I’m always looking for new and delicious recipes to jazz up my weeknight dinners, and this one for honey-glazed baby carrots is an absolute winner! I’ve been making this dish for a few months now, and my family can’t get enough of it. The sweet and spicy honey glaze gives the carrots an irresistible flavor, and the crunchy texture is out of this world. Plus, it’s so easy to make that it’s a great way to add a bit of flair to any meal. Try it out and see what you think!
Honey-Glazed Baby Carrots Recipe
- 2 pounds baby carrots
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley (optional)
- Start by preheating your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Grab your 2 pounds of baby carrots and rinse them off in cool water.
- Place the carrots in a large bowl and add the 2 tablespoons of olive oil, 2 tablespoons of honey, 1 tablespoon of fresh lemon juice, 1/4 teaspoon of salt, and 1/4 teaspoon of freshly ground black pepper.
- Toss the carrots until they are evenly coated with the sauce.
- Spread the carrots out on a baking sheet and bake in the preheated oven for 15 minutes.
- After the 15 minutes, remove the carrots from the oven and add the 2 tablespoons of melted butter.
- Return the carrots to the oven and bake for an additional 5 minutes.
- Remove the carrots from the oven and sprinkle with the 2 tablespoons of chopped fresh parsley (optional).
- Serve and enjoy your delicious honey-glazed baby carrots!
- Calories: 172
- Total Fat: 8.3g
- Saturated Fat: 3.4g
- Cholesterol: 10.4mg
- Sodium: 192mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 22.5g
- Dietary Fiber: 3.5g
- Sugars: 13.2g
- Protein: 1.9g
What makes honey-glazed baby carrots so delicious?
Honey-glazed baby carrots are so delicious because they combine the natural sweetness of the carrots with the caramelized sugar and spice of the glaze. The combination of flavors is simply irresistible! The glaze also adds an extra layer of flavor to the carrots, giving them a unique taste that is both sweet and savory. Plus, the carrots are cooked to perfection so they maintain a delightful crunch. All of these elements come together to create a truly delicious dish that is hard to beat.
What health benefits are associated with this dish?
Honey-Glazed Baby Carrots are a delicious and nutritious side dish that can offer a variety of health benefits.
- The carrots provide essential vitamins and minerals, such as vitamin A, vitamin C, and potassium. Vitamin A is essential for maintaining healthy vision, vitamin C helps support the immune system, and potassium is important for heart health.
- The honey is a natural sweetener that provides antioxidants, which are beneficial for preventing cellular damage.
- This dish has a high fiber content, which can help regulate digestion, lower cholesterol, and maintain healthy blood sugar levels.
- The combination of olive oil and honey can also have anti-inflammatory properties that can help reduce inflammation in the body.
- This tasty side dish is low in calories and can be a great addition to any meal.
What tips do you have for making this dish even tastier?
Add a touch of heat: Nothing enhances sweetness like a little bit of heat. Try adding a pinch of red pepper flakes to the honey-glazed carrots for a delicious kick.
- Roast with herbs: For a herby twist, add a few sprigs of fresh herbs, such as rosemary or thyme, to the baking dish when roasting the carrots.
- Sweeten with brown sugar: For an even sweeter dish, replace white sugar with brown sugar in the glaze.
- Introduce citrus: To add some zing to the dish, try adding a teaspoon of freshly-squeezed lemon, lime, or orange juice to the glaze.
- Experiment with spices: If you want to add an interesting flavor to the dish, play around with different spices, such as cumin, nutmeg, or cinnamon.
- Top with nuts: To add a crunchy texture, sprinkle some chopped walnuts, almonds, or pistachios on top of the carrots before serving.
What are some of the best types of honey to use?
When it comes to the best types of honey to use in your honey-glazed baby carrots, there really is no one-size-fits-all answer. Different honeys provide different flavor profiles, and it really comes down to personal preference. However, there are a few types of honey that stand out as particularly delicious, and make for a truly memorable honey-glazed baby carrot dish.
