I’m always looking for delicious, healthy recipes to try and this Vegetarian Banh Mi Bowls is one of my favorites! It combines all of my favorite flavors into one tasty dish – think savory, spicy, and tangy! Plus, it’s quick and easy to make and always a hit with my family and friends. So if you’re looking for a fresh, delicious meal idea, look no further – this Vegetarian Banh Mi Bowls is sure to hit the spot!
Vegetarian Banh Mi Bowls Recipe
- 2 cups uncooked jasmine rice
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 large carrot, julienned
- 2 cups shredded cabbage
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 cup roasted peanuts
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 cans (14 ounces each) chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 6 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup pickled radishes (optional)
- Let’s get started making Vegetarian Banh Mi Bowls!
- First, prepare 2 cups of uncooked jasmine rice according to package instructions.
- While the rice is cooking, dice 1 red bell pepper and julienne 1 large carrot. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine 2 cups of shredded cabbage, 1/4 cup of chopped fresh cilantro, 1/4 cup of roasted peanuts, 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil, 1 teaspoon of garlic powder, 1/4 cup of hoisin sauce, 2 tablespoons of soy sauce, 2 tablespoons of rice vinegar, 1 teaspoon of sesame oil, 2 teaspoons of honey, 1/4 teaspoon of ground ginger, 1/4 teaspoon of ground black pepper, and 1/4 teaspoon of red pepper flakes.
- Add 2 cans of drained and rinsed chickpeas, 1/4 cup of fresh lime juice, and 6 thinly sliced green onions. Mix everything together until it is well combined.
- When the rice is done cooking, divide it into 6 bowls and top with the vegetable mixture.
- Finally, garnish with 1/2 cup of pickled radishes, if desired.
- Enjoy your Vegetarian Banh Mi Bowls!
- Calories: 303
- Fat: 9 g
- Carbohydrates: 47 g
- Fiber: 8 g
- Protein: 8 g
- Sodium: 681 mg
- Sugar: 13 g
What is a banh mi bowl?
Have you heard about the new vegetarian banh mi bowl craze? A banh mi bowl is a delicious twist on the classic Vietnamese sandwich. It takes all the flavor of the beloved banh mi sandwich and puts it in a one-bowl meal. So if you’re looking for an easy and tasty way to enjoy banh mi, a banh mi bowl is the perfect solution.
A banh mi bowl is a combination of classic Vietnamese flavors, including pickled vegetables, fresh herbs, and a savory sauce. The pickled vegetables add a delicious tangy flavor, while the fresh herbs provide a burst of flavor. The savory sauce ties all the ingredients together, giving the bowl a great depth of flavor.
To make a banh mi bowl, start by pickling your favorite vegetables. Once the vegetables are pickled, it’s time to assemble the bowl. You can add any combination of cooked noodles, cooked tofu, cooked tempeh, or cooked beans. Top it off with your favorite fresh herbs, such as cilantro, scallions, and mint. Finally, finish off the bowl with a savory sauce, such as soy sauce, hoisin sauce, or rice vinegar.
The result is a delicious, one-bowl meal that is full of flavor. Banh mi bowls are incredibly versatile and can be adapted to any diet, including vegan and gluten-free. Plus, they are incredibly easy to make and can be enjoyed for breakfast, lunch, or dinner.
So if you’re looking for an easy, delicious, and healthy meal, give a banh mi bowl a try! You won’t be disappointed.
What are the health benefits of eating a vegetarian banh mi bowl?
Eating a vegetarian banh mi bowl is a great way to get your daily dose of nutrients and vitamins! Not only are these bowls incredibly delicious, but they also come with a range of health benefits. Here are some of the best perks of chowing down on a vegetarian banh mi bowl:
- Packed with Protein: A vegetarian banh mi bowl contains plenty of plant-based proteins to keep you feeling full and energized. With ingredients like edamame, tofu, and tempeh, you’ll have plenty of proteins to fuel your day.
- Rich in Vitamins and Minerals: These bowls are full of vitamins and minerals, like vitamin C, iron, and zinc. This makes them an excellent choice for people looking to get their daily intake of essential vitamins and minerals.
- Low in Calories: Banh mi bowls are typically low in calories, making them a great choice for people looking to watch their calorie intake.
- Low in Cholesterol: Banh mi bowls are free of animal products, which means they won’t contain any cholesterol. This makes them a great choice for people who are looking to lower their cholesterol levels.
- Great Source of Fiber: Banh mi bowls are also high in fiber, which helps to keep your digestive system healthy and functioning properly.
These are just a few of the many health benefits of eating a vegetarian banh mi bowl. Not only are these bowls delicious, but they’re also packed with nutrients and vitamins that are essential for good health.
