I love the combination of succulent chicken and earthy mushrooms in a creamy sauce, and this Chicken and Mushrooms in Cream Sauce recipe is one of my all-time favorites. I’ve been making it for years and it’s always a hit with family and friends. The combination of ingredients creates a rich and flavorful dish that’s sure to please everyone. Plus, it’s easy to make and can be served with a variety of sides.
Chicken And Mushrooms In Cream Sauce Recipe
- 1. 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2. ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 3. ½ teaspoon paprika
- 4. 1 pinch salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 5. 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
- 6. 1 ½ cups sliced mushrooms
- 7. ½ cup chopped shallot
- 8. ½ cup chopped sun-dried tomatoes
- 9. 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 10. 1 cup chicken broth
- 11. 1 cup dry white wine
- 12. 2 cups heavy cream
- 13. 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil
- 14. 4 medium zucchini, spiralized
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Place the chicken breasts in a bowl and season with paprika, salt and pepper.
- In a shallow dish, combine the flour and paprika. Coat the chicken breasts in the flour mixture.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Once the butter is melted, add the chicken and cook for 5 minutes, flipping once, until golden brown. Transfer the chicken to a baking sheet and bake in the preheated oven for 15 minutes, or until cooked through.
- Reduce the heat to medium and melt the remaining 2 tablespoons of butter in the same skillet. Add the mushrooms, shallot, sun-dried tomatoes, and garlic and cook until the vegetables are tender, about 8 minutes.
- Pour in the chicken broth and white wine and bring the mixture to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer until the liquid is reduced by half, about 5 minutes.
- Pour in the cream and cook for 2 minutes. Add the basil and season with salt and pepper.
- Place the chicken on a plate and top with the mushroom and cream sauce.
- In a separate skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of butter over medium heat. Add the spiralized zucchini and cook until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Serve the chicken and mushroom cream sauce with the spiralized zucchini. Enjoy!
- Serving size: 1 chicken breast, 1/4 cup mushroom and cream sauce, 1/2 cup spiralized zucchini
- Calories: 280
- Fat: 12g
- Saturated Fat: 7g
- Cholesterol: 85mg
- Sodium: 380mg
- Carbohydrates: 17g
- Fiber: 2g
- Sugar: 5g
- Protein: 24g
Comparison of chicken and mushrooms in a cream sauce vs. other sauces
When it comes to chicken and mushrooms in a cream sauce, the combination stands out for its richness and depth of flavor. Compared to other sauces, such as tomato sauce, pesto sauce, or even béchamel sauce, the cream sauce brings a unique creamy texture and subtle sweetness. In addition, the combination of chicken and mushrooms provides a contrast in textures, making it an ideal pairing for a creamy sauce.
The richness and sweetness of the cream sauce is also well-suited for the earthy flavors of the chicken and mushrooms. The velvety smooth texture of the cream sauce helps to draw out the umami flavor of the mushrooms, while the chicken provides a hearty bite to the dish. This contrast in textures and flavors makes the cream sauce a favorite among those who appreciate a flavorful meal.
In comparison to other sauces, the cream sauce also stands out for its versatility. It can be used to create a mouth-watering variety of dishes, from creamy pasta bakes to savory soups. The cream sauce also works well for a variety of different types of meat, such as beef and pork, making it a great choice for any dinner menu.
When it comes to chicken and mushrooms in a cream sauce, the combination stands out for its flavor, texture, and versatility. Compared to other sauces, the cream sauce offers a unique richness and sweetness that adds depth and flavor to any dish. Additionally, the cream sauce is a favorite among those who appreciate a flavorful meal and its versatility makes it a great choice for any dinner menu.
Ideas for using leftovers from chicken and mushrooms in a cream sauce
There are many delicious ways to use leftover chicken and mushrooms in cream sauce. From quick and easy meals to more time-consuming meals, these ideas will help you make the most of your leftovers.
One of the easiest ways to use leftover chicken and mushrooms in cream sauce is to turn them into a comforting chicken pot pie. All you need to do is layer the ingredients in a pie dish and bake until golden. You can also add fresh vegetables, such as carrots and peas, for an even heartier dish.
