Savory And Delicious Bacon Potato Egg Tacos
I have been a fan of tacos for as long as I can remember, and I was delighted to find a recipe for Bacon, Potato, and Egg Tacos that combined some of my favorite flavors. I was a bit skeptical at first, as I had never had this combination before, but I decided to give it a try. To my delight, the Bacon, Potato, and Egg Tacos were a delicious and filling combination of crunchy potatoes and salty bacon, combined with a runny egg that added an extra layer of flavor. I loved how quickly and easily they came together, and they quickly became a favorite in my house. If you’re looking for a unique and tasty taco recipe, Bacon, Potato, and Egg Tacos should definitely be on your list!
Bacon, Potato, and Egg Taco Recipe
- 8 small tacos
- 4 slices of cooked bacon, crumbled
- 1 medium potato, boiled, peeled, and diced
- 4 eggs, scrambled
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup diced onions
- 1/4 cup diced tomatoes
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and diced
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Start by prepping your ingredients. Cook your bacon and set aside. Boil, peel, and dice the potato. Then, scramble the eggs and set aside.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the diced potatoes, garlic powder, onion powder, and paprika. Sauté for about 5 minutes, or until the potatoes are golden and tender.
- Add the crumbled bacon, scrambled eggs, shredded cheddar cheese, diced onions, diced tomatoes, jalapeno pepper, chopped cilantro, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook everything together for about 5 minutes, stirring often.
- Heat 8 small tacos in the microwave or oven according to package instructions.
- Fill each taco with some of the bacon, potato, and egg mixture.
- Top with a dollop of sour cream and extra cilantro, if desired.
- Serve the tacos warm and enjoy!
- Calories: 372
- Fat: 18g
- Carbohydrates: 27g
- Protein: 19g
- Sodium: 488mg
- Cholesterol: 149mg
What is a bacon, potato, and egg taco?
A bacon, potato, and egg taco is a breakfast taco that combines crisp bacon, diced potatoes, and a fried egg to create a delicious and savory breakfast dish. It is typically served in a warm tortilla and topped with additional ingredients such as cheese, salsa, or hot sauce. The dish is a popular choice for breakfast or brunch, but can also make an excellent lunch or dinner.
The combination of bacon, potatoes, and eggs offers a wealth of flavor and texture. The bacon provides a salty and smoky flavor, while the potatoes offer a savory and slightly sweet taste. The egg adds a creamy richness that helps to tie all the ingredients together. This flavor combination makes the taco a delicious and satisfying meal.
The taco is also easy to make. The bacon, potatoes, and eggs can all be cooked simultaneously in a skillet. Once cooked, the ingredients can be assembled in a warm tortilla and topped with additional ingredients such as cheese, salsa, or hot sauce. The taco can also be customized with different ingredients. For example, the potatoes can be replaced with shredded hash browns or even sweet potatoes.
A bacon, potato, and egg taco is an easy and delicious way to enjoy a savory breakfast. The combination of bacon, potatoes, and eggs creates a flavorful and satisfying meal that can be enjoyed for breakfast, brunch, lunch, or dinner. With the ability to customize the taco to personal preference, it is sure to become a favorite dish.
What ingredients are needed to make a bacon, potato, and egg taco?
To make a bacon, potato, and egg taco, you will need 8 slices of bacon, 2 potatoes, 6 eggs, and 8 taco shells. Additionally, you will need oil for frying the bacon and potatoes, and seasonings of your choice.
To get started, heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and add enough oil to coat the bottom of the skillet. Add the bacon and fry until it is crispy, about 5 minutes. Remove the bacon from the skillet and set aside.
Add the potatoes to the same skillet, season with salt and pepper, and cook until they are tender and crisp, about 8 minutes. Remove the potatoes from the skillet and set aside with the bacon.
In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs with a pinch of salt and pepper. Heat the same skillet over medium heat and add the egg mixture. Cook until the eggs are set, about 8 minutes.
To assemble the tacos, spoon some of the bacon, potatoes, and eggs into each taco shell. Top with your choice of salsa, cheese, and other desired toppings. Serve immediately.
What are the health benefits of eating a bacon, potato, and egg taco?
Eating a bacon, potato, and egg taco can provide numerous health benefits.
- This dish is a good source of protein, vitamins, and minerals, which can help to improve overall health.
- Protein provides energy and helps to build and repair tissues and cells in the body.
- Bacon, potatoes, and eggs also contain vitamins and minerals such as iron, potassium, magnesium, and vitamin C, which are essential for a healthy body.
- Eating a bacon, potato, and egg taco can also help to reduce the risk of certain diseases, such as heart disease and diabetes, as it is low in saturated fat and cholesterol.
- Additionally, this dish is a good source of dietary fiber, which can help to regulate digestion and reduce the risk of digestive issues.
- Finally, this taco is also a great way to get a balanced mix of carbohydrates, protein, and fat, which are all important for good health.
How long does it take to make a bacon, potato, and egg taco?
It takes approximately 20 minutes to make a bacon, potato, and egg taco.
Making a bacon, potato, and egg taco is a quick and easy way to make a delicious breakfast or brunch meal. All you need is some bacon, potatoes, eggs, and your favorite taco toppings. This taco is a great way to use up leftovers, as well as make a satisfying meal in a pinch.
To make a bacon, potato, and egg taco, start by cooking the bacon in a skillet over medium heat. Once the bacon is cooked, remove it from the skillet and set it aside. Then, add diced potatoes to the same skillet and cook for about 10 minutes until the potatoes are golden brown and tender. Remove the potatoes from the skillet and set them aside.
Next, add the eggs to the skillet and scramble them until they are fully cooked. Once the eggs are done, add the bacon and potatoes back into the skillet and mix together.
Finally, warm a few of your favorite taco shells in the oven or toaster oven. When the shells are toasted, fill them with the bacon, potato, and egg mixture. Top with your favorite taco toppings like shredded cheese, lettuce, salsa, and sour cream. Serve the tacos with your favorite sides, such as guacamole, chips, and refried beans.
Enjoy your delicious bacon, potato, and egg tacos! With only 20 minutes of time and minimal effort, you can have a delicious meal that the whole family will love.
What variations can be made to the bacon, potato, and egg taco?
The Bacon, Potato, and Egg Taco is a classic Mexican breakfast dish that can be easily modified to suit individual tastes. Variations can include different types of meat, cheeses, and vegetables, as well as changing the way the ingredients are cooked. For example, the bacon can be swapped out for chorizo, the potatoes can be diced or shredded, and the eggs can be cooked sunny-side up or scrambled. Toppings such as pico de gallo, guacamole, salsa, and shredded cheese can also be added for additional flavor. Other options include adding jalapeno peppers, sour cream, and black beans. The possibilities are endless, making the Bacon, Potato, and Egg Taco a versatile and delicious breakfast option.
What other meals can be paired with a bacon, potato, and egg taco?
When it comes to pairing a bacon, potato, and egg taco, the possibilities are endless. Many accompaniments can be added to a taco to create a complete and satisfying meal. A few suggestions for side dishes include a fresh green salad, a light soup, roasted vegetables, or a hearty grain such as quinoa or bulgur. To make the meal even more substantial, consider adding a side of refried beans or black beans and a warm corn tortilla. For a sweet finish, try pairing your taco with a tropical fruit salad or a scoop of homemade ice cream. Whatever accompaniment you choose, your bacon, potato, and egg taco will be sure to satisfy.