This cake is a moist and flavorful peanut butter cake that is perfect for any occasion. It has a light and fluffy texture that will melt in your mouth, and the peanut butter flavor is very well balanced. The cake is topped with a rich chocolate ganache, which makes it even more irresistible.
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup softened butter
- 4 eggs
- 1 (18.25 ounce) package butter cake mix
- 2/3 cup water
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup softened butter
- 4 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C) and grease two 9 inch round cake pans.
2. In a bowl, cream 1/2 cup peanut butter and 1/2 cup softened butter together until light and fluffy.
3. Add eggs one at a time while mixing well after each addition.
4. Add cake mix alternately with the water while stirring until just combined then pour batter into prepared pans.
5. Bake at 325 degrees Fahrenheit for 25 minutes or until cake tests done then allow to cool in pan for 10 minutes before turning out onto cooling rack to finish cooling completely..
6. Prepare Peanut Butter Frosting by combining 1 cup peanut butter and 1/2 cup softened butter in a bowl and creaming together until light and fluffy then add confectioners sugar..
7. Mix in enough cream to make the frosting of a spreading consistency then apply it to cooled cake once assembled
- Serving size: 1 slice
- Calories: 550
- Fat: 30 g
- Saturated fat: 12 g
- Unsaturated fat: 16 g