This coffee cake is full of festive flavor! The sourness of the cranberries is perfectly balanced by the sweetness of the cake and frosting. And the swirl design is so pretty, it’s sure to impress your holiday guests!
- Cranberry Swirl Coffeecake:
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda ½ cup blanched slivered almonds, toasted (optional)
- For the Cranberry Swirl: 1 (16 ounce) can whole cranberry sauce
- For the Glaze: ¾ cup confectioners’ sugar, 1 tablespoon warm water, ½ teaspoon almond extract
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour one 9 inch tube pan.
Cream butter or margarine adding sugar gradually. Add eggs one at time. Beating with an electric mixture on medium speed.
Mix together flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. With electric beaters on low speed add flour mixture alternately with sour cream to butter mixture, ending with flour mix (do not overbeat). Stir in 1 teaspoon of almond extract.
Put a layer of half the batter in the pan the bottom of the pan, than a layer of whole cranberry sauce (1/2 the can). Repeat once more with the remaining batter and cranberry sauce. Sprinkle slivered almonds on top if desired..
Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 50 minutes. Remove from pan after slightly cooling
- Serving Size: 1/12 of a recipe (2.8 ounces)
- Calories: 281
- Calories from Fat: 117
- *Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
- Amount Per Serving %DV*
- *Total Fat 13g 20% Saturated Fat 6.4g 32% Cholesterol 58mg 19% Sodium 342mg 14% Total Carbohydrates 35.7g 12% Dietary Fiber 0.5g 2% Sugars 22.3g Protein 4.1