Delicious Bumbleberry Crumble Recipe
I’m so excited to share my favorite recipe with you! I’ve been making Bumbleberry Crumble for years, and it’s always a hit with my family and friends. Every time I make it, I’m always amazed at how much flavor you can get out of just a few simple ingredients. I know you’ll love it as much as I do!
Bumbleberry Crumble Recipe
- 4 cups fresh bumbleberries
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat your oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, mix together 4 cups of fresh bumbleberries, 1/2 cup of white sugar, 1/4 cup of all-purpose flour, 1/2 teaspoon of ground cinnamon, 1/4 teaspoon of ground nutmeg, 1/4 teaspoon of ground allspice, and 1/4 teaspoon of ground ginger.
- Grease a 9-inch baking dish with 4 tablespoons of butter.
- In a separate bowl, mix together 1/2 cup of old-fashioned rolled oats and 1/4 cup of chopped pecans.
- Pour the bumbleberry mixture into the greased baking dish, and then sprinkle the oat-pecan mixture on top.
- Place the baking dish in the preheated oven, and bake for 35 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from the oven, and let cool for 10 minutes before serving.
- Enjoy your delicious Bumbleberry Crumble!
- Calories: 288 kcal
- Carbohydrates: 38.3 g
- Protein: 3.3 g
- Fat: 14.5 g
- Saturated Fat: 5.2 g
- Cholesterol: 20.1 mg
- Sodium: 15.4 mg
- Fiber: 4.1 g
- Sugar: 21.8 g
What is bumbleberry crumble?
Bumbleberry crumble is a delicious dessert that combines sweet and tart flavors. It’s made of a crumble topping with a mixture of berries, usually blackberries, raspberries, blueberries, and other seasonal fruits. The crumble topping is a combination of flour, sugar, butter, and salt, which is baked until it forms a golden crust. The result is a crunchy, buttery topping that complements the sweet and tart filling.
This tasty dessert has been around for centuries and is popular in many countries. It’s often served with ice cream, cream, or custard, which adds a creamy sweetness that balances out the tartness of the berries. It can also be served with a variety of sauces, such as caramel or chocolate.
Bumbleberry crumble is a great way to enjoy a variety of fruits in one delicious dessert. Whether you make it yourself or buy it pre-made, it’s sure to be a hit with everyone.
How do you assemble this delicious treat?
Assembling a Bumbleberry Crumble is simple and oh so delicious! Here’s how you can make it:
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, mix together 1/4 cup of granulated sugar, 2 teaspoons of ground cinnamon, and 1/4 teaspoon of ground nutmeg.
- In a separate bowl, mix together 1/2 cup of all-purpose flour and 1/2 cup of quick-cooking oats.
- Cut 1/2 cup of cold butter into small pieces and add it to the flour and oats mixture. Use a pastry blender or a fork to combine until the mixture forms coarse crumbs.
- Peel and dice 3 firm apples and 3 firm pears. Add to the sugar mixture and mix well.
- In a greased 8×8 inch baking dish, spread the fruit mixture.
- Sprinkle the crumb mixture evenly over the fruit.
- Bake in preheated oven until the topping is golden brown, about 45 minutes.
- Serve warm with a scoop of ice cream or a dollop of whipped cream.
What are the key tips to ensure bumbleberry crumble turns out perfectly?
If you want your bumbleberry crumble to turn out perfectly, here are some key tips to get you started:
- Start with fresh, ripe fruit. This is essential to bring out the best flavours in your crumble. Make sure to choose a combination of tart and sweet fruits, such as apples and blackberries.
- Use the right crumble topping. The classic bumbleberry crumble topping is made of flour, butter, sugar, and spices. Make sure to use cold butter and mix it with the dry ingredients until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Don’t overmix the crumble topping. If you overmix it, it will become too dense and heavy.
- Bake the crumble at a moderate temperature. Baking it at too high a temperature can make the crumble dry out too quickly.
- Let the crumble cool completely before serving. This will help the topping to set and become crisp.
What makes this dessert so special and unique?
You’re probably wondering what makes Bumbleberry Crumble so special and unique? Well, it’s the delicious combination of flavors! This classic crumble is made with a delicious mix of berries – blueberries, raspberries, blackberries and strawberries. The sweet, tart and juicy flavors of the berries perfectly complement each other. Plus, the crumble topping is made with a special blend of oats and spices for a unique texture and flavor. It’s truly a dessert like no other.
Not only is Bumbleberry Crumble delicious, but it’s also incredibly easy to make. With just a few simple ingredients, you can have a delicious and unique dessert in no time. Plus, it’s perfect for all occasions – from a casual family dinner to a special occasion. No matter the occasion, you’re sure to wow your guests with this one-of-a-kind dessert.
So, what makes Bumbleberry Crumble so special and unique? It’s the combination of flavors, the ease of preparation, and the fact that it’s perfect for any occasion. If you’re looking for a dessert that’s truly unique and delicious, look no further than Bumbleberry Crumble.
What kind of ingredients are needed to make bumbleberry crumble?
Making a bumbleberry crumble is both delicious and easy! All you need is a few simple ingredients to get started. You’ll need some flour, sugar, butter, and of course some fresh bumbleberries.
For the flour, you’ll need all-purpose or self-rising will work. For the sugar, white or brown works best. When it comes to the butter, you’ll want to use unsalted so that you can control the level of salt in the crumble.
For the bumbleberries, you can use fresh or frozen. Either will work and both will taste great! If you’re using frozen, make sure to thaw them out before adding them to the crumble.
Once you have all your ingredients ready, it’s time to start making the crumble. Preheat the oven to 350°F and start prepping your ingredients. Mix the flour, sugar, and butter together until it forms a crumbly mixture. Spread this mixture over the top of the bumbleberries.
Bake the crumble for 30 minutes or until the top is golden brown. Let it cool for 10 minutes before serving warm with a scoop of ice cream.
What are some creative ways to serve bumbleberry crumble?
If you’re looking for creative ways to serve bumbleberry crumble, you’ve come to the right place! There are plenty of exciting and delicious ways to enjoy this scrumptious dessert. Here are just a few ideas to get you started:
- Serve it in a bowl with creamy, cold ice cream. Pile the crumble on top and enjoy the sweet and crunchy taste of bumbleberry crumble combined with the smooth, creamy texture of ice cream.
- Use it as a topping for pancakes or waffles. The tartness of the berries will pair nicely with the sweetness of the pancakes or waffles. It’s a great way to start the day!
- Create a bumbleberry crumble parfait. Layer crumbled bumbleberry crumble with yogurt and top it with fresh berries and a sprinkle of granola. Enjoy the sweet, tangy flavors in every bite.
- Enjoy it as a part of breakfast. Try adding bumbleberry crumble to oatmeal or yogurt for a unique and flavorful breakfast.
- Make bumbleberry crumble bars. Bake the crumble in a pan, cut it into bars and enjoy a portable, delicious snack.
No matter how you serve it, bumbleberry crumble is sure to be a hit. So get creative and start experimenting to find your favorite way to enjoy this delicious dessert.