What vegetarian ingredients are typically included in a banh mi bowl?
You don’t have to be a meat eater to enjoy a delicious banh mi bowl! These vegetarian bowls are packed with tasty and nutritious ingredients. Typically, you’ll find a variety of vegetables, like carrots, cucumbers, and beans, in the mix. Along with this, there’s usually some type of plant-based protein, like tofu, tempeh, or seitan, for a little extra texture and flavor. To top it off, a flavorful dressing made with rice vinegar, sesame oil, and a hint of ginger is often included.
What flavors can you expect from a vegetarian banh mi bowl?
You can expect an explosion of flavor when you try a vegetarian banh Mi bowl! This vegan-friendly dish is a creative spin on traditional Vietnamese banh Mi sandwiches. Instead of the traditional baguette, this vegan version comes in bowl form, filled with a delicious mix of veggies, herbs, and sauces.
The base of this vegan bowl is usually a bed of fresh salad greens, topped with a tasty selection of vegetables like cucumber, carrots, and radishes. Then, the bowl is topped with a mix of herbs such as cilantro and mint, and a sprinkle of crunchy peanuts.
The most important element of the dish is the flavorful sauce. A traditional banh Mi bowl is served with a vegan sriracha mayo, which adds a spicy kick to the dish. You can also find bowls topped with a creamy vegan tzatziki sauce, which adds a cool and refreshing flavor.
A vegetarian banh Mi bowl is the perfect balance of savory and sweet flavors, with a kick of heat that will tantalize your taste buds.
What other components are often included in a vegetarian banh mi bowl?
When it comes to making a delicious vegetarian banh mi bowl, the possibilities are endless! There are so many wonderful ingredients you can use to create a flavourful and nutritious meal that is sure to satisfy your taste buds. Here are some of the other components often included in a vegetarian banh mi bowl:
- Pickled vegetables: Pickled vegetables such as carrots, radishes, and cucumbers are often included in banh mi bowls for their tangy and slightly sweet flavour. Not only does pickling vegetables add a unique flavour to the dish, it also helps preserve the vegetables for longer.
- Fresh herbs: Fresh herbs such as cilantro, Thai basil, and mint add a wonderful freshness and vibrant flavour to the dish. These herbs are often used in Vietnamese cooking and are a great way to add a burst of flavour to the bowl.
- Fried tofu: Fried tofu is a great way to add protein to the vegetarian banh mi bowl. The tofu can be marinated with a variety of spices and then fried until it is golden and crisp.
- Noodles: Noodles such as vermicelli or rice noodles are commonly found in banh mi bowls. They are a great way to add some extra texture and make the bowl more filling.
- Fresh vegetables: Fresh vegetables such as bell peppers, mushrooms, jalapenos, and bean sprouts are a great way to add some extra crunch and nutrition to the bowl.
- Sauce: A variety of sauces can be used to top off the vegetarian banh mi bowl. Common choices include sriracha, hoisin, and nuoc cham (a Vietnamese dipping sauce).
How can you customize a vegetarian banh mi bowl to suit your taste?
You can customize a vegetarian banh mi bowl to suit your taste by adding different vegetables, sauces, and herbs! Start by choosing a base like white or brown rice, quinoa, or noodles. Then, add in a variety of vegetables like shredded carrots, cucumbers, bean sprouts, and bell peppers. For added flavor, try adding your favorite sauces and herbs like hoisin, sriracha, cilantro, and mint. If you prefer a spicier banh mi bowl, you can add jalapeños or chili flakes. Finally, top your bowl off with a creamy vegan mayonnaise or tofu.
What is an easy and delicious way to prepare a vegetarian banh mi bowl?
Craving a delicious and easy vegetarian meal? Look no further than the vegetarian banh mi bowl! This quick and easy meal is perfect for busy weeknights, and you don’t have to sacrifice flavor for convenience. All you need is a few simple ingredients, and you can whip up a tasty and nutritious meal in no time.
To prepare a vegetarian banh mi bowl, start by marinating your favorite vegetables in a mixture of soy sauce, garlic, and ginger. You can also add some chili flakes for a bit of heat. Let the vegetables marinate for at least 30 minutes.
Next, cook some rice or quinoa in a rice cooker or on the stovetop. Once the rice or quinoa is cooked, add the marinated vegetables and mix everything together. For extra flavor, top the bowl with some fresh herbs like cilantro, mint, or basil.
Finally, add your favorite toppings like pickled carrots, cucumber slices, roasted peanuts, and chili sauce. The combination of flavors and textures makes for an amazing vegetarian meal that is sure to please.
So the next time you’re looking for a delicious and easy vegetarian meal, try making a vegetarian banh mi bowl.