I still remember the first time I tried my mom’s Grilled Teriyaki Pork Chops. The sweet and savory flavor of the marinade complemented the juicy pork chops perfectly. From the first bite, I knew this was a recipe I would make time and time again.
Grilled Teriyaki Pork Chops Recipe
- 4 (1/2 inch thick) bone-in pork loin chops
- ¼ cup coconut aminos (soy-free seasoning sauce)
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 1 ½ teaspoons rice vinegar
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 pinch salt to taste
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds (Optional)
- Preheat your grill to medium-high heat.
- In a small bowl, combine the coconut aminos, fish sauce, orange juice, rice vinegar, garlic powder, ground ginger, sesame oil, and salt. Stir until all ingredients are well combined.
- Brush each pork chop with the teriyaki marinade.
- Place the pork chops on the preheated grill and cook for 5-7 minutes per side, or until the pork chops are cooked through and the internal temperature reaches 145 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Once cooked through, remove the pork chops from the grill and sprinkle with sesame seeds, if desired.
- Serve the grilled teriyaki pork chops immediately. Enjoy!
- Serving Size: 1 pork chop
- Calories: 220
- Total Fat: 9g
- Saturated Fat: 2.5g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Cholesterol: 70mg
- Sodium: 500mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 6g
- Dietary Fiber: 0g
- Sugars: 2g
- Protein: 24g
Different ways to grill teriyaki pork chops
Grilled teriyaki pork chops are a flavorful, savory dish that can be prepared in a variety of ways. Whether you are grilling on an outdoor grill or using an indoor grilling pan, there are several methods to prepare delicious teriyaki pork chops.
The most common way to grill teriyaki pork chops is marinating the pork chops first. To marinate the pork chops, mix together a teriyaki marinade containing soy sauce, garlic, ginger, and other aromatic ingredients. Place the pork chops in the marinade and let them sit for at least an hour, or overnight if possible. When ready to grill, remove the pork chops from the marinade and place them on the preheated grill. Grill the pork chops for 4-6 minutes, flipping once, until the internal temperature of the pork chops reaches 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
Another way to grill teriyaki pork chops is to brush the pork chops with a teriyaki sauce while they are grilling. Start by preheating the grill to medium-high heat. Place the pork chops on the preheated grill and cook for 4-6 minutes, flipping once. Brush the pork chops with a teriyaki sauce and continue to grill for a few more minutes until the internal temperature of the pork chops reaches 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
Finally, you can also grill teriyaki pork chops without marinating them or brushing them with a teriyaki sauce. Simply preheat the grill to medium-high heat and place the pork chops on the preheated grill. Grill the pork chops for 4-6 minutes, flipping once, until the internal temperature of the pork chops reaches 165 degrees Fahrenheit. The pork chops will have a slightly less intense teriyaki flavor, but still be delicious.
No matter how you grill teriyaki pork chops, they are sure to be a hit. With a few simple ingredients and a few minutes of prep time, you can enjoy a delicious, savory dish with a distinct teriyaki flavor.
Benefits of grilling teriyaki pork chops
Grilling Teriyaki Pork Chops is a great way to enjoy a delicious and healthy meal. There are several benefits to grilling Teriyaki Pork Chops, including:
- Flavor: Teriyaki marinades provide a sweet and savory flavor, making these pork chops particularly delicious.
- Versatility: Teriyaki Pork Chops can be grilled, pan-fried, or even oven-roasted for added convenience.
- Health: Pork is a lean meat, so grilling Teriyaki Pork Chops is a great way to enjoy a healthy meal. The marinade further boosts the nutrition of the dish.
- Cost-Effective: Teriyaki Pork Chops are an inexpensive cut of pork that can be made into a delicious meal with minimal effort.
- Easy to Prepare: Grilling Teriyaki Pork Chops is a simple and straightforward process, requiring only a few minutes of preparation time.
Grilling Teriyaki Pork Chops is an excellent way to enjoy a flavorful and healthy meal. With its versatile preparation options and cost-effectiveness, Teriyaki Pork Chops are a great choice for any occasion.
Tips for preparing teriyaki marinade for pork chops
Start by combining soy sauce, brown sugar, garlic, ginger, and sesame oil in a bowl.
- Mix the ingredients until the sugar is dissolved.
- Place the pork chops in a shallow dish or resealable bag.
- Pour the marinade over the pork chops, making sure to coat all sides evenly.
- Cover the dish or seal the bag and place in the refrigerator for at least 8 hours, or overnight.
- When you’re ready to cook, remove the pork chops from the marinade and discard the marinade.
- Preheat the grill to medium-high heat.
- Grill the pork chops for 5-8 minutes per side, depending on their thickness, or until they reach an internal temperature of 145°F.
- Serve the pork chops with additional teriyaki sauce, if desired.
Health benefits of eating teriyaki pork chops
Eating teriyaki pork chops provides several health benefits, including:
- Protein: Each 3-ounce portion of pork chop contains nearly 20 grams of protein, making it an excellent source of lean protein to help build and maintain muscle.
- Vitamin B12: Pork chops are a good source of vitamin B12, which helps keep your brain and nervous system functioning properly.
- Iron: Pork chops are also a good source of iron, which helps to carry oxygen to your red blood cells.
- Selenium: Pork chops contain selenium, an essential mineral that helps the body produce antioxidants to protect cells from damage.
- Niacin: Pork chops are an excellent source of niacin, a B vitamin which helps the body to turn food into energy.
- Zinc: Pork chops are a good source of zinc, a mineral essential for healthy skin, hair, nails, and hormones.
- Magnesium: Pork chops are a good source of magnesium, which helps to regulate blood sugar and blood pressure.
In addition to its excellent nutrition profile, teriyaki pork chops provide a delicious and easy-to-prepare meal. With the right ingredients, you can make a delicious teriyaki pork chop that is both healthy and satisfying.
Pairings to compliment grilled teriyaki pork chops
When it comes to selecting the right pairings to compliment grilled teriyaki pork chops, there are many options to choose from. Whether you’re looking for something light and refreshing, or something more hearty and filling, there is a side dish to perfectly accompany your grilled teriyaki pork chops.
For a light and refreshing option, a fresh green salad with a variety of vegetables is an ideal accompaniment. The crispness and crunch of the vegetables will bring a nice contrast to the smokiness and sweetness of the grilled teriyaki pork chops. To top off the salad, drizzle with a light vinaigrette dressing, such as a honey-ginger or honey-mustard.
For a more hearty and filling option, roasted potatoes are a great choice. Choose any type of potato, such as red, yellow, or russet potatoes, and cut them into cubes. Toss with a light coating of olive oil and season with salt, pepper, and any other desired spices. Roast in the oven until tender and golden brown, then serve alongside the grilled teriyaki pork chops.
Other options to pair with grilled teriyaki pork chops include a variety of steamed or stir-fried vegetables, such as broccoli, carrots, bell peppers, or snap peas. The vegetables can be cooked with a simple sauce of soy sauce and garlic for extra flavor. For a more Asian-inspired side dish, try serving sticky rice or egg noodles with the pork.
No matter what side dish you choose, grilled teriyaki pork chops are sure to be a hit at your next meal. With the right pairings, you can create a meal that is both delicious and balanced.