Who doesn’t love a sweet treat every once in a while? I know I do, and I’m excited to share with you one of my favorite recipes of all time, Saltine Cracker Pie! This simple yet delicious dessert is a hit with everyone who tries it, and it’s the perfect way to finish off a dinner party. I’ve been making it for years, and I’m confident that you’ll love it just as much as I do. So what are you waiting for? Let’s get baking!
Saltine Cracker Pie Recipe
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups crushed saltine crackers
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup toffee bits
- 1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk
- Preheat your oven to 350°F.
- In a medium-sized bowl, cream together the 1/2 cup of butter and 1/2 cup of white sugar using an electric mixer until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the 2 eggs, one at a time.
- Add 1/4 teaspoon of salt and mix until fully incorporated.
- Now, stir in the 2 cups of crushed saltine crackers until the mixture comes together.
- Spread the mixture evenly into a 9 inch pie plate.
- Sprinkle the 1/2 cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips and 1/2 cup of toffee bits over the top of the pie crust.
- Drizzle the 1/2 cup of sweetened condensed milk over the top of the pie.
- Pop it into the preheated oven and bake for 45 minutes.
- Let the pie cool for at least 15 minutes before serving.
- Enjoy your Saltine Cracker Pie!
- Calories: 420
- Fat: 21g
- Carbohydrates: 49g
- Protein: 7g
- Sodium: 478mg
- Cholesterol: 73mg
What is saltine cracker pie?
Saltine cracker pie is a delicious and easy-to-make dessert that combines salty and sweet flavors. It’s crunchy, creamy, and so tasty! The main ingredients are saltine crackers, butter, sugar, and heavy cream – but you can also add chocolate chips, peanut butter, or other mix-ins. It’s a great way to use up those old boxes of saltines in the pantry and you can have a delicious pie ready to serve in no time.
What are the origins of saltine cracker pie?
Saltine Cracker Pie is an American classic, but where did it come from? It has been around since the early 1900s and is believed to have originated in the Southern United States. Its popularity has spread across the nation and it is now enjoyed by people from all walks of life.
The origin of this pie is somewhat of a mystery, but it is believed that it began when homemakers in the South took leftover saltine crackers and transformed them into a dessert. It is believed that the pie was made as an economical way to use up leftover ingredients.
The recipe for Saltine Cracker Pie was first published in a cookbook in the early 1950s. Since then, it has become a beloved classic for many families. Over the years, recipes for Saltine Cracker Pie have evolved and adapted to include a variety of ingredients, such as chocolate chips, nuts, and marshmallows. It can be served as a sweet treat, or as a savory main dish.
Saltine Cracker Pie is a delicious and easy-to-make recipe that has stood the test of time. Whether you’re looking for a delicious dessert or a hearty main dish, Saltine Cracker Pie is sure to please.
How do you make saltine cracker pie?
Making Saltine Cracker Pie is super easy and the results are always delicious! Here’s what you need to do:
- Preheat your oven to 350°F and spray a 9 inch pie pan with cooking spray.
- Arrange saltine crackers in a single layer on the bottom of the pan.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine 1/2 cup of melted butter, 1 cup of packed brown sugar, and 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract. Whisk until smooth.
- Pour this mixture over the crackers in the pie pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for 15-20 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Cool for 10 minutes.
- Top with ice cream or whipped cream for an extra special treat.
What are some tips and tricks for making the best saltine cracker pie?
Start by preheating the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Crush the saltines and mix them with melted butter until they are evenly coated.
- Press the saltine mixture into an ungreased 9-inch pie plate and bake for 8-10 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla until smooth.
- Spread the cream cheese mixture over the crust and top with your favorite fruit or a combination of fruits.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until the top is lightly golden brown.
- Allow the pie to cool completely before serving.
- To make the pie extra special, top with a sprinkle of cinnamon or some melted chocolate.
What is the texture of saltine cracker pie?
Saltine Cracker Pie has a delightfully crunchy texture! The salty crackers form a delicious and crispy crust that contrasts perfectly with the creamy, silky smooth filling. And, because it’s made with just a handful of simple ingredients, it’s an easy and flavorful dessert that everyone can enjoy.
What is the taste of saltine cracker pie?
Saltine cracker pie is simply delicious! It’s a unique blend of sweet and salty flavors, with a crunchy texture that is sure to satisfy any craving. The pie has a light and buttery crust made of crushed Saltine crackers, and it is filled with a creamy and sweet filling that can be customized with your favorite flavors.
The taste of the pie depends on the ingredients used, but it usually has a sweet and salty flavor with a hint of butter. The saltines add a subtle salty flavor that complements the sweetness of the filling. The crunchy texture also adds an element of texture to the pie. The pie can be served warm or cold, and it is sure to be a hit with family and friends.
If you want to give your pie an extra kick, you can top it with a sprinkle of cinnamon or nutmeg. The combination of flavors creates an amazing flavor that will have you coming back for more. Saltine cracker pie is an easy and delicious dessert that will quickly become a favorite.
What are some variations of saltine cracker pie?
There are so many delicious variations of saltine cracker pie that it’s hard to pick just one! From classic recipes to creative twists, you can make this classic dessert just the way you like it. Here are a few of our favorite variations:
- Chocolate Chip Saltine Cracker Pie: Add some chocolate chips to your classic saltine cracker pie for a delicious combination of sweet and salty.
- Salted Caramel Saltine Cracker Pie: Add some salted caramel sauce to your traditional saltine cracker pie for an irresistible dessert that’s sure to please.
- Peanut Butter Saltine Cracker Pie: If you’re a fan of the classic PB & J combination, then you’ll love this version of saltine cracker pie. Just top your traditional pie with a layer of your favorite peanut butter and jelly to create a unique and delicious treat.
- Banana Cream Saltine Cracker Pie: If you’re looking for something a bit more exotic, then try this tropical twist on the classic dessert. Layer your traditional saltine cracker pie with banana slices and top with a rich and creamy banana cream topping.
With so many variations of saltine cracker pie, the possibilities are endless! No matter which variation you choose, you’re sure to be in for a treat.