Delicious Vietnamese Lemongrass Beef And Noodle Recipe
I love trying new recipes and I’m always looking for a delicious and unique meal to make. Recently, I discovered Vietnamese Lemongrass Beef and Noodles and I’m so glad I did. There’s something so special about the combination of the fragrant lemongrass, the savory beef, and the toothsome noodles. I was instantly hooked on the flavor, and now it’s become one of my favorite dishes to make. Give it a try – you won’t regret it!
Vietnamese Lemongrass Beef and Noodles Recipe
- 1 ¼ pounds flank steak
- 2 tablespoons of fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons of soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons of brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon of minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons of minced lemongrass
- 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
- 3 cups cooked rice noodles
- 2 tablespoons of chopped cilantro
- 2 tablespoons of chopped thai basil
- 3 tablespoons of lime juice
- 2 tablespoons of toasted sesame seeds
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Welcome to the Vietnamese Lemongrass Beef and Noodles recipe! Let’s get started!
- First, combine the fish sauce, soy sauce, brown sugar, garlic, and lemongrass in a bowl and stir until everything is evenly incorporated.
- Next, heat up the vegetable oil in a large skillet. Once the oil is hot, add the flank steak and let it cook for about 5 minutes on each side or until it is cooked to your desired doneness.
- Once the steak is cooked through, remove it from the skillet and transfer it to a plate. Let it rest for 5 minutes before slicing.
- Now, add the cooked rice noodles to the skillet, along with the cilantro, thai basil, lime juice, sesame seeds, salt and pepper. Stir until everything is fully combined and heated through.
- Finally, slice the steak and add it to the noodles. Serve the Vietnamese Lemongrass Beef and Noodles while it’s still hot. Enjoy!
- Calories: 500 kcal
- Total Fat: 25 g
- Saturated Fat: 11 g
- Cholesterol: 70 mg
- Sodium: 1730 mg
- Carbohydrates: 44 g
- Fiber: 3 g
- Sugar: 8 g
- Protein: 29 g
What makes vietnamese lemongrass beef and noodles special?
Vietnamese Lemongrass Beef and Noodles is a delicious and healthy dish that is packed full of flavor! The key to the dish lies in its signature lemongrass and beef combination. The lemongrass adds the perfect balance of tangy and earthy flavors, while the beef gives the dish its heartiness. The noodles provide a comforting and filling base for the dish.
What are the key ingredients in this recipe?
If you’ve been looking for a delicious and unique dinner recipe, you’ll love Vietnamese Lemongrass Beef and Noodles! This dish contains all the flavors of traditional Vietnamese cuisine and is sure to become a favorite in your home. But what are the key ingredients in this recipe?
The base of this dish is a mix of fresh ingredients, such as lemongrass, garlic, fish sauce, and beef. Lemongrass is a must-have in Vietnamese cooking and it adds a lovely citrusy aroma and flavor. Garlic and fish sauce provide the savory component, while the beef gives the dish a satisfying texture.
Next, you’ll need to use rice noodles, which are a popular noodle in Southeast Asia. The rice noodles are cooked in boiling water for about 8 minutes, and then drained and set aside.
The noodles are then combined with the beef mixture, along with some fresh herbs like cilantro and mint. Finally, the dish is finished with a sprinkle of crushed peanuts, a squeeze of lime juice, and a drizzle of fish sauce.
This Vietnamese Lemongrass Beef and Noodles dish is sure to be a hit with your family and friends! With the perfect balance of flavors and textures, this dish is sure to become a favorite.
How do you prepare the lemongrass for this recipe?
Preparing lemongrass for this delicious Vietnamese Lemongrass Beef and Noodles recipe is a cinch! Here’s how you do it:
- Start by trimming the lemongrass. Discard the tough and dry outer leaves and cut off the top and bottom of the stalks.
- Peel off the tough outer layer of the lemongrass stalk and discard.
- Cut the lemongrass stalks into thin slices.
- For an extra burst of flavor, you can mince the lemongrass slices.
- Add the lemongrass slices (or minced lemongrass) to the recipe when the instructions call for it.
What are the health benefits of eating this dish?
