Fran’s Greek Butter Cookies are a simple, yet delicious cookie. They are perfect for any occasion and will definitely be a hit with your guests!
- 2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 4 tablespoons confectioners’ sugar
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup confectioners’ sugar for decoration (optional)
- 30 whole cloves
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit (175 degrees Celsius).
2. In a bowl, cream together butter and sugar until smooth. Blend in flour. Stir in walnuts, water, and vanilla extract; mix well.
3. Shape dough into small balls, about 1 inch in diameter. Press each ball down slightly, then press a whole clove into the center of each cookie.
4. Place cookies on an ungreased baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes at 350 degrees Fahrenheit (175 degrees Celsius). While still warm, roll cookies in confectioners’ sugar; if desired, repeat when cooled completely.
- Serving size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 140
- Total fat: 10 g
- Saturated fat: 4.5 g
- Cholesterol: 20 mg
- Total carbohydrate: 13 g
- Protein: 2 g