Healthy Vegan Carrot-Butternut Squash Soup Recipe
I love this vegan carrot-butternut squash soup! It’s so creamy and savory, full of flavor and warmth. I’ve been making this soup for years now and it’s a staple in my house. The combination of carrots and butternut squash is delicious and the herbs add the perfect touch of flavor. Plus, it’s incredibly easy to make and incredibly satisfying. I guarantee you’ll love this soup as much as I do!
Vegan Carrot-Butternut Squash Soup Recipe
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 carrots, diced
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 2 cups butternut squash, peeled and diced
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup coconut cream
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- Let’s get started! First, heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a large pot over medium heat.
- Once the oil is hot, add the diced onion and minced garlic and sauté until the onion is translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Then, add the diced carrots, ground cumin, and nutmeg. Stir to combine and cook for another 3-4 minutes.
- Pour in the vegetable broth and diced butternut squash and bring to a simmer. Cover and let cook for 30-35 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- After the soup is finished cooking, season with salt, pepper, and coconut cream.
- Last, garnish with a tablespoon of freshly chopped parsley and serve! Enjoy!
- Calories: 224
- Fat: 12g
- Carbohydrates: 24g
- Protein: 2g
- Sodium: 541mg
- Fiber: 5g
- Sugar: 7g
What ingredients do you need to make vegan carrot-butternut squash soup?
To make an amazing vegan carrot-butternut squash soup, you’ll need a few simple ingredients! All you need is one butternut squash, one onion, four carrots, a couple cloves of garlic, a teaspoon of olive oil, some vegetable broth, and your favorite spices like salt, pepper, and nutmeg. Once you have all these ingredients, you can create a delicious vegan soup in no time!
First, preheat your oven to 400°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Peel the butternut squash, cut it into cubes, and place it on the baking sheet. Peel the carrots and onions and add them to the baking sheet. Drizzle everything with olive oil and sprinkle with your desired spices. Roast the vegetables in the oven until they are tender and golden brown.
Once your vegetables are done roasting, transfer them to a large soup pot and add vegetable broth. Simmer the soup on low heat until the vegetables are fully cooked. Use an immersion blender to blend the soup until it’s smooth and creamy. Taste the soup and adjust the seasoning, adding more salt and pepper if needed.
Your vegan carrot-butternut squash soup is now ready to enjoy! Serve it with a sprinkle of fresh herbs or a dollop of vegan sour cream.
What are the health benefits of making vegan carrot-butternut squash soup?
Are you looking for a delicious vegan meal that provides you with a plethora of health benefits? Look no further than vegan carrot-butternut squash soup! This tasty soup has many benefits that you can enjoy. Here are some of the health benefits of making vegan carrot-butternut squash soup:
- It’s rich in vitamins and minerals. Carrots and butternut squash are both rich in vitamins and minerals, such as Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Vitamin E, and calcium. This can help to keep your bones, teeth, and skin healthy.
- It’s high in fiber. Both carrots and butternut squash contain fiber, which is important for digestion. Fiber can help to keep your digestive system running smoothly and can even help to lower your cholesterol.
- It’s low in calories. This soup is naturally low in calories and fat, which makes it a great choice for anyone looking to lose weight.
- It’s full of antioxidants. Carrots and butternut squash are both packed with powerful antioxidants, which can help to protect your cells from damage caused by free radicals.
- It’s vegan-friendly. This soup is naturally vegan-friendly and contains no animal products.
Making vegan carrot-butternut squash soup is a great way to enjoy a delicious meal while also getting a variety of health benefits.
How does vegan carrot-butternut squash soup compare to other vegetable soups?
Vegan carrot-butternut squash soup is one of the most delicious vegetable soups around! It’s rich and creamy, with a unique combination of flavors. Here’s why it stands out from other veggie soups:
- It’s packed with protein and fiber: The combination of butternut squash, carrots, and other vegetables provides a great source of protein and fiber. This makes it a perfect meal to keep you full and energized.
- The flavor is unique and delicious: The combination of carrots and butternut squash creates a unique flavor that can’t be found in other vegetable soups. It’s a delicious, creamy soup that you won’t be able to get enough of.
- It’s incredibly versatile: If you’re feeling adventurous, you can add other veggies, spices, or herbs to the soup to create a completely different flavor. You can also use it as a base for other recipes, like a pasta sauce or a creamy soup.
