Delicious Eggnog Poke Cake – Easy Recipe For The Holiday Season
I’m so excited to share this delicious Eggnog Poke Cake with you! I recently tried this recipe for the first time, and it was a huge hit with my family. The soft and spongy cake is full of eggnog flavor, the frosting is rich and creamy, and it’s finished off with a sprinkle of cinnamon. Trust me, this cake is sure to be the star at any holiday gathering!
Eggnog Poke Cake Recipe
- 1 (15.25 oz) box yellow cake mix
- 3 large eggs
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup eggnog
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 (3.4 oz) box instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 (8 oz) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Ground nutmeg, for garnish (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Grease a 9×13-inch baking pan and set it aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together the cake mix, eggs, vegetable oil, and eggnog until the ingredients are well combined.
- Pour the batter into the prepared baking pan and sprinkle with the ground nutmeg.
- Bake for about 60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Allow the cake to cool completely.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the instant vanilla pudding mix and the remaining eggnog until fully incorporated.
- Spread the pudding over the cooled cake and top with the thawed whipped topping.
- Sprinkle with additional ground nutmeg for garnish, if desired.
- Refrigerate for at least 25 minutes before serving. Enjoy!
- Calories: 1,220
- Total Fat: 60 g
- Saturated Fat: 7 g
- Cholesterol: 120 mg
- Sodium: 1,150 mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 150 g
- Dietary Fiber: 2 g
- Sugars: 77 g
- Protein: 20 g
What is eggnog poke cake and why is it the perfect dessert for the holidays?
Are you looking for the perfect dessert to kick off the holiday season? Look no further than Eggnog Poke Cake! This delightful, creamy dessert is sure to get you and your family in the holiday spirit.
The basic recipe for Eggnog Poke Cake is simple – start with a classic yellow cake mix, bake and cool as usual. For the eggnog flavor, you’ll want to poke holes in the cooled cake and pour a mixture of eggnog and sweetened condensed milk over the top. This gives the cake a richness and creaminess that will have everyone coming back for more.
The best part about Eggnog Poke Cake is that it’s so easy to customize. You can top it with your favorite holiday sprinkles or candy canes, or you can even add a dash of nutmeg and cinnamon for an extra kick of flavor. Another great option is to add a layer of whipped cream or cream cheese frosting. No matter what you choose, it’s sure to be a hit!
Not only is Eggnog Poke Cake delicious, but it’s also a great way to get into the holiday spirit. The creamy eggnog flavor and festive decorations will have your family and friends feeling the holiday cheer. Plus, it’s so easy to make that you can enjoy it again and again throughout the season.
So, if you’re looking for the perfect dessert to kick off the holiday season, make sure you try Eggnog Poke Cake. It’s sure to be a hit with everyone and will get you into the holiday spirit in no time.
What are the main ingredients required to make eggnog poke cake?
For the perfect Eggnog Poke Cake, you’ll need a handful of ingredients! These include yellow cake mix, eggnog, butter, eggs, nutmeg, and cream cheese.
The cake mix will form the base of the cake. To get an extra bit of flavor, you can also add a teaspoon of nutmeg to the mix. Beat the cake mix according to the instructions on the box.
Next, you’ll need to mix together the eggnog, butter, and eggs. Whisk these ingredients together until they are creamy and well blended.
Once the cake mix is ready, pour it into a greased cake pan. Then, pour the eggnog mixture over the top of the cake mix. With a fork, poke holes throughout the cake. This is what gives the cake its name.
Finally, you’ll need to prepare the cream cheese. Mix together the cream cheese with a bit of sugar and a pinch of nutmeg. You can also add a few drops of vanilla extract for an extra bit of flavor.
Spread the cream cheese over the top of the cake and sprinkle a bit of nutmeg on top for decoration.
How does the eggnog and cake mix come together to form this delicious treat?
Yes, eggnog and cake mix combine to create this delicious treat! Here’s how it comes together:
- Start by making the cake mix according to the package instructions.
