When I was a kid, my family used to make this amazing Jalapeno-Bacon Stuffing every Thanksgiving. It was the highlight of the meal and I would wait all year for it. Every bite was filled with the smoky flavor of bacon, the heat of jalapenos, and the savory goodness of stuffing. It was so delicious that it quickly became a family favorite. I’m so excited to share this recipe with you, so that you can create your own amazing Jalapeno-Bacon Stuffing. Enjoy!
Jalapeno-Bacon Stuffing Recipe
- 6 slices of bacon
- 4 stalks of celery, chopped
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2 jalapenos, seeded and minced
- 4 cups of cubed, stale white bread
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon ground sage
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Welcome to my jalapeno-bacon stuffing recipe! This recipe is an easy and delicious way to make a unique stuffing.
- To get started, let’s gather all of our ingredients. We’ll need 6 slices of bacon, 4 stalks of celery, chopped; 1 large onion, diced; 2 jalapenos, seeded and minced; 4 cups of cubed, stale white bread; 2 cloves of garlic, minced; 2 tablespoons of butter; 3/4 teaspoon of dried oregano; 1/2 teaspoon of ground sage; 2 tablespoons of chopped fresh parsley; 2 eggs, lightly beaten; 3/4 cup of chicken broth; and salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste.
- Now that we have all of our ingredients, let’s begin prepping! First, let’s start by cooking the bacon in a large skillet over medium-high heat until crispy. Once finished, transfer the bacon to a paper towel-lined plate and let cool. Reserve 2 tablespoons of bacon grease in the skillet.
- Next, add the celery, onion, and jalapenos to the skillet with the bacon grease and cook until softened, about 5 minutes. Now add the garlic and cook for an additional 1 minute. Finally, add the butter and stir until melted.
- Now, add the cubed white bread, oregano, sage, parsley, and bacon to the skillet and stir to combine. In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs and chicken broth and pour over the bread mixture. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Now, it’s time to bake! Preheat your oven to 350°F. Transfer the stuffing mixture to a 9×13 inch baking dish and bake for 45 minutes, or until the top is golden brown. Let the stuffing cool for 10 minutes before serving.
- And that’s it! I hope you enjoy my jalapeno-bacon stuffing recipe. Enjoy!
- Calories: 327 kcal
- Fat: 15 g
- Saturated Fat: 6 g
- Cholesterol: 86 mg
- Sodium: 624 mg
- Carbohydrates: 33 g
- Fiber: 4 g
- Sugar: 3 g
- Protein: 12 g
What makes jalapeno-bacon stuffing so special?
Jalapeno-bacon stuffing is special because it combines two classic flavors that are sure to make your taste buds dance! Crispy bacon and spicy jalapenos come together to create an irresistible combination of salty, smoky, and spicy flavors. It’s the perfect addition to any meal and a guaranteed crowd pleaser.
This dish is also incredibly versatile. You can customize the flavor by adding extra jalapenos for more heat or substituting different types of bacon to mix up the flavor. You can also use different types of bread such as sourdough, Italian or French bread for a unique texture. No matter how you make it, jalapeno-bacon stuffing is sure to be a hit!
Not only is jalapeno-bacon stuffing delicious, it’s also surprisingly easy to make. You can make it ahead of time and bake it off at the last minute. It’s also great for meal prepping, as the flavors continue to get better after a few days in the fridge. Plus, it’s a great way to use up any leftovers in the fridge.
At the end of the day, jalapeno-bacon stuffing is special because it’s delicious, versatile, and easy to make. It’s the perfect way to add a little zip and sizzle to any meal.
What are the different ways you can serve jalapeno-bacon stuffing?
There are so many delicious ways to serve jalapeno-bacon stuffing! Whether you’re a fan of traditional stuffing recipes, or you’re looking to mix it up with something new, you’ll find something to love here. Here are some of the best ways to serve up this tasty jalapeno-bacon stuffing.
- Stuff it in a Bell Pepper: Cut the top off a bell pepper and stuff it with your jalapeno-bacon stuffing. Bake for about 20 minutes and you’ve got a delicious and healthy meal.
- Make Stuffed Mushrooms: Stuff your jalapeno-bacon stuffing into mushrooms for a delicious appetizer or side dish. Bake for about 15 minutes and you’re ready to serve.
- Turn it into a Casserole: Layer your jalapeno-bacon stuffing with cheese, vegetables, and a creamy sauce and bake until golden brown. It’s a delicious twist on the classic dish.
- Use it in Tacos: Stuff tacos with your jalapeno-bacon stuffing and top with cheese, sour cream, and salsa for a delicious, easy meal.
- Stuff Your Turkey: Stuffing your turkey with jalapeno-bacon stuffing adds a whole new level of flavor to the traditional Thanksgiving dish.
As you can see, there are many delicious ways to serve jalapeno-bacon stuffing. From stuffed bell peppers to tacos, you’re sure to find something that suits your taste.
What are the health benefits of jalapeno-bacon stuffing?
The health benefits of jalapeno-bacon stuffing are numerous! This delicious holiday side dish is packed with flavor and nutrition, making it an excellent addition to your holiday table. Here are just a few of the health benefits you can look forward to when you enjoy some jalapeno-bacon stuffing:
- High in Protein: Bacon is one of the main ingredients in this stuffing, and it’s an excellent source of protein. Protein helps keep you feeling fuller for longer, and it also helps to maintain your muscle tone.
- Contains Healthy Fats: The bacon in the stuffing also provides healthy fats that can help to keep your heart and cholesterol levels healthy.
- Rich in Vitamins and Minerals: Jalapenos are packed with vitamins and minerals, including vitamin A, C, and E, as well as iron and calcium. These nutrients can help support a healthy immune system and keep you feeling energized.
- Low in Calories: This stuffing is surprisingly low in calories, making it an excellent option if you’re watching your weight.
What tips do you have for making the perfect jalapeno-bacon stuffing?
Make sure you use plenty of bacon and jalapenos to get the right flavor. For a true jalapeno-bacon flavor, use five strips of bacon and two jalapenos, chopped.
- Use the bacon fat to sauté your vegetables. This will give your stuffing a rich, smoky flavor.
- For a creamy stuffing, add a generous amount of cream cheese to your mixture.
- For extra crunch, add some cornbread crumbs or crushed tortilla chips to the mixture.
- Use a generous amount of spices, such as garlic powder, oregano, black pepper, cumin, and chili powder, to really bring out the flavor of the jalapeno-bacon stuffing.
- If you’re looking for a sweeter stuffing, add some maple syrup or brown sugar to the mix.
- Finally, finish off your stuffing with a sprinkle of grated cheese. This will give it a beautiful, melted finish.
How can you make your jalapeno-bacon stuffing even more flavorful?
If you want to make your jalapeno-bacon stuffing even more flavorful, you should definitely consider adding some extra ingredients! There are a few simple ingredients that can really elevate your stuffing from good to amazing. Here are some ideas to get you started.
First, consider adding some diced onions. Onions add a great savory flavor that goes perfectly with the jalapeno-bacon combination. You can also add some diced celery, which adds a nice crunch as well as a subtle sweetness.
Next, consider adding some herbs and spices. Fresh herbs such as parsley, thyme, and rosemary add a wonderful aroma and flavor profile to the stuffing. For a bit of heat, try adding some cayenne pepper or crushed red pepper flakes.
Finally, consider adding some diced bell peppers or mushrooms. Bell peppers add a great sweetness that pairs well with the smoky bacon flavor, while mushrooms add an earthy flavor. Both are excellent additions to the stuffing.
With just a few simple ingredients, you can make your jalapeno-bacon stuffing even more flavorful. So don’t be afraid to experiment and find the perfect combination of ingredients to create a truly delicious and memorable dish.
How can you adapt jalapeno-bacon stuffing to suit different dietary restrictions?
Yes! Everyone can enjoy jalapeno-bacon stuffing thanks to some simple modifications. This delicious dish can be adapted to fit any number of dietary restrictions, from vegan to gluten-free. Here are a few ideas to get you started.
For vegans, you can substitute the bacon with vegan-friendly alternatives like diced mushrooms, eggplant, or tempeh. You can also use vegetable broth instead of chicken broth and vegan margarine instead of butter.
For gluten-free diners, you can use gluten-free bread crumbs or crushed rice crackers in place of the traditional bread crumbs. You can also use gluten-free flour instead of all-purpose for the roux.
For those who need to avoid dairy, you can replace the butter with vegan margarine or olive oil. You can also use coconut milk in place of the cream for a dairy-free variation.