I’m so excited to share my favorite recipe with you – pandan chiffon cake! I’ve been making this scrumptious cake for years now, and it’s always a hit with my family and friends. The unique flavor of pandan leaves mixed with fluffy chiffon cake is a perfect combination to make any occasion extra special. The best part about this recipe is that it’s surprisingly easy to make – no special baking skills required! So let’s get started and make this delightful pandan chiffon cake together!
Pandan Chiffon Cake Recipe
- 2 large eggs
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon pandan paste
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/3 cup full-fat coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease a 9-inch springform pan and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Slowly add the oil, pandan paste, salt, flour, baking powder, coconut milk, and vanilla extract and mix until fully combined.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 45-50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Let the cake cool in the pan for 10 minutes before removing it from the pan and transferring it to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Slice, serve, and enjoy your delicious pandan chiffon cake!
- Calories: 343
- Total Fat: 15g
- Saturated Fat: 3g
- Cholesterol: 93mg
- Sodium: 118mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 46g
- Dietary Fiber: 1g
- Sugars: 24g
- Protein: 7g
Have you ever tried making a pandan chiffon cake?
Yes, you should definitely try making a pandan chiffon cake! It’s an incredibly delicious and unique cake with a texture unlike any other. With its light and airy texture, pandan chiffon cake is a great treat for any occasion.
When making a pandan chiffon cake, you need to first make the pandan-infused cake batter. The batter is made from coconut milk, pandan juice, and other ingredients like egg whites, sugar, and flour. When all the ingredients are mixed together, the resulting batter should be light, fluffy, and fragrant.
The next step is to bake the pandan chiffon cake in a large ring cake pan. You should bake the cake at a low temperature for a longer period of time. This ensures that the cake will rise to its full height and will have a light, fluffy texture. Once your cake is ready, you can decorate it with pandan leaves and icing sugar.
Pandan chiffon cake is a unique and delicious cake that is perfect for any occasion.
What tips do you need to know to make the perfect pandan chiffon cake?
If you want to make the perfect pandan chiffon cake, here are some tips you should keep in mind:
- Follow a reliable recipe – Pandan chiffon cakes can be tricky to make, so it’s best to use a tried and tested recipe.
- Use fresh pandan leaves – Nothing beats the flavor of freshly-cut pandan leaves.
- Whip the egg whites properly – Make sure to whisk the egg whites until they create stiff peaks.
- Grease the pan before baking – Grease the pan thoroughly with butter or cooking spray to ensure that the cake won’t stick.
- Let it cool before serving – Pandan chiffon cakes need to be cooled down before serving.
What makes this cake so special?
You’re absolutely in for a treat when you sink your fork into a slice of Pandan Chiffon Cake! This moist and light sponge cake is the perfect balance of sweet and fragrant, thanks to the secret ingredient – pandan. This Southeast Asian plant lends its unmistakable aroma and flavor to the cake, making it stand out from all the other sweet treats.
Aside from the pandan, what else makes this cake so special? Well, this cake is made with a light, airy chiffon cake batter, which is made using a unique process involving separating the eggs and folding in the meringue. This gives the cake its extra-fluffy texture, making it a real delight to enjoy.
Another thing that sets this cake apart is its vibrant, natural green color. This is achieved without any artificial food dyes and instead is derived from the pandan extract that is blended into the batter.
But, what really makes this cake stand out is the delicious combination of pandan and coconut. The coconut gives the cake an added subtle sweetness and a faint coconut aroma, while the pandan adds a unique flavor and aroma that you can’t find anywhere else.
What are the unique ingredients used in this cake?
Making a Pandan Chiffon Cake is an exciting adventure! The unique ingredients that you’ll need to make this cake are pandan extract, coconut milk, and coconut flakes.
Pandan extract is the star of the show here. It is an extract derived from a tropical plant native to Southeast Asia and gives the cake its unique flavor. Its flavor is sweet and nutty, like a combination of vanilla and almond.
Coconut milk and flakes are used to give the cake its moist texture and to give it a hint of coconut-y goodness. The flakes add a subtle crunch, which is a nice contrast to the soft cake.
These three ingredients are essential for making a Pandan Chiffon Cake. If you don’t have any of these ingredients, you won’t be able to make this delicious cake. So, make sure you have all the ingredients on hand before you start baking.
What does the texture of the pandan chiffon cake feel like?
Pandan Chiffon Cake is a delightfully light and fluffy treat! Its texture is like a cloud; it’s soft, airy, and melts in your mouth with every bite. Each slice of this cake is delicate and springy, with a slightly chewy texture. The cake is also slightly moist, making it a delicious and satisfying snack.
The cake’s main ingredients, namely egg whites and pandan extract, help to create a light and fluffy texture. The egg whites are whipped into stiff peaks and aerated with the pandan extract to make a foam-like consistency. This makes the cake light and airy, with a slightly chewy texture. The pandan extract also brings a natural sweetness and flavor to the cake, which enhances its overall taste.
The Pandan Chiffon Cake is a unique and flavorful dessert that is sure to please.
What are some creative ways to decorate the pandan chiffon cake?
You can get creative with your pandan chiffon cake decorations! Here are some ideas to get you started:
- Make a pattern with colored icing. With a few different colors of icing, you can create an eye-catching design, like stars, stripes, or even a polka-dot pattern. Just be sure that the color of the icing you choose complements the natural green of the pandan cake.
- Garnish with fresh flowers. A few sprigs of edible flowers will really bring your cake to life. Choose flowers that pair well with the flavor of the pandan cake, such as jasmine, lavender, or rose.
- Add a layer of coconut flakes. Topping your pandan chiffon cake with a layer of toasted coconut flakes will add texture and flavor. Just be sure to toast the flakes first to bring out their flavor.
- Decorate with chocolate. Chocolate and pandan are a classic combination. Sprinkle some finely chopped dark chocolate over the top of your pandan chiffon cake for a sweet and indulgent touch.
- Finish with a dusting of icing sugar. A light dusting of icing sugar will give your pandan chiffon cake a beautiful glistening finish.
Have fun experimenting with different decorations and find what works best for you! Your pandan chiffon cake will be sure to stand out and impress.
How can you serve the pandan chiffon cake to make it extra special?
You can make a pandan chiffon cake extra special by serving it with a dollop of freshly whipped cream, or a scoop of your favorite ice cream. For a more decadent experience, try adding a drizzle of condensed milk or a sprinkle of toasted coconut flakes.