- It’s healthy and nutritious: Vegan carrot-butternut squash soup is low in calories, but packed with vitamins and minerals. It’s a great way to get your daily dose of vitamins and minerals without having to worry about calories.
Overall, vegan carrot-butternut squash soup is a delicious, nutritious, and versatile soup that stands out from other veggie soups.
What are some tips for making vegan carrot-butternut squash soup?
Start by sautéing diced onions in a large pot with a bit of oil or vegan butter.
- Add in minced garlic and cook until fragrant.
- Peel, chop and add the carrots and butternut squash to the pot, stirring occasionally until lightly golden.
- Add vegetable broth, bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer until vegetables are tender.
- Blend the soup until smooth or leave it chunky.
- For extra flavor add some herbs like parsley, thyme and rosemary.
- Finish with a splash of lemon juice and a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Garnish with toasted pumpkin seeds for a crunchy texture.
What flavor combinations work best when making vegan carrot-butternut squash soup?
Making vegan carrot-butternut squash soup is a great way to enjoy the natural sweetness of carrots and butternut squash. To make this soup even more delicious, try adding some flavorful ingredients to create delicious flavor combinations! Here are some of the best flavor combinations for vegan carrot-butternut squash soup:
- Garlic, ginger, and cumin – This combination is perfect for adding a bit of warmth and spice to the soup. The garlic and ginger will give the soup a subtle sweetness, while the cumin adds a little extra depth.
- Coconut milk, curry powder, and cilantro – This combination is perfect for a creamy and flavorful soup. The coconut milk adds a sweet and creamy flavor, while the curry powder and cilantro give it a bit of a kick.
- Apple cider vinegar, maple syrup, and sage – This combination will give the soup a slight tanginess and sweetness. The vinegar and maple syrup add a subtle sweetness, while the sage gives it an earthy flavor.
- Nutmeg, cinnamon, and cardamom – This combination is perfect for a slightly sweet and fragrant soup. The nutmeg and cinnamon add a warm sweetness, while the cardamom adds an interesting and unique flavor.
These are just a few of the many delicious combinations you can make when making vegan carrot-butternut squash soup.
How can you make vegan carrot-butternut squash soup as part of a meal?
Making vegan carrot-butternut squash soup as part of a meal is easy and delicious! All you need to do is get the ingredients, follow the instructions, and voila – you’ve got a delicious vegan soup to enjoy.
To make this soup, you’ll need: one large butternut squash, four large carrots, three cloves of garlic, one onion, a tablespoon of olive oil, four cups of vegetable broth, one teaspoon of ground cumin, a teaspoon of ground coriander, ¼ teaspoon of smoked paprika, and a pinch of nutmeg.
To start, preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius. While the oven is heating up, peel and chop the butternut squash and carrots into small cubes. Arrange the cubes on a baking sheet and drizzle them with olive oil, salt, and pepper. Bake for 25 minutes.
Meanwhile, in a large pot, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the chopped onion and garlic and sauté for 3-4 minutes, until everything is soft and fragrant. Add the vegetable broth, cumin, coriander, smoked paprika, and nutmeg. Stir everything together, and then add the roasted butternut squash and carrots. Simmer for 15 minutes.
Once the soup is done, you can enjoy it as is, or you can turn it into a full meal by adding some cooked quinoa, cooked beans, or roasted chickpeas. Just add them to the pot and heat through before serving.
What type of dietary restrictions can vegan carrot-butternut squash soup fit into?
Vegan carrot-butternut squash soup is a great meal choice for those with a variety of dietary restrictions. Whether you are vegan, vegetarian, gluten-free, or dairy-free, this soup is sure to fit into your diet! Its combination of flavors is sure to tantalize taste buds and provide a comforting meal.
For vegans, this soup is a great option because it contains no animal products. This means that it fits perfectly with a vegan lifestyle, providing an animal product-free meal.
For those who are vegetarian, but not vegan, the soup is still a great option. With no animal products, the soup will fit perfectly into a vegetarian meal plan.
Gluten-free? No problem! This soup does not contain any gluten, so it is a safe choice for those with gluten sensitivities or allergies.
Finally, for those who are dairy-free, the soup is also a great option. With no dairy ingredients, this soup will provide a delicious and safe meal for someone with a dairy allergy or sensitivity.
With its combination of flavors and its ability to fit into a variety of dietary restrictions, vegan carrot-butternut squash soup is sure to please.