I love making this Curried Squash-Mushroom Soup. From the moment the garlic, curry powder, and mushrooms start sautéing in the pot, my kitchen is filled with a warm, inviting aroma that instantly takes me away to my favorite Thai restaurant. The unique flavor of the soup comes from the combination of the earthy mushrooms and the sweet squash, complimented by the fragrant spices. Every time I make it, I’m amazed at how something so simple and straightforward can be so delicious and satisfying. I can’t wait to share this favorite of mine with you!
Curried Squash-Mushroom Soup Recipe
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 butternut squash, peeled and chopped
- 8 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Let’s get started making our Curried Squash-Mushroom Soup! First, heat up 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a large pot over medium-high heat.
- Once the oil is hot, add in one finely chopped onion and 2 minced garlic cloves. Stir and let it cook for about 5 minutes, or until the onion is soft and translucent.
- Next, add in 2 tablespoons of curry powder and stir to combine. Let the curry powder cook and bloom for a few minutes while stirring constantly.
- Now, add in 1 peeled and chopped butternut squash, 8 ounces of sliced mushrooms, and 4 cups of vegetable broth. Stir everything together and bring the soup to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to a low simmer, cover the pot, and let it cook for about 40 minutes, or until the squash is soft.
- Once the squash is soft, season the soup with salt and pepper to taste.
- Finally, stir in 2 tablespoons of chopped fresh parsley. Let the soup cook for an additional 5 minutes.
- Your Curried Squash-Mushroom Soup is now ready to be served. Enjoy!
- Calories: 156, Total Fat: 7g, Saturated Fat: 1g, Cholesterol: 0mg, Sodium: 551mg, Carbohydrates: 19g, Fiber: 4g, Sugar: 4g, Protein: 6g
Are you looking for a new way to enjoy squash?
Yes! If you’re looking for a delicious and unique way to enjoy squash, you need to try Curried Squash-Mushroom Soup. This flavorful soup is easy to make and packs a serious punch of flavor. It’s the perfect comfort food to enjoy any time of year.
This Curried Squash-Mushroom Soup starts with roasting the squash to bring out its natural sweetness. You can use any type of squash you like, such as butternut, acorn, or delicata. Once the squash is roasted and pureed, it’s combined with a rich and flavorful sauce of mushrooms, onions, garlic, and a hint of curry. The soup is then simmered until the flavors come together and the soup is creamy and delicious.
You can enjoy this Curried Squash-Mushroom Soup on its own or pair it with a salad, sandwich, or wrap for a complete meal. It’s a great way to get your daily dose of vegetables without sacrificing flavor. You can also top it with croutons, nuts, or seeds for an extra crunch. The possibilities are endless!
So, if you’re looking for a new way to enjoy squash, Curried Squash-Mushroom Soup is the perfect choice. It’s easy to make, packed with flavor, and sure to be a hit with everyone.
Have you ever tried adding mushrooms to a soup for a unique flavor combination?
Have you ever tried adding mushrooms to a soup for a unique flavor combination? Absolutely! Mushrooms are a great way to add an earthy, savory flavor to any soup. When paired with squash, they make the perfect pairing for a delicious curried squash-mushroom soup.
This special combination of ingredients is flavorful, nutty, and fragrant. The combination of squash and mushrooms is a classic flavor pairing that works really well for soups. The earthiness of the mushrooms and the sweetness of the squash bring out a unique flavor that is quite delightful.
The mushrooms also add a nice textural element, which makes the soup more interesting. They help to give the soup a nice, hearty texture and they also add a bit of protein, making it the perfect meal for vegetarians or anyone looking for a heartier soup.
So if you’re looking for a unique flavor combination, why not try adding mushrooms to a soup? You’ll be surprised at just how good it can taste. Curried squash-mushroom soup is the perfect example of this flavor combination done right.
What health benefits does this soup provide?
Yes! Curried Squash-Mushroom Soup is a nutritious and delicious dish that has many health benefits. Here are just a few:
- It’s packed with vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants. Squash, mushrooms, and curry powder are excellent sources of vitamins A, C, and E. Curry powder is also high in iron, magnesium, and potassium.
- The combination of squash and mushrooms increases its nutritional content. Squash is high in dietary fiber, which helps to reduce bad cholesterol levels in the blood and control blood sugar levels. Mushrooms contain important minerals like selenium, which helps to support a healthy immune system.
- Curry powder has anti-inflammatory properties, which help to reduce inflammation in the body. This can help to reduce the risk of certain diseases, such as heart disease and diabetes.
- This soup is also low in fat and calories, making it a perfect choice for anyone looking to maintain a healthy weight or lose a few pounds.
So not only is Curried Squash-Mushroom Soup a delicious and flavorful dish, but it also provides many health benefits.
What makes curried squash-mushroom soup so delicious?
You might be wondering what makes curried squash-mushroom soup so delicious? The answer is simple: the combination of a few simple ingredients and a few tantalizing spices. This soup is made with curried squash, mushrooms, onion, garlic, coconut milk, and a blend of spices that pack a flavorful punch. The curried squash adds a sweet and nutty flavor, while the mushrooms add a savory, earthy note. The onion and garlic provide a depth of flavor to the soup, while the coconut milk makes it creamy and fragrant. And the spice blend adds a hint of heat and complexity that takes the flavor of this soup to the next level. All of these ingredients come together in a perfect harmony to create a soup that is truly unique and utterly delicious.
How can you make curried squash-mushroom soup in your own kitchen?
Making curried squash-mushroom soup in your own kitchen is easy! All you need is a few simple ingredients, a pot and stove, and a little bit of time. Here’s a quick and easy way to make this delicious soup right at home.
First, get your ingredients ready. You’ll need a squash of your choice, mushrooms, a small onion, garlic, vegetable stock, curry powder, and a pinch of cayenne pepper. Once you have all your ingredients, it’s time to get cooking!
Start by peeling and cutting your squash into cubes. Next, dice the onion and mince the garlic. Heat some olive oil in a large pot, and add the onion and garlic. Cook until the onion is translucent. Then add the squash cubes and mushrooms, and sauté for about five minutes.
Now it’s time to add the flavors! Sprinkle in the curry powder and cayenne pepper, and sauté for a few minutes. Then add the vegetable stock and bring the soup to a boil. Reduce the heat, cover the pot, and let it simmer for about 20 minutes or until the squash is tender.
Once the squash is cooked, it’s time to puree the soup. Use a blender or food processor to puree the soup until smooth. You can also use an immersion blender for a chunkier texture.
Your curried squash-mushroom soup is now ready to serve! Enjoy it as a starter, side dish, or full meal with some crusty bread.