: 2060mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 57g
- Dietary Fiber: 6g
- Sugars: 16g
- Protein: 33g
What is the best part about making chicken pad thai?
The best part about making chicken pad thai is the delicious mix of flavors! When you combine the sweet and sour taste of tamarind paste with the salty and savory notes of fish sauce, you get a sensational taste that’s truly unique. Add to that a hint of nuttiness from the peanuts and the crisp texture of the bean sprouts, and you’ve got a dish that’s sure to please any palate. Not to mention, the chicken adds a comforting, hearty touch that makes this dish a total crowd-pleaser.
Making chicken pad thai is also incredibly easy. All you need are some basic ingredients such as chicken, bean sprouts, and rice noodles, and you can have a delicious meal on the table in no time. Plus, it’s super versatile so you can tailor it to your taste by adding different vegetables, proteins, or sauces.
To top it all off, you get to enjoy the beautiful aromas that fill your kitchen as you cook. With fragrant herbs like basil, lime, and garlic, you can’t help but be taken away by the delightful smells that fill your home.
No matter how you choose to make your chicken pad thai, you’re sure to have a delicious and satisfying meal.
What tips do you have to make the perfect chicken pad thai?
If you’re looking for the perfect Chicken Pad Thai, here are some tips to get you started:
- Start with the best ingredients. Make sure you’re using fresh, high-quality ingredients for your Chicken Pad Thai. The fresher the ingredients, the better your dish will be!.
- Get the right noodles. You’ll want to use thin, flat rice noodles for your Chicken Pad Thai.
- Use the right sauce. The sauce for your Chicken Pad Thai should have a balance of sweet, sour and salty flavors. Try using tamarind paste, fish sauce and palm sugar to get the right flavor.
- Cook the chicken properly. Chicken should be cooked through, but not overcooked. Cook it just until it’s no longer pink in the middle.
- Don’t forget the garnishes. The traditional garnishes for Chicken Pad Thai are crushed peanuts, bean sprouts and cilantro. These add texture and flavor to the dish.
- Serve it hot. For the best flavor, serve your Chicken Pad Thai as soon as it’s finished cooking. It should be hot and fresh—just like you’d get at a restaurant!.
By following these tips, you’ll be able to make a perfect Chicken Pad Thai that’s sure to please.
What are the key ingredients to making a delicious chicken pad thai?
If you’re looking to make a delicious chicken pad thai, there are a few key ingredients to ensure you get the best flavor. You’ll need some chicken, rice noodles, garlic, shallots, fish sauce, tamarind paste, palm sugar, eggs, chives, and bean sprouts.
To begin, make sure to choose the right noodles. Rice noodles are the ideal choice because they hold up to the other flavors of the dish and won’t become soggy when stir-fried.
Next, make sure to use the freshest ingredients you can find. For the chicken, you’ll want to use boneless and skinless breasts that have been diced into small pieces. The garlic and shallots should be minced finely.
The other key ingredients include fish sauce, tamarind paste, and palm sugar. These ingredients create a unique and delicious flavor for the pad thai. The fish sauce gives the dish an umami flavor, while the tamarind paste adds a tangy sweetness. The palm sugar helps to balance out the flavor and provide a hint of sweetness.
Finally, you’ll want to add in the eggs, chives, and bean sprouts. The eggs help to add texture and protein to the dish, while the chives bring a mild onion flavor and the bean sprouts provide a crunchy texture.
With these key ingredients in hand, you’re ready to make the most delicious chicken pad thai. Now all you need to do is stir-fry the ingredients and add in a few of your favorite spices and seasonings.
What are some creative ways to garnish chicken pad thai?
You can get creative with garnishing your chicken pad thai! Here are some ideas to get you started:
- Top your chicken pad thai with crispy fried onions. The crunchy texture and sweet flavor will add depth to your dish.
- Sprinkle some chopped peanuts on top. The nutty flavor will give your dish an added dimension.
- Cut up some lime wedges and add them to the plate. The acidity of the lime will balance out the creamy sauce.
- Shredded carrots are another great way to add color and texture.
- Basil leaves are a great garnish to add some freshness and flavor.
- If you like a bit of heat, try adding some sliced red chilis.
- And, of course, don’t forget the bean sprouts! They’ll add crunch and a unique flavor.
Garnishing your chicken pad thai is an excellent way to make it look even more appetizing and add some extra flavor. With these ideas, you can have fun experimenting and creating something truly unique.
What sides pair the best with chicken pad thai?
If you’re looking for the perfect accompaniment to your chicken pad thai, you can’t go wrong with a side of crunchy spring rolls, a peanut dipping sauce, and a light, refreshing cucumber salad. The sweet and spicy flavors of the pad thai are a perfect match for the creamy peanut sauce and crunchy spring rolls, while the cucumber salad helps to balance out the heavier flavors on the plate.
For a unique twist on the traditional side dishes, try swapping out the spring rolls for chicken-filled samosas. They bring a unique crunchy texture and savory flavor that pairs well with the spiciness of the chicken pad thai. And if you want to make the dish truly vegan, swap out the chicken for tofu and serve with a vegan dipping sauce.
For a truly indulgent side dish, try pairing your chicken pad thai with a plate of fluffy, steamed jasmine rice. The fragrant jasmine rice complements the flavors of the pad thai and has a light, buttery taste that will take your meal to the next level.
No matter what sides you choose to pair with your chicken pad thai, they will all combine to create a delicious and satisfying meal.
What variations can you make with chicken pad thai?
You can make all kinds of delicious variations with chicken pad thai! Start with the traditional version of the dish: stir fry chicken with rice noodles, fish sauce, tamarind paste, garlic, shallots, and bean sprouts. From there, you can experiment with different flavors and ingredients. Try adding some chili paste for a spicier dish, or switch up the protein and use shrimp or tofu. You can also try adding different vegetables such as bell peppers or carrots. If you’re looking for something a bit sweeter, add some coconut milk or honey to the sauce. And don’t forget the herbs and spices – cilantro, basil, and lime juice all make great additions.