If you’re looking for an easy and delicious way to start your day, then these Strawberry-Filled Cinnamon Rolls are the perfect choice! I can’t even begin to describe how delicious these rolls are – the combination of sweet strawberries and cinnamon flavors is so heavenly. Plus, there’s something so comforting about the smell of freshly baked cinnamon rolls in the morning. I’m always excited to make these for breakfast and share them with my family and friends. It’s always a hit! So, let’s get baking!
Strawberry-Filled Cinnamon Rolls Recipe
- 3 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 2 tablespoons white granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup warm water
- 1 cup whole milk, room temperature
- 1/4 cup (4 tablespoons) butter, melted
- 4-4 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup strawberry jam
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup white granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup (4 tablespoons) butter, melted
- Let’s get started! First, take 3 teaspoons of active dry yeast and 2 tablespoons of white granulated sugar, and mix them together in a bowl.
- Pour in 1/4 cup of warm water and stir it until everything is combined. Let this mixture sit for about 10 minutes.
- Now, take 1 cup of whole milk and microwave it for about 20-30 seconds until it’s nice and warm. Then pour it into the yeast mixture.
- Next, add 1/4 cup (4 tablespoons) of melted butter and stir it in.
- Now, we’ll add the dry ingredients. Throw in 4-4 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour, 3/4 teaspoon of salt, and 2 large eggs. Use a stand mixer or a wooden spoon to mix everything together.
- Knead the dough for about 8-10 minutes, until it’s nice and smooth. Then, cover the dough with a kitchen towel and let it rest for about an hour in a warm place.
- After an hour, it’s time to shape the cinnamon rolls! Roll out the dough on a lightly floured surface until it’s about a half inch thick.
- Spread 1/2 cup of strawberry jam over the dough. Then, in a separate bowl, mix together 1/4 cup of brown sugar, 1/4 cup of white granulated sugar, and 1 tablespoon of ground cinnamon.
- Sprinkle the sugar-cinnamon mixture over the jam-covered dough.
- Roll up the dough into a log and cut it into 12 even pieces. Place the cinnamon rolls in a lightly greased baking pan.
- Now, it’s time to bake the cinnamon rolls! Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Melt 1/4 cup (4 tablespoons) of butter and pour it over the cinnamon rolls.
- Bake the cinnamon rolls for 20-25 minutes until they’re golden brown.
- Finally, let the cinnamon rolls cool for about 20 minutes before serving. Enjoy!
- Calories: 600
- Fat: 24g
- Carbohydrates: 82g
- Protein: 13g
- Cholesterol: 95mg
- Sodium: 520mg
- Sugar: 26g
What is the best part about strawberry-filled cinnamon rolls?
The best part about strawberry-filled cinnamon rolls is their sweet, flavorful filling. The combination of tart, juicy strawberries and spicy cinnamon makes for a delicious treat that’s sure to satisfy any sweet tooth. Plus, the soft, fluffy dough surrounding the filling provides a perfect contrast to the sweet and spicy center.
How can you make a delicious and fluffy cinnamon roll dough?
Making a delicious and fluffy cinnamon roll dough is easy and fun! All you need is a few simple ingredients and a little bit of patience. The best part is that you can make the dough ahead of time and store it in the refrigerator until you’re ready to use it. Here’s what you need to do:
First, combine 2 cups of all-purpose flour, 2 teaspoons of baking powder, 1 teaspoon of salt, and 1/4 cup of sugar in a large bowl. Whisk the ingredients together until they’re evenly distributed.
Next, add 1/2 cup of butter, cut into small cubes, to the dry ingredients. Use a pastry blender or two forks to cut the butter into the dry ingredients until the mixture resembles wet sand.
Finally, add 1/2 cup of milk and stir until the dough comes together. If the dough is too sticky, add more flour, a tablespoon at a time, until it reaches the desired consistency.
Once the dough is ready, turn it out onto a lightly-floured surface and knead it a few times until it’s smooth and elastic. Place the dough in a lightly-greased bowl, cover it with a damp cloth, and let it rest for at least 1 hour. After it’s finished resting, you can use it to make delicious and fluffy strawberry-filled cinnamon rolls.
What’s the best way to add a sweet strawberry filling to your cinnamon rolls?
The best way to add a sweet strawberry filling to your cinnamon rolls is to make a simple strawberry compote! This easy-to-make compote consists of just a few simple ingredients—strawberries, sugar, cornstarch, and a splash of lemon juice. The cornstarch helps thicken the compote, while the lemon juice gives it a nice, tart flavor.
To make the compote, start by finely chopping up 1 pound of fresh strawberries. Place them in a saucepan with 1/2 cup of sugar and stir to combine. Bring the mixture to a low boil over medium heat, stirring occasionally. In a small bowl, mix together 1 tablespoon of cornstarch with 2 tablespoons of cold water. Once the strawberries have boiled for a few minutes, add the cornstarch mixture and reduce the heat to low. Simmer for 5-7 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the mixture has thickened into a compote-like consistency. Finish by stirring in a splash of lemon juice to give it a nice tartness.
Now it’s time to fill those cinnamon rolls! Roll out your dough so that it’s about 1/4 inch thick. Using a spoon, spread the compote generously over the top, leaving a 1/4 inch border around the edges. Gently roll up the dough, slice into pieces, and bake according to your recipe instructions.
What’s the secret to getting a golden-brown and crispy outside on your rolls?
The secret to getting a golden-brown and crispy outside on your strawberry-filled cinnamon rolls is all about the oven temperature. You want to make sure your oven is preheated to 375°F. The higher temperature will help the dough to rise and achieve that perfect golden-brown and crispy outside.
Additionally, you can brush the rolls with a little melted butter or an egg wash before baking. This helps the rolls to brown and gives them a nice glossy finish. Be sure to keep a close eye on them while they’re baking, as they can go from golden-brown perfection to burnt quickly.
If you’re looking to achieve the perfect golden-brown color on your strawberry-filled cinnamon rolls, the key is to keep the oven temperature high and watch them closely while they’re baking. With a little practice and patience, you’ll soon be able to create perfectly golden-brown and crispy rolls every time.
How can you make strawberry-filled cinnamon rolls even more special?
If you’re looking to make your strawberry-filled cinnamon rolls even more special, there are plenty of delicious ways to do it! From adding extra ingredients to the filling to topping them with a variety of delicious options, you can easily take these rolls to the next level. Here are some of our favorite ways to make strawberry-filled cinnamon rolls extra special:
- Add spices to the filling. Cinnamon isn’t the only spice that can be used in these rolls. Try adding a pinch of nutmeg, cardamom, or even ground ginger for a unique flavor.
- Top with a sweet glaze. Whether it’s a traditional glaze made with confectioners’ sugar or one that’s flavored with citrus, a glaze is the perfect way to make your rolls even more delicious.
- Sprinkle with chopped nuts. Chopped walnuts, almonds, or pecans are a delicious way to make your rolls even more special.
- Dust with icing sugar. A light dusting of icing sugar adds a touch of sweetness and a beautiful presentation.
- Drizzle with melted chocolate. For a decadent twist, try drizzling your cinnamon rolls with melted chocolate.
With just a few simple additions, you can easily make your strawberry-filled cinnamon rolls extra special. Whether you want to add extra flavor or just make them look beautiful, these ideas will ensure your rolls turn out spectacularly.