I’ve been making these delicious pumpkin streusel muffins for years, and I can honestly say that they are the best I’ve ever tasted! They are so moist and flavorful thanks to the rich pumpkin puree and the crunchy streusel topping makes them irresistible. I always get compliments from friends and family when I make these muffins, so I’m excited to share the recipe with you! Let’s get baking!
Pumpkin Streusel Muffins Recipe
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 can (15 ounces) pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- Streusel Topping:
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons chopped pecans (optional)
- Get ready to make some delicious pumpkin streusel muffins! Let’s start by gathering your ingredients – you’ll need 2 cups of all-purpose flour, 1 teaspoon baking powder, 1 teaspoon baking soda, 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon, 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg, 1/4 teaspoon salt, 2 eggs, 1/2 cup brown sugar, 1/2 cup granulated sugar, 1 can (15 ounces) of pumpkin puree, and 1/2 cup of vegetable oil.
- Now, let’s make the streusel topping. Combine 1/4 cup all-purpose flour, 2 tablespoons granulated sugar, 2 tablespoons light brown sugar, 2 tablespoons butter (melted) and 2 tablespoons chopped pecans (optional). Set aside.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt.
- In a different bowl, whisk together the eggs, brown sugar, granulated sugar, pumpkin puree and vegetable oil until well combined.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir until just combined.
- Line a muffin tin with liners and fill each cup with the batter. Sprinkle the streusel topping over the muffins.
- Bake the muffins for 20-25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Let the muffins cool in the pan for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Enjoy your delicious pumpkin streusel muffins!
- Calories: 400
- Total Fat: 14g
- Saturated Fat: 6g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Cholesterol: 60mg
- Sodium: 340mg
- Carbohydrates: 61g
- Fiber: 3g
- Sugar: 36g
- Protein: 6g
What is so special about pumpkin streusel muffins?
Pumpkin streusel muffins are a seasonal treat that are truly special! They combine the deliciousness of pumpkin muffins with the crunchy sweetness of a streusel topping. Plus, these muffins are super easy to make and only take about 30 minutes to bake.
To make the muffins, you’ll mix together pumpkin puree, spices, eggs, and sugar. Then you’ll add the dry ingredients – flour, baking powder, and baking soda. The batter will be thick and fragrant. To finish, you’ll prepare a streusel topping with sugar, cinnamon, and butter. Sprinkle the streusel topping over the muffins and then bake them in the oven until golden brown.
When the muffins are done baking, you’ll be rewarded with a soft center and a crunchy streusel topping. The combination of pumpkin and spices is comforting and warm. The streusel topping adds a hint of sweetness that ties it all together. Every bite is sure to be a treat!
So, what is so special about pumpkin streusel muffins? Well, the flavor and texture are unbeatable! Plus, these muffins are quick and easy to make, so you can enjoy a homemade treat without spending a lot of time in the kitchen.
How do you make pumpkin streusel muffins from scratch?
It’s surprisingly easy to make delicious pumpkin streusel muffins from scratch! Here’s how you can whip up a batch of these scrumptious treats in no time.
- Gather the necessary ingredients: all-purpose flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, ground cinnamon, vegetable oil, eggs, vanilla extract, pumpkin puree, and brown sugar.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease a 12-cup muffin tin with butter or cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, mix together the dry ingredients – flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon – until combined.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the wet ingredients – oil, eggs, vanilla, pumpkin puree, and brown sugar – until combined.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir until just combined. Don’t overmix.
- Divide the batter evenly among the 12 muffin tins.
- Prepare the streusel topping by combining brown sugar, cinnamon, and melted butter in a small bowl. Sprinkle the topping on each muffin.
- Bake the muffins for 18-20 minutes. Use a toothpick to test if the muffins are done: if the toothpick comes out clean, then the muffins are ready.
- Let the muffins cool in the muffin tin for 5-10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
What are some tips and tricks for baking pumpkin streusel muffins?
Here are some tips and tricks for baking the perfect pumpkin streusel muffins:
- Use the right pumpkin puree – Make sure you’re using pumpkin puree that’s not too watery or too thick. The perfect consistency will give you the best results.
- Substitute the butter – Use oil instead of butter to get a moist and fluffy texture.
- Incorporate spices – Don’t forget to add the spices! A sprinkle of cinnamon, nutmeg, and ginger will add a delicious flavor to your muffins.
- Don’t overmix – Don’t overmix the batter as it will make your muffins tough. You just want to mix enough until the ingredients are just combined.
- Make streusel topping – Make sure you make the streusel topping for that extra crunch and sweetness.
- Adjust the baking time – Depending on the oven, the baking time may need to be adjusted. Start with the suggested time and check the muffins for doneness.
- Let the muffins cool – Let the muffins cool for about 10 minutes before serving. This will give them enough time to set.
What flavor combinations do pumpkin streusel muffins offer?
Pumpkin streusel muffins offer a delicious blend of sweet and savory flavors! As its name implies, the classic pumpkin streusel muffin is made with pumpkin puree, sugar, and spices, and topped with a crumbly sugar and cinnamon streusel. But there are plenty of other flavor combinations to explore. From traditional spices like nutmeg and cinnamon, to unique flavor combinations like cranberry and orange, there’s something for everyone in these warm, cozy muffins.
For a classic, traditional muffin, combine pumpkin puree, sugar, and spices like cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, and ginger. For a fun twist, add a scoop of peanut butter or a handful of chocolate chips to the batter