Another delicious way to use leftover chicken and mushrooms in cream sauce is to turn them into a comforting pasta dish. Just cook some pasta of your choice, mix in the chicken and mushrooms, and top with a generous amount of cream sauce. You can also add vegetables or even shredded cheese if desired.
If you want to make a more creative meal, try turning the leftovers into a creamy chicken and mushroom risotto. Simply sauté some onions, garlic, and mushrooms, add the chicken, and then stir in some cooked risotto. Finish by stirring in the cream sauce and any additional flavors you like, such as spices or herbs.
Finally, you can use the leftovers to make a cheesy chicken and mushroom quesadilla. Just layer the ingredients in a tortilla, top with shredded cheese, and cook until golden brown. Serve with a dollop of sour cream and your favorite salsa for a flavorful meal.
These are just a few ideas for using leftover chicken and mushrooms in cream sauce. With a few simple ingredients and a bit of creativity, you can make a delicious and satisfying meal with minimal effort.
Benefits of adding chicken and mushrooms to your diet
Adding chicken and mushrooms to your diet can offer numerous health benefits. Here are some of the top benefits:
- High Protein: Chicken is a great source of lean protein, helping to keep you full and energized throughout the day. Mushrooms are also a great source of protein and are low in calories.
- Rich in Vitamins and Minerals: Chicken and mushrooms contain essential vitamins and minerals, such as Vitamin D, Vitamin B6, iron, and potassium. These vitamins and minerals help to keep your body functioning properly and can help to support your immune system.
- Low in Fat: Both chicken and mushrooms are low in fat, making them a healthy addition to any diet. They also contain healthy fats, such as omega-3 fatty acids, which help to support heart health.
- Antioxidants: Mushrooms are a great source of antioxidants, which can help to fight free radicals and reduce inflammation.
- Fiber: Both chicken and mushrooms contain dietary fiber, which helps to keep your digestive system running smoothly and helps to reduce cholesterol levels.
In addition to the nutritional benefits of adding chicken and mushrooms to your diet, there are also many delicious recipes that you can make with them. Chicken and mushrooms in cream sauce is a great option, as it is both nutritious and delicious.
How to incorporate chicken and mushrooms in a cream sauce into your weekly meal plans
Incorporating Chicken and Mushrooms in a Cream Sauce into your weekly meal plan is easy and can provide a delicious and nutritious meal.
- Start by prepping the ingredients. This includes dicing the chicken into cubes, slicing the mushrooms, and chopping any other vegetables you are adding.
- Next, heat some oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. When the oil is hot, add the chicken and cook until it is lightly browned. Then, add the mushrooms and vegetables and cook until they are soft.
- Once the vegetables are softened, add the cream sauce to the skillet. Stir until everything is evenly coated. Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Serve over your favorite type of starch such as rice, noodles, or potatoes. Enjoy!.
- This dish can easily be prepped ahead of time and stored in the fridge for up to three days. To reheat, simply put it in a skillet over medium-high heat and stir until the dish is hot.
- For a quick weeknight dinner, try making a double batch of Chicken and Mushrooms in a Cream Sauce at the beginning of the week and use it in different meals throughout the week.
Tips for selecting quality chicken and mushrooms to use in a cream sauce
Buy the freshest chicken and mushrooms that you can find. Fresh chicken should not have any unpleasant odors and should be firm to the touch. The mushrooms should have no visible signs of mold.
- Look for chicken breasts, thighs or legs that are firm, have a good color, and have no signs of bad spots or bruising. Avoid chicken products that have been previously frozen.
- Choose mushrooms that have a firm texture, are clean, and have a pleasant smell. Avoid mushrooms that have soft spots or have a slimy texture.
- Look for chicken and mushrooms that have been raised without the use of antibiotics, hormones, or other artificial additives.
- Select mushrooms that are small to medium in size, as they will be easier to work with when preparing the cream sauce.
- Although more expensive, organic chicken and mushrooms are typically of higher quality and may be a better choice for use in a cream sauce.