I love making Lemon Chicken for my family’s dinner. It’s always a hit because it’s so easy and flavorful. I’ve been making this recipe for years, and it’s become a favorite in our house. The zesty lemon flavor is perfectly balanced with the savory chicken, making this dish an absolutely delicious and comforting meal. I’m sure your family will love it as much as mine does!
Lemon Chicken Recipe
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup of freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 cup of olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon of dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon of dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of freshly ground black pepper
- Let’s get cooking! Start by preheating your oven to 375°F and get out a baking dish.
- To make the marinade, mix together a quarter cup of freshly squeezed lemon juice, a quarter cup of olive oil, two cloves of minced garlic, a teaspoon of dried oregano, a half teaspoon of dried thyme, a teaspoon of salt, and a half teaspoon of freshly ground black pepper.
- Cut the three boneless, skinless chicken breasts into thin strips and place them into the baking dish.
- Pour the marinade over the chicken strips and make sure they are all evenly coated.
- Place the baking dish in the preheated oven and bake for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, take the baking dish out of the oven and let it sit for an additional 50 minutes to let the chicken absorb all the flavors.
- After 50 minutes, your delicious Lemon Chicken is ready to be served and enjoyed!
- Calories: 369
- Total Fat: 21g
- Saturated Fat: 3.4g
- Cholesterol: 89mg
- Sodium: 828mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 6g
- Dietary Fiber: 1g
- Sugars: 2.3g
- Protein: 38.1g
What makes lemon chicken such a great dish?
There are plenty of reasons why lemon chicken is such a great dish! Its zesty lemon flavor gives it a unique, delicious twist that takes a classic chicken dish to the next level. The bright citrusy notes cut through the richness of the chicken and balance out the flavor, making it a great option for anyone who is looking for something a bit different.
The lemon flavor is also surprisingly versatile, lending itself to a variety of different cooking techniques. Whether you want to pan-fry it, bake it, or even deep-fry it, lemon chicken can be easily adapted to fit any cuisine. It is also surprisingly simple to make and can be ready in just a few minutes – perfect for busy weeknights!
Lemon chicken is also incredibly nutritious, as it contains plenty of lean protein and is low in fat. This makes it a great choice for anyone who wants to enjoy a delicious, satisfying meal without compromising on their health. It also adds a wonderful zingy flavor to salads, making it a great way to jazz up any meal.
Overall, lemon chicken is an incredibly tasty and versatile dish that is sure to please everyone. Its bright citrusy notes give it a unique flavor, and its simplicity and ease of preparation make it a great choice for busy weeknights.
What ingredients are essential to making the perfect lemon chicken?
When it comes to making the perfect lemon chicken, there are a few essential ingredients that you’ll need. First, you’ll need chicken breasts – boneless, skinless chicken breasts work best. You’ll need fresh lemon juice, garlic, olive oil, salt, and pepper. For an extra kick of flavor, you can add some red pepper flakes. To thicken the sauce, you’ll also need some cornstarch. Lastly, to serve, you’ll need some fresh parsley, lemon slices, and cooked rice or quinoa.
When you have all of these ingredients, you’re ready to get started! Start by marinating the chicken breasts in the lemon juice, garlic, olive oil, salt, and pepper. Let them sit for about 30 minutes, or until the chicken is fully tenderized. Then, cook the chicken in a skillet over medium-high heat until it’s cooked through. Once the chicken is cooked, it’s time to make the sauce! In a separate pan, whisk together the cornstarch and remaining marinade until it’s smooth. Simmer the sauce until it’s thickened, and add the red pepper flakes if desired.
Finally, serve the chicken with the sauce, and garnish with the fresh parsley, lemon slices, and cooked rice or quinoa.
What are the benefits of adding lemon to chicken?
Adding lemon to chicken is an excellent way to up your meal game! With a few simple steps and a few basic ingredients, you can take your chicken dishes from ordinary to extraordinary. Here are a few of the benefits of adding lemon to chicken:
- Lemon adds a tart and citrusy flavor to chicken. The zesty taste of lemon is a great way to liven up your chicken dishes and add a zing of flavor.
- It’s a healthy way to add flavor without a lot of fat and calories. By adding lemon juice, you don’t have to rely on high-fat ingredients to get flavor.
- You can use it with any type of chicken dish. Whether you’re grilling, baking, or sautéing, lemon juice is a great way to add flavor to your chicken.
- It’s an easy and quick way to add flavor. With just a few simple ingredients and a few minutes of prep time, you can have a delicious lemon chicken dish ready to serve.
So don’t be afraid to try adding a squeeze of lemon to your chicken dishes! It’s an easy and delicious way to take your meal to the next level.
How do you get the best flavor out of your lemon chicken?
Getting the best flavor out of your lemon chicken is easy! Here are some tips:
- Marinate your chicken overnight in a mixture of olive oil, lemon juice, honey, garlic, and seasonings to infuse the chicken with flavor.
- Grill the chicken over medium-high heat to get that delightful char.
- Baste the chicken with the marinade you made earlier in the cooking process. This will help to keep it moist and add even more flavor.
- Squeeze fresh lemon juice over the cooked chicken for an extra zing of citrus.
- Serve with a side of roasted vegetables for a delicious and nutritious meal.
By following these steps, you’ll be sure to get the most out of your lemon chicken.
What side dishes pair best with lemon chicken?
The best side dishes to pair with lemon chicken are those that will contrast its brightness and acidity. If you want to keep the meal light, consider serving a side salad with mixed greens, tomatoes, cucumbers, and a light vinaigrette. Alternatively, if you’re looking for something more substantial to round out the dish, roasted baby potatoes or steamed broccoli with garlic and a light drizzle of olive oil are excellent choices. If you want to add some color to your plate, roasted bell peppers or a light quinoa salad are great options.
No matter what side dishes you choose to serve with your lemon chicken, make sure to keep the dish light and airy to complement the citrusy flavors of the chicken. And don’t forget to add a spritz of fresh lemon juice to the side dishes as a final touch.