I have always been a fan of cheesecake, but it wasn’t until I tried my first cherry cheesecake that I truly fell in love. The combination of the creamy, tangy cheesecake with the sweet and tart cherries was heavenly. Every time I make this recipe, I’m reminded of the first time I tasted it. It’s the perfect indulgence for special occasions or just for a sweet treat any day of the week. I hope you enjoy this cherry cheesecake recipe as much as I do!
Cherry Cheesecake Recipe
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (21 ounce) can cherry pie filling
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a medium bowl, mix together the graham cracker crumbs and melted butter. Press the mixture into the bottom of a 9 inch springform pan.
- In a large bowl, beat together the cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Add the eggs and vanilla extract and mix until well combined. Pour the mixture on top of the graham cracker crust.
- Bake the cheesecake in the preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes, or until the center is almost set.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 15 to 20 minutes. Spread the cherry pie filling over the top of the cheesecake.
- Enjoy your delicious cherry cheesecake! It’s sure to be a hit!
- Calories: 398 kcal
- Carbohydrates: 34.1 g
- Protein: 4.9 g
- Fat: 25.3 g
- Saturated Fat: 13.3 g
- Cholesterol: 93 mg
- Sodium: 302 mg
- Potassium: 111 mg
- Fiber: 0.6 g
- Sugar: 21.1 g
What is cherry cheesecake, and why is it so delicious?
Cherry cheesecake is an irresistible combination of two classic desserts – creamy, tangy cheesecake and tart-sweet cherries! It’s no wonder why this dessert is so popular – after all, what’s not to love about a sweet, creamy cake topped with juicy, tart cherries?
The combination of creamy cheesecake and tart-sweet cherries creates a flavor balance that is simply irresistible. The sweet and tangy flavor of the cherries is a perfect complement to the rich and creamy cheesecake. It’s like a party in your mouth!
Cherry cheesecakes are also incredibly versatile. You can serve them at any time of year, and they can be dressed up or down depending on the occasion. For a casual gathering, you can enjoy a slice of simple cherry cheesecake. For a more formal event, you can dress up your cherry cheesecake with a variety of toppings such as a dollop of whipped cream and a sprinkle of chopped nuts.
Cherry cheesecakes also have a wonderful texture. The creamy cheesecake pairs perfectly with the texture of the cherries, making for a delightful experience with every bite. The crumbly crust also adds a nice crunch to the dessert, which makes it even more enjoyable.
So why is cherry cheesecake so delicious? The answer is simple – it’s a combination of two classic desserts, the creamy and tangy cheesecake, and the tart-sweet cherries. It creates a flavor balance that is simply irresistible, and its texture is delightful. In short, cherry cheesecake is an excellent dessert that is sure to please any crowd.
What are the key ingredients in a classic cherry cheesecake?
If you’re a fan of classic cherry cheesecake, you’re in for a treat! The key ingredients for this delicious dessert are cream cheese, sugar, eggs, vanilla extract, graham cracker crumbs, melted butter, and of course, cherries!
To make the perfect cherry cheesecake, start by preheating your oven to 350 degrees. Then, combine the graham cracker crumbs, melted butter, and a pinch of sugar in a bowl until it forms a thick paste. Press this mixture into the bottom and sides of a 9-inch springform pan and bake for 10 minutes.
In a large bowl, mix together the cream cheese and remaining sugar until smooth. Add the eggs, one at a time, and stir in the vanilla extract. Pour the cream cheese mixture into the springform pan and bake for 45 minutes.
When the cheesecake is finished baking, let it cool slightly before topping with fresh cherries. For an extra sweet treat, you can also drizzle melted chocolate over the top.
What are the different variations of cherry cheesecake?
Cherry cheesecake is one of the most delicious desserts out there, and there are so many different variations to choose from! Whether you like your cheesecake with a crust, no crust, or even a gluten-free crust, you’re sure to find a cherry cheesecake to love. Here are some of the most popular variations of cherry cheesecake:
- Traditional Cherry Cheesecake: The classic way to enjoy cherry cheesecake is with a buttery graham cracker crust and a creamy filling with fresh cherries folded in. Top it off with some cherry sauce or whipped cream, and you’ll have a delicious treat.
- No-Crust Cherry Cheesecake: If you’re looking for a lighter option, try this no-crust cherry cheesecake. It’s just as creamy and delicious as the original, but without the extra calories from the crust. The perfect dessert for health-conscious cherry cheesecake lovers!
- Gluten-Free Cherry Cheesecake: If you’re gluten-free, or simply want to try something a bit different, this gluten-free cherry cheesecake is a great option. It’s made with an almond flour crust and a creamy filling with fresh cherries, and it’s just as delicious as the original.
- Chocolate Cherry Cheesecake: For a decadent twist on traditional cherry cheesecake, try this chocolate cherry cheesecake. It’s made with a chocolate cookie crust, a creamy chocolate filling, and fresh cherries folded in.