Are you wondering what the health benefits of eating Vietnamese Lemongrass Beef and Noodles are? Look no further! Here are some of the health benefits you can get from this yummy dish:
- Rich in lean protein. This dish is full of lean protein, which makes it a healthy and filling option. Plus, the addition of lemongrass gives it a zesty flavor that you can’t resist.
- High in fiber. The noodles used in this dish are high in fiber, which is essential for a healthy digestive system. The fiber can also help you feel fuller for longer, making it a great choice for those looking to lose weight.
- Low in saturated fat. The beef used in this dish is low in saturated fat, making it a healthier choice than some other types of protein.
- Full of vitamins and minerals. The lemongrass and noodles are both packed with vitamins and minerals that are essential for your body.
- Gluten-free. This dish is gluten-free, making it a great option for those with gluten allergies or sensitivities.
What type of noodles should you use for this recipe?
When it comes to making the delicious Vietnamese Lemongrass Beef and Noodles, you should definitely use rice noodles. Not only are they a classic noodle choice for this dish, but they also absorb the flavors of the beef and lemongrass perfectly. Plus, rice noodles are gluten-free, so everyone can enjoy this meal!
For the best results, look for rice noodles labeled as “Vietnamese-style” or “Pho” noodles. These will be wider and longer noodles than your average rice noodles, and they make for a more traditional looking and tasting dish. You can find them in the Asian aisle of most grocery stores.
If you can’t find the Vietnamese-style or Pho noodles, you can also use udon noodles or pad Thai noodles. Udon noodles are a bit thicker than rice noodles, and they have a chewy texture that pairs perfectly with the flavors of the beef and lemongrass. Pad Thai noodles are also a great substitute, as they are thinner and have a slightly firm texture.
No matter what type of noodles you use, making Vietnamese Lemongrass Beef and Noodles is sure to be a crowd pleaser.
What other flavors pair well with vietnamese lemongrass beef and noodles?
When it comes to Vietnamese Lemongrass Beef and Noodles, you can’t go wrong with pairing it with some delicious flavors! There are lots of great options to choose from, such as garlic, ginger, and cilantro. These flavors will add a bit of zest to your meal and work perfectly with the beef and noodles.
For something a bit more exotic, consider adding some fish sauce, hoisin sauce, and chili paste. These ingredients will bring out the flavors of the lemongrass and create a truly unique dish. For an even more intense flavor, try adding some lime juice and fresh chili peppers. These will give your meal a nice kick of heat and really bring out the lemongrass flavor.
Finally, don’t forget about the herbs! Basil, mint, and Thai basil are all great options for adding a bit of freshness and flavor to your noodles and beef. If you want to make the dish even more special, try adding some fresh mint leaves or basil flowers. These herbs will give the dish a wonderful aroma and will really make it stand out.
No matter what flavors you choose to pair with your Vietnamese Lemongrass Beef and Noodles, you can be sure that it will be a delicious and unique dish.
What other dishes can you make with the leftovers of vietnamese lemongrass beef and noodles?
You can make a lot of delicious dishes with the leftovers of Vietnamese lemongrass beef and noodles. From salads to soups and stir-fries, there is plenty of tasty options to choose from.
If you want a simple and light meal, you can turn the leftovers into a refreshing salad. Start by slicing the beef into thin strips, then mix it with fresh greens, cucumbers, and herbs. Add a few cooked noodles and dress the salad with a zesty vinaigrette. It’s a great way to get your daily dose of veggies and protein in one go!
If you’re in the mood for something more comforting, why not make a soup? Start by sautéing some aromatics, like garlic and shallots, then add the cooked beef and noodles. Pour in some chicken or vegetable broth and let it come to a boil. You can add some extra veggies to the mix, like carrots or mushrooms. Once everything is cooked, garnish the soup with a sprinkle of freshly chopped scallions and serve with a dollop of chili oil. Yum!
You can also make a quick and easy stir-fry with the leftovers. Start by heating some oil in a pan and adding the cooked beef and noodles. Then, add your favorite veggies, like bell peppers, onions, and broccoli. Once the veggies are cooked, add a splash of soy sauce and a pinch of sugar and stir to combine. Serve the stir-fry with a bowl of steamed rice and you have a complete and delicious meal.
These are just a few of the dishes that you can make with the leftovers of Vietnamese lemongrass beef and noodles. With a little creativity and some simple ingredients, you can transform the leftovers into something new and exciting.