I love shrimp and noodles! It’s a dish that I’ve been making for years and it never fails to impress. This recipe is simple to make and bursting with flavor. The combination of succulent shrimp and soft noodles is heavenly, and it’s a dish that the whole family will love. So, let’s get cooking!
Shrimp and Noodles Recipe
- 3 cups cooked noodles of your choice
- 1 pound of shrimp (peeled and deveined)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Shrimp and Noodles
- Let’s get started!
- Gather all the ingredients: 3 cups cooked noodles of your choice, 1 pound of shrimp (peeled and deveined), 2 tablespoons olive oil, 2 cloves garlic (minced), 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes, 2 tablespoons butter, 2 tablespoons chopped parsley, 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese, salt, and freshly ground black pepper.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the garlic and red pepper flakes, and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the shrimp and cook for 2-3 minutes, until cooked through.
- Add the cooked noodles, butter, parsley, Parmesan cheese, and salt and pepper to taste. Stir everything together.
- Cook for an additional 7-10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the noodles are hot and the shrimp is cooked through.
- Serve the shrimp and noodles in individual bowls, and enjoy!
- You just created a delicious shrimp and noodles dish in just 30 minutes. Enjoy!
- Calories: 441
- Fat: 19.3g
- Carbohydrates: 43.3g
- Protein: 24.6g
- Sodium: 441mg
- Cholesterol: 195mg
- Fiber: 2.1g
What’s so great about shrimp and noodles?
What’s so great about shrimp and noodles? Oh so much! When combined, these two ingredients create a meal that is full of flavor and texture. The freshness of the shrimp pairs perfectly with the chewiness of the noodles. Plus, the dish is incredibly versatile, allowing you to experiment with different flavor combinations. But why is shrimp and noodles such a popular combination?
For starters, shrimp and noodles are easy to prepare. The two ingredients can be cooked together in one pot, saving you time in the kitchen. Plus, the dish is relatively inexpensive to make, making it a great option for those on a budget.
Shrimp and noodles can also be customized to suit your taste. If you’re looking for a spicy kick, adding some chili sauce or Sriracha can take the dish to the next level. You can also add vegetables like mushrooms or peppers for a nutritious and filling meal. Plus, the noodles can be swapped out for different types, such as udon or rice noodles, depending on your preference.
Last but not least, shrimp and noodles are incredibly nutritious. Shrimp is a great source of lean protein and essential vitamins and minerals like calcium, phosphorus and magnesium. Meanwhile, noodles provide complex carbohydrates, which can help keep you feeling full for longer.
When it comes to flavor, ease of preparation and nutrition, it’s no wonder why shrimp and noodles are such a popular combination.
What are the health benefits of eating shrimp and noodles?
You’ll be happy to know that shrimp and noodles are really good for you! Eating this delicious combination can help provide you with a range of health benefits. Here are just a few of the ways you benefit from enjoying shrimp and noodles:
- Shrimp and noodles are packed with essential vitamins and minerals. They contain healthy levels of protein, zinc, iron, magnesium, and phosphorus, as well as vitamins A, B, and E.
- Eating shrimp and noodles can help boost your immune system. The vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants found in this meal help to protect your body against viruses and bacteria.
- Shrimp and noodles are a great source of healthy fats. These good fats help to keep your heart healthy and can reduce your risk of developing certain diseases.
- Eating shrimp and noodles can help to improve your digestive health. The combination contains dietary fiber, which helps to keep your bowels regular.
- Shrimp and noodles are a low-calorie meal, making them a great option for those looking to lose or maintain weight.
- The meal is also high in omega-3 fatty acids, which have been shown to have a positive effect on mood and mental health.
Eating shrimp and noodles is a delicious and nutritious way to get the vitamins and minerals you need for a healthy body.
How can you spice up this classic combination?
You can add some zing to this classic combination of shrimp and noodles with a few clever twists. Try adding some zesty seasonings to your shrimp before tossing it into the pan. A good combination of garlic, chili powder, and paprika can give it a nice kick. You can also give the noodles a flavor boost by adding some fresh herbs. Basil and oregano work great, or you can opt for a more traditional flavor with some parsley and thyme. Adding a squeeze of lemon juice to your dish can liven it up, and if you’re feeling adventurous, you can top it with a bit of freshly grated cheese.
What other shrimp and noodle dishes exist around the world?
Believe it or not, there are plenty of different shrimp and noodle dishes around the world! From China to India to Italy, you can find a variety of delicious dishes that combine these two ingredients. Let’s take a tour of some of the different shrimp and noodle dishes you can find around the globe.
One of the most popular dishes is Chow Mein, a Chinese dish that consists of stir-fried noodles, shrimp, and vegetables. The shrimp and noodles are cooked in a savory sauce and served with crunchy bean sprouts on top. You can find this dish in most Chinese restaurants.
For a lighter option, try Pad Thai, a Thai dish that features stir-fried rice noodles, shrimp, and vegetables. The noodles are tossed in a sweet and sour sauce and topped with crushed peanuts. This dish is often served with a side of fresh vegetables.
If you’re in the mood for something spicy, try Indian Prawn Biryani. This dish features basmati rice, shrimp, and spices cooked together in a flavorful broth. The shrimp are cooked until tender and the spices give the dish a unique flavor.
If you’re looking for something a bit more Italian, try Spaghetti alla Vongole. This dish features spaghetti noodles tossed with garlic, olive oil, and clams or shrimp. The clams or shrimp are cooked until they’re just done and the entire dish is finished with a sprinkle of parsley.
Finally, if you’re looking for something a bit more exotic, try Vietnamese Bún Riêu. This dish features vermicelli noodles, shrimp, and tomatoes cooked in a flavorful broth. The broth is often spiced with fish sauce and topped with fresh herbs.
As you can see, there are plenty of delicious shrimp and noodle dishes to explore around the world.
What ingredients pair best with shrimp and noodles?
When it comes to shrimp and noodles, the possibilities are endless! Whether you’re in the mood for a creamy pasta dish, or a flavorful stir-fry, there are plenty of ingredients that pair perfectly with these two delicious staples. Let’s explore which ingredients work best with shrimp and noodles.
For starters, vegetables are a great way to add flavor and texture to a dish. Try sautéing diced bell peppers, onions, and carrots to create a savory base for your noodles. You can also add in some mushrooms, snow peas, and zucchini to add even more flavor and texture. A little bit of butter or garlic will also help bring out the flavor of the vegetables.
For a flavorful sauce to pair with your shrimp and noodles, you can’t go wrong with a simple teriyaki or soy sauce. For a more complex flavor, try adding some sesame oil, chili paste, or fish sauce for a delicious kick. You can also mix some honey and lime juice for a sweet and tangy sauce.
If you’re looking for something a little heartier, you can also add some protein to your dish. Ground beef, pork, or chicken are all great options. Simply cook the meat until it’s browned and add it to your noodles and shrimp. For an even bigger flavor boost, you can also add in some crumbled bacon or diced ham.
Whatever ingredients you choose, shrimp and noodles are the perfect dish to experiment with.