I’ll never forget the first time I made these Chocolate-Coconut Lunchbox Cookies. My daughter and I had been searching for the perfect lunchbox treat to send to school, something sweet and delicious but still healthy enough to meet the school’s strict dietary requirements. When we stumbled across this recipe, we knew we had struck gold! Not only were these cookies incredibly tasty, but they were also incredibly easy to make. I’ll never forget the look of pure joy on my daughter’s face when she tried her first bite of these delicious lunchbox cookies. Ever since then, they’ve been a staple in our household and we’ve been sharing them with family and friends ever since!
Chocolate-Coconut Lunchbox Cookies Recipe
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup shredded coconut
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Let’s make some delicious Chocolate-Coconut Lunchbox Cookies!
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, cocoa powder and salt.
- In a separate bowl, using an electric mixer, beat the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the egg and vanilla until combined.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Stir in the shredded coconut and chocolate chips.
- Using a cookie scoop, scoop the dough onto the prepared baking sheets.
- Bake the cookies for 15-20 minutes, until the edges are lightly golden.
- Let the cookies cool on the baking sheets for 10 minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Now your Chocolate-Coconut Lunchbox Cookies are ready to enjoy!
- Calories: 234
- Total Fat: 11g
- Saturated Fat: 7g
- Cholesterol: 30mg
- Sodium: 125mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 30g
- Dietary Fiber: 2g
- Sugars: 18g
- Protein: 3g
How can these cookies be stored and kept fresh?
Storing and keeping Chocolate-Coconut Lunchbox Cookies fresh is easy! To keep them crunchy and delicious, simply store them in an airtight container, such as a Mason jar or zippered food storage bag. Keep them in a cool, dry place and they will stay fresh for up to two weeks. If you want them to stay fresh even longer, put the container in the fridge. For even longer storage, you can freeze them. To do this, place the cookies in an airtight container and freeze for up to six months.
What are some creative ways to serve these cookies?
If you’re looking for some creative ways to serve up these delicious Chocolate-Coconut Lunchbox Cookies, you’ve come to the right place! From topping them with a scoop of ice cream to dunking them in a warm mug of hot chocolate, there are plenty of exciting ways to enjoy these tasty treats.
For an easy and fun way to enjoy these cookies, try adding a scoop of your favorite ice cream on top for an indulgent ice cream sandwich. You can also get creative with the ice cream flavors, like adding a scoop of mint chocolate chip to your chocolate-coconut cookie for a delicious flavor combination.
Another delicious way to enjoy these cookies is by dipping them in a warm mug of hot chocolate. The combination of the coconut and chocolate flavors will be irresistible! Plus, you can add a little bit of extra flair by topping your hot chocolate with marshmallows, whipped cream, and a sprinkle of cocoa powder or chopped nuts.
For an even more indulgent treat, try topping these cookies with a dollop of freshly whipped cream and a drizzle of chocolate syrup. This is the perfect way to enjoy a sweet and creamy treat.
These are just a few of the creative ways you can enjoy these Chocolate-Coconut Lunchbox Cookies.
What are the benefits of making chocolate-coconut lunchbox cookies?
The benefits of making Chocolate-Coconut Lunchbox Cookies are many! Here are just a few of the advantages you can look forward to:
- Deliciousness: Chocolate and coconut are a match made in heaven, and these cookies will satisfy any sweet tooth.
- Portability: These cookies are the perfect size for packing in a lunchbox.
- Versatility: The recipe is easily customizable – you can switch out the chocolate chips for nuts or dried fruit, or use your favorite type of sugar.
- Health-consciousness: These cookies are made with whole wheat flour and plenty of healthy, natural ingredients.
- Time-saver: The recipe is simple and straightforward, so you can whip up a batch of these treats in no time.
How do chocolate-coconut lunchbox cookies compare to other cookie recipes?
Chocolate-Coconut Lunchbox Cookies are a delicious and unique way to spice up your cookie selection! Not only are they full of flavor, but they are also incredibly easy to make.
Here are some of the reasons why these cookies stand out from the rest:
- They are made with simple, wholesome ingredients like coconut, oats, and cacao.
- They are incredibly delicious and are sure to satisfy any sweet tooth.
- They can be made ahead of time and stored in the freezer for up to three months.
- The addition of coconut gives them a unique flavor that can’t be found in any other cookie recipe.
- They are perfect for taking on the go as a healthy and filling snack.
- They are also great for packing in lunchboxes as a special treat.
What are some tips and tricks to successfully make chocolate-coconut lunchbox cookies?
Choose a quality recipe: Look for a recipe that has been tried and tested and is sure to produce delicious cookies.
- Premium ingredients: Use the best ingredients you can find for the tastiest results.
- Pre-measure ingredients: Measure out all of the ingredients in advance, so you can spend time baking instead of preparing.
- Grease and flour baking pan: Line the baking tray with greased parchment paper and dust with flour to prevent sticking.
- Don’t overbake: Keep an eye on the cookies while they bake and remove them from the oven when they’re just golden brown on the edges.
- Allow to cool: Let the cookies cool on the baking tray before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Add decorations: Top the cooled cookies with melted chocolate, shredded coconut, and your favorite sprinkles.
- Keep fresh: Store the cooled cookies in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days.