- Grease and flour a 9×13-inch baking pan and pour in the cake batter.
- Bake the cake according to the package instructions and let cool.
- Poke holes in the top of the cake with the handle of a wooden spoon.
- In a medium bowl, combine the eggnog, condensed milk, and whipped topping.
- Pour the eggnog mixture over the cake and spread it evenly.
- Refrigerate the cake for at least an hour.
- Once chilled, sprinkle with cinnamon and nutmeg if desired and serve.
This eggnog poke cake is a surefire way to get your family into the holiday spirit! It’s a wonderful dessert for any celebration and it’s super easy to make.
What tips can be used to make sure that eggnog poke cake is a success?
Start by making sure you have all the ingredients you need to make your eggnog poke cake. This includes eggnog, yellow cake mix, vanilla instant pudding, ground nutmeg, cream cheese, and whipped topping.
- Grease a 9×13 baking pan before adding the cake mix. This will help ensure the cake doesn’t stick to the pan when it’s done baking.
- Preheat your oven to the temperature indicated on the cake mix box.
- Prepare the cake mix according to the instructions on the box and pour into the baking pan.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Allow the cake to cool for 20 minutes before preparing the topping.
- In a large bowl, combine the vanilla pudding, nutmeg, and eggnog. Whisk together until the mixture is smooth.
- Poke holes in the cake with a fork.
- Pour the pudding mixture evenly over the top of the cake. Make sure the pudding gets into all of the holes.
- Refrigerate the cake for 1-2 hours.
- In a separate bowl, combine the cream cheese and whipped topping. Spread this over the top of the cake.
- Sprinkle with ground nutmeg before serving.
What types of toppings can be added to give eggnog poke cake an extra special touch?
You can give your eggnog poke cake an extra special touch with a variety of tasty toppings! For example, you could sprinkle chopped nuts or coconut flakes over the top for a crunchy texture. You could drizzle caramel or chocolate sauce onto the cake for a decadent and indulgent flavor. You could also top it off with a dollop of whipped cream and a sprinkle of cinnamon or nutmeg for a festive flair. There are even more delicious options like adding cranberries, marshmallows, or cookie pieces! Whatever topping you choose, you’re sure to make your eggnog poke cake the star of the dessert table.
How can eggnog poke cake be served to make it the star of the holiday dinner?
You can make your eggnog poke cake the star of the holiday dinner by creating a festive and creative presentation. Start with a beautiful cake plate and surround the cake with holly or snowflake-shaped sugar cookies, or garnish the cake with a border of meringue cookies and peppermint sticks. For a further touch of festive cheer, you could even adorn the plate with a sprig of mistletoe or a little tree!
Before serving, you can make the presentation even more eye-catching by topping the eggnog poke cake with freshly-whipped cream and a sprinkle of ground nutmeg. For a final touch, you could also add a few slices of star fruit or persimmons for a seasonal pop of color.
When it’s time to serve the eggnog poke cake, you can cut it into neat slices and serve each piece with a dollop of freshly-whipped cream and a few slices of star fruit or persimmons.
What variations can be made to eggnog poke cake to make it unique?
You can make your eggnog poke cake unique by adding a variety of flavors and decorations! Experiment with different cake mixes, frostings, fillings, and topping options to create the perfect eggnog poke cake. Here are a few ideas to get you started:
- For a chocolate-y twist, add a layer of chocolate cake mix to the bottom of the pan before pouring in the eggnog mixture. You can also top the cake with a chocolate-flavored frosting.
- Create an eggnog-flavored poke cake by using a white or yellow cake mix and adding a few tablespoons of eggnog extract to the mix. To really bring out the eggnog flavor, top it off with an eggnog-flavored frosting.
- For a festive look, decorate the cake with edible holly leaves or red and green sprinkles. Or top it with a dollop of whipped cream and a sprinkle of nutmeg.
- If you want to add a little crunch, fold in crushed peppermint candy canes or chopped nuts into the cake batter before baking.