Some of the best kinds of honey for this dish are wildflower honey, orange blossom honey, and sage honey. Wildflower honey has a rich, robust flavor that’s perfect for adding a hint of sweetness to your carrots. Orange blossom honey is light and floral, making it a great choice for a subtle hint of sweetness. And sage honey has a bold and distinctive taste that will give your carrots an unforgettable flavor.
If you’re looking to experiment with different types of honey, you can also try clover honey, lavender honey, and buckwheat honey. Clover honey has a mild, slightly fruity taste that will give your carrots a subtle sweetness. Lavender honey has a unique flavor that adds a unique twist to any dish. And buckwheat honey is a dark and robust honey, perfect for those who love a bold flavor.
No matter which type of honey you choose, you’ll be sure to end up with a delicious honey-glazed baby carrot dish. So go ahead and experiment to find the type of honey that’s just right for you.
How can honey-glazed baby carrots be served as a side dish?
Honey-glazed baby carrots make for a delicious side dish that can be enjoyed in a variety of ways. The sweet, sticky glaze and the tender texture of the carrots combine to create a mouthwatering flavor. Whether you’re serving them as a side dish for a dinner party or just as a snack for yourself, honey-glazed baby carrots are sure to be a hit!
One of the simplest ways to serve honey-glazed baby carrots is alongside roasted chicken or pork. The sweetness of the carrots pairs perfectly with the savory flavor of the meat, creating a great balance of flavors on your plate. You can also add a variety of herbs and spices to the carrots to give them some extra flavor.
For a different twist, try adding honey-glazed baby carrots to salads. Simply toss the carrots in a light dressing and add them to your favorite greens. The sweet and savory combination will be a delightful surprise. You can also try pairing them with feta cheese or dried cranberries for a unique and flavorful salad.
Finally, honey-glazed baby carrots make a great addition to soups and stews. The sweetness of the carrots will add a nice contrast to the savory broth, creating a delicious and comforting dish. You can also try adding them to pasta dishes or grain bowls for a colorful and flavorful dinner.
No matter how you serve them, honey-glazed baby carrots are sure to be a hit! With their sweet and savory flavor, they make for a delicious side dish that is sure to please any crowd.
What kind of ingredients are needed to make honey-glazed baby carrots?
Making honey-glazed baby carrots is easy and requires just a few ingredients! To make this delicious side dish, you’ll need baby carrots, butter, honey, fresh thyme, salt, and pepper.
Start by melting the butter in a large pan over medium-high heat. Once it’s melted, add in the baby carrots and cook for around 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. This will help to soften the carrots and bring out their sweetness.
Once the carrots are softened, pour in the honey and stir. You’ll want to reduce the heat to low, allowing the carrots to simmer in the honey until the sauce thickens and coats the carrots.
To finish the dish, add in the fresh thyme, salt, and pepper. For added flavor, you can also add a sprinkle of garlic powder or smoked paprika.
What variations can be made to the recipe to suit different dietary needs?
Making delicious honey-glazed baby carrots is a great way to add a sweet, crunchy element to any meal. But what if you or your dinner guests have different dietary needs? Not to worry — this recipe can easily be adapted to suit a variety of different diets.
For those following a vegan diet, you can make your honey-glazed carrots vegan-friendly by using a vegan-friendly honey substitute such as agave nectar. If you or your guests are avoiding refined sugar, you can use a natural sweetener like coconut sugar or maple syrup.
If you’re looking for a lower-carb option, you can swap out the carrots for turnips, parsnips, or radishes. You can also reduce the amount of honey or maple syrup you use to cut down on the sugar content.
For those following a gluten-free diet, you can replace the all-purpose flour with a gluten-free alternative such as almond flour, coconut flour, or oat flour.
With a few simple swaps, you can make this delicious honey-glazed baby carrot recipe suitable for a variety of dietary needs.