I’ve been making my own granola for years, but Rebecca’s Tropical Granola is something special. This recipe combines oats and coconut flakes with a mix of sweet tropical flavors like pineapple, mango, and papaya. The result is a crunchy, delicious, and nutritious breakfast that I can’t get enough of. I’m sure you’ll love it too!
Rebecca’s Tropical Granola Recipe
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1/2 cup chopped macadamia nuts
- 1/2 cup dried coconut flakes
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 cup chopped dried pineapple
- 1/2 cup chopped dried mango
- 1/4 cup chopped almonds
- 2 tablespoons sunflower seeds
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin seeds
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar
- Hey everyone, this is Rebecca! Welcome to my tropical granola recipe!
- To get started, you’ll need the following ingredients: 2 cups rolled oats, 1/2 cup chopped macadamia nuts, 1/2 cup dried coconut flakes, 1/4 cup maple syrup, 2 tablespoons honey, 2 tablespoons coconut oil (melted), 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon, 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger, 1/2 cup chopped dried pineapple, 1/2 cup chopped dried mango, 1/4 cup chopped almonds, 2 tablespoons sunflower seeds, 2 tablespoons pumpkin seeds, and 2 tablespoons coconut sugar.
- First, preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, combine the oats, macadamia nuts, coconut flakes, cinnamon, and ginger.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the maple syrup, honey, and melted coconut oil.
- Pour the wet ingredients over the dry ingredients, and mix well until everything is evenly coated.
- Spread the granola mixture onto a baking sheet and bake for about 20 minutes, stirring it every 5 minutes or so, until golden brown.
- Once the granola is done baking, transfer it to a large bowl and add in the dried pineapple, mango, almonds, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, and coconut sugar. Give everything a good stir, then let the granola cool completely.
- And that’s it! Your tropical granola is ready to enjoy. Enjoy!
- Calories: 539
- Total Fat: 26g
- Saturated Fat: 12g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Sodium: 15mg
- Total Carbohydrate: 68g
- Dietary Fiber: 6g
- Sugars: 35g
- Protein: 11g
What inspired rebecca to make this tropical granola recipe?
Rebecca was inspired to make this delicious tropical granola recipe when she took a trip to the Caribbean! She was captivated by the vibrant colors, exotic fruits, and the sweet and salty flavors of the islands. She wanted to combine those bright and tropical flavors with the wholesome and nutritious ingredients of granola to create a unique and delicious snack. She knew that the combination of flavors would be perfect for any breakfast or snack time and that everyone would enjoy it.
What makes this tropical granola different from other granola recipes?
If you’re looking for an exciting twist on your usual granola routine, Rebecca’s Tropical Granola is just what you need! This unique recipe comes with a blend of tropical flavors that can’t be found anywhere else.
For starters, Rebecca’s Tropical Granola contains dried pineapple, coconut flakes, and banana chips. These ingredients bring a sweet, fruity flavor to the dish, making it a refreshing change from ordinary granola. The combination of flavors creates a unique taste, with a hint of tartness from the pineapple, sweetness from the banana chips, and nuttiness from the coconut flakes.
Another thing that makes Rebecca’s Tropical Granola stand out is the use of chia seeds and flax seed meal. These ingredients are packed with healthy omega-3 fatty acids, and they provide a great source of fiber. Plus, they give the granola a crunchy texture that is sure to satisfy even the pickiest eaters.
And last but not least, Rebecca’s Tropical Granola is made with just the right amount of honey and maple syrup to give it a subtle sweetness without overpowering the other flavors. This makes it a great option for people who are looking for a healthier alternative to sugary granola recipes.
Whether you’re looking for a unique breakfast dish or a more nutritious snack, Rebecca’s Tropical Granola is sure to hit the spot.
What tips does rebecca have for making sure the granola is perfectly cooked?
Rebecca’s got you covered! Here are her top tips for making sure the granola is perfectly cooked every time:
- Preheat the oven to the recommended temperature before adding the granola.
- Add the granola to the baking tray and spread it out evenly.
- Bake for the specified time and check the doneness by pressing the granola gently with a spoon. If it’s still soft, give it a few extra minutes.
- Make sure to stir the granola every 10 minutes or so to ensure even cooking.
- Once the granola is golden brown, remove it from the oven and let it cool completely before storing.
How will this tropical granola make your breakfast more enjoyable?
If you’re looking for a breakfast that’s both delicious and nutritious, Rebecca’s Tropical Granola is the perfect choice! With its sweet and tropical flavor, this granola will make your breakfast more enjoyable and give you the energy you need to start your day off right.
Rebecca’s Tropical Granola is a blend of exotic ingredients such as coconut flakes, mango, macadamia nuts, and pineapple. All of these ingredients are combined together to create a flavor that’s both sweet and savory. Each serving of the granola is also packed with protein, fiber, and essential vitamins and minerals, making it a great way to start your day.
Not only is Rebecca’s Tropical Granola delicious, but it’s also incredibly versatile. Whether you’re looking for a quick snack or a complete breakfast, you can easily mix the granola with other ingredients to create a dish that’s both tasty and healthy. You can add the granola to yogurt, oatmeal, or smoothies for a burst of flavor. You could even top your favorite ice cream with the granola to create a delicious treat.
Rebecca’s Tropical Granola is the perfect addition to any breakfast. With its delicious flavor and health benefits, this granola will make your breakfast more enjoyable and help you start your day off right.
What combination of ingredients make this tropical granola so flavorful and crunchy?
Rebecca’s Tropical Granola is truly special, and it’s all thanks to the perfect combination of ingredients! The oats provide a crunchy base, while unsweetened coconut flakes give it a tropical vibe. The sweetness comes from a mix of agave nectar and honey, and a handful of chopped almonds and pumpkin seeds add a bit of crunchiness. Finally, a sprinkle of cinnamon and nutmeg bring a delightful depth of flavor. Altogether, these ingredients combine to create a crunchy, flavorful, and undeniably tropical granola that’s sure to please.
How can you customize this tropical granola recipe to your flavor preferences?
You can customize Rebecca’s Tropical Granola to your own flavor preferences with just a few simple tweaks! Start by swapping out the coconut for a different nut or seed, such as almonds, cashews, or sunflower seeds. You can also add your favorite dried fruits, like dried cranberries or dried apricots, or even some chocolate chips for a sweet and decadent twist. For extra crunch, you can add some chopped peanuts or walnuts. Lastly, you can adjust the sweetness level by adjusting the amount of sugar or honey.
What unique topping ideas does rebecca suggest to make this tropical granola even more delicious?
Rebecca suggests a few unique topping ideas to make her Tropical Granola even more delicious! She suggests adding a scoop of yogurt with a sprinkle of coconut flakes, a sprinkle of chia seeds and a drizzle of honey for an extra sweet flavor. You can also add a dollop of nut butter for a rich, creamy texture and nutty flavor. For an extra crunchy topping, Rebecca suggests chopped macadamia nuts or toasted almonds. Finally, don’t forget to top it off with some fresh fruit, like diced mango or banana slices, for a tropical flair.