- No Bake Cherry Cheesecake: For a super easy and delicious dessert, try this no-bake cherry cheesecake. It’s made with an Oreo crust, a creamy filling, and fresh cherries folded in. No oven needed!
There you have it – five delicious variations of cherry cheesecake! Whether you’re looking for a classic treat, a lighter option, or something a bit more indulgent, there’s something for everyone.
How can you make a cherry cheesecake at home?
Making a cherry cheesecake at home is easier than you think! With a few simple ingredients, some kitchen equipment, and a bit of patience, you’ll soon be enjoying a delicious homemade cherry cheesecake. Here’s how to make it:
First, preheat your oven to 350°F. In a large bowl, mix together an 8-ounce package of softened cream cheese, a cup of sugar, 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract, and 2 eggs. Beat this mixture until it’s light and fluffy.
Next, make the crust. Crumble 2 cups of graham cracker crumbs into a medium bowl. Then, stir in 5 tablespoons of melted butter until it’s evenly mixed. Use your hands to press the crumb mixture into the bottom of a 9-inch springform pan. Bake the crust for 10 minutes, then let it cool.
Once the crust is cooled, pour the cream cheese mixture over it. Spread cherry pie filling over the top and carefully spread it out. Bake the cheesecake for 30-35 minutes, or until it’s firm and golden. Let it cool, then refrigerate for at least four hours before serving.
What are some interesting topping suggestions for cherry cheesecake?
When it comes to cherry cheesecake, the topping possibilities are endless! From crumbled graham crackers to chopped nuts, you can really get creative with your topping choices. Here are some particularly interesting topping suggestions that are sure to make your cherry cheesecake stand out:
- Chocolate chips: Sprinkle some semi-sweet chocolate chips on top of your cheesecake and finish with a drizzle of melted chocolate for an extra-indulgent treat.
- Sliced almonds: Toasted sliced almonds will provide a crunchy texture contrast to the creamy cheesecake, and the nutty flavor pairs perfectly with cherries.
- Fresh cherries: A handful of fresh cherries on top of your cheesecake will give it a beautiful and vibrant look, while adding a sweet and tart flavor.
- Crushed Oreos: If you want to add some extra sweetness, crushed Oreos are a great topping choice.
- Whipped cream: For a light and airy topping, try topping your cherry cheesecake with freshly whipped cream.
What are some creative ways to present and serve cherry cheesecake?
There are tons of creative ways to present and serve cherry cheesecake! Whether you’re throwing a get-together, planning a big event, or just looking for a tasty treat, these ideas will have your guests’ mouths watering. Here are some of our favorite ways to dish out this classic dessert.
- Mini cherry cheesecakes are a great way to satisfy a crowd. You can bake them in a cupcake tin, layer them with graham cracker crumbs, and top them off with a dollop of fresh whipped cream and a single cherry.
- For a decorative twist, make cherry cheesecake bars and cut them into diamonds or other shapes. You can also get creative with the toppings. Try sprinkling chopped nuts or chocolate chips for a crunchy finish.
- Present the cheesecake in a jar for a fun take on the traditional slice. The individual servings make it easy to transport and serve. These are also great for gifting.
- For a lighter alternative, try making a cherry cheesecake mousse. This creamy and fluffy dessert is a breeze to make and can be served in small glasses or bowls.
- To really wow your guests, create an impressive cherry cheesecake tower. Layer the cheesecake with graham crackers, chocolate cookies, or other ingredients, and frost with whipped cream. Top off the tower with a large cherry and you’ll have a stunning centerpiece.
No matter how you choose to serve it, cherry cheesecake is sure to be a hit! So take some time to get creative and have fun with this delicious dessert.
How can you incorporate cherry cheesecake into a special occasion?
For a truly special occasion, why not create a delicious homemade cherry cheesecake? Incorporating cherry cheesecake into any special occasion is a sure-fire way to make it memorable and delicious.
There are several ways to incorporate cherry cheesecake into a special occasion. The easiest way is to create a traditional cheesecake and top it with delicious cherries. You can top the cake with fresh cherries, cherry sauce, or a combination of both. Alternatively, you can go for a more creative approach and add in some crushed graham crackers, chocolate chips, and other ingredients to the cake batter before baking.
If you’re looking for a truly unique dessert to serve at your special occasion, you can also break away from traditional cheesecake and create a cherry cheesecake trifle. Simply layer crushed graham crackers, vanilla pudding, fresh cherries, and cherry sauce in a trifle bowl and top with whipped cream. This delicious and beautiful treat is sure to be a big hit at any special occasion.
No matter how you choose to incorporate cherry cheesecake into your special occasion, you can be sure that it will be a memorable and delicious treat. With a little bit of creativity and lots of delicious cherries, you can make any special occasion even more special.