These crispy chicken thighs are infused with the flavors of curry, ginger, and garlic, and served over a bed of wilted greens. This dish is healthy, flavorful, and easy to make. It’s the perfect weeknight meal for when you’re craving something hearty and satisfying.
- -6 bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs (about 2 pounds)
- -2 tablespoons curry powder
- -1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- -1/2 teaspoon pepper
- -1 tablespoon olive oil
- -1 yellow onion, sliced thinly lengthwise
- -2 cloves garlic, minced
- -1/3 cup chicken broth or water
- -‘6 to 8 cups greens (like beet greens, kale, chard, baby spinach)’ //I would use whatever green you have on hand
- Lemon wedges (optional) //for serving
1. Preheat the oven to 400°F.
2. In a large bowl, toss chicken with curry powder, salt, pepper, and olive oil until well coated.
3. Warm a large skillet over medium-high heat and place chicken in it skin-side down. Cook for 3 minutes or until crispy and some fat has rendered out.
4. Flip chicken over so it’s skin-side up in the skillet then transfer to the oven and roast for 16 to 18 minutes or until cooked through with an internal temperature of 165°F degrees..
5 Remove from oven then let rest for 5 minutes before adding to a serving platter with greens spooning some of the liquid from pan over top (or serve right from skillet).
6 Add lemon wedges around and garnish with fresh herbs and thinly sliced green onion if desired
- Saturated Fat: