I love cake! And I especially love when it’s made with fresh blueberries, like this Blueberry Bundt Cake. I remember the first time I ever made this cake—it was the perfect blend of sweet cake and tart blueberries. The smell of it baking in the oven was heavenly and I couldn’t wait to take my first bite. I was so pleased with the results that I’ve been making this recipe over and over again ever since. If you’re looking for a delicious blueberry-filled treat, you’ve got to try this Blueberry Bundt Cake!
Blueberry Bundt Cake Recipe
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups sour cream
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour a bundt pan and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add in the eggs one at a time, mixing until fully incorporated. Stir in the vanilla extract.
- Alternately add the flour mixture and sour cream to the butter and sugar mixture, starting and ending with the flour mixture.
- Gently stir in the blueberries. Spread the batter evenly into the prepared bundt pan and bake for 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Let the cake cool in the pan for 15 minutes before inverting it onto a plate. Enjoy your delicious Blueberry Bundt Cake!
- Calories: 295,
- Total Fat: 12.2g,
- Saturated Fat: 5.9g,
- Cholesterol: 66.4mg,
- Sodium: 275.4mg,
- Total Carbohydrates: 42.3g,
- Dietary Fiber: 1.1g,
- Sugars: 22.6g,
- Protein: 4.3g
What makes a blueberry bundt cake so delicious?
A blueberry bundt cake is the perfect balance of sweetness, tartness and texture! The moist and fluffy cake has the perfect hint of sweetness that pairs perfectly with the tartness of the blueberries. The bundt cake has the perfect crunchy exterior that gives way to the light and airy interior. The perfect way to top off the cake is a drizzle of sweet glaze that brings all the flavors together.
What are the benefits of using fresh blueberries in a bundt cake?
The benefits of using fresh blueberries in a bundt cake are numerous!
- Fresh blueberries have a sweet, juicy flavor that adds a delicious burst of flavor to the cake.
- The natural color of the blueberries will add a beautiful pop of color to the cake, making it visually appealing.
- The blueberries will also provide a nice texture to the cake, making it nice and moist.
- Blueberries are rich in Vitamin C, dietary fiber, and antioxidants, which makes them an excellent addition to any cake.
- Using fresh blueberries in a bundt cake is a great way to make a homemade treat that is both delicious and nutritious.
What types of ingredients should you use to make a blueberry bundt cake?
When it comes to baking the perfect blueberry bundt cake, there are certain ingredients you’ll need to ensure success. You’ll need all-purpose flour, baking powder, salt, butter, sugar, eggs, vanilla extract and, of course, plenty of fresh or frozen blueberries.
For the flour, make sure you use a high-quality all-purpose variety such as King Arthur’s Measure-for-Measure Gluten-Free Flour. This will ensure your cake will rise correctly and have a nice, fluffy texture. For the butter, use a high-quality unsalted butter for the best flavor.
The sugar for your cake should be a combination of both granulated and light brown sugar. The combination of the two will give you a great flavor and a nice, caramel-like color. For the eggs, you’ll want to use large-sized eggs and make sure they are at room temperature.
When it comes to the blueberries, you can use either fresh or frozen. If using fresh, make sure they are ripe and juicy. If using frozen, thaw them slightly before adding them to the batter.
These are all the ingredients you’ll need to make a delicious, moist blueberry bundt cake. With these ingredients, you’ll be well on your way to baking a delicious cake that will be the star of your next gathering.
What techniques can you use to make sure your blueberry bundt cake turns out perfectly every time?
If you want to make sure your blueberry bundt cake turns out perfectly every time, there are a few simple techniques you can use. First, it’s important to measure your ingredients accurately. Using the wrong measurements can lead to a variety of problems, from a dry cake to a cake that doesn’t rise properly. Secondly, make sure your oven is preheated before you put your cake batter in. This helps the cake to begin cooking evenly and prevents it from over-baking on one side. Finally, it’s important to check the cake for doneness before taking it out of the oven. Insert a toothpick or cake tester into the center of the cake – if it comes out clean, your cake is ready to serve! With these simple tips, you can guarantee that your blueberry bundt cake will turn out perfectly every time.
What are some creative ways to decorate a blueberry bundt cake?
It’s time to get creative with decorating your blueberry bundt cake! A bundt cake is a classic dessert that can be decorated in so many fun and interesting ways. Here are some ideas to get you started:
- Use fresh blueberries to top your cake. Decorate the top of the cake with fresh blueberries in a circular pattern. Make sure to rinse the blueberries first and pat them dry with a paper towel.
- Create a blueberry glaze. Make a simple glaze with blueberry jam, melted butter, and powdered sugar. Drizzle it over the top of the cake for a beautiful and delicious finish.
- Sprinkle the top with blueberry sugar. Make a simple sugar blend with white sugar and freeze-dried blueberries. Sprinkle the sugar blend on the top of the cake for a sweet crunch.
- Make a blueberry cream cheese frosting. Mix together cream cheese, butter, powdered sugar, and blueberry jam. Spread this delicious frosting over the top of the cake for a creamy and sweet finish.
These are just a few ideas for decorating your blueberry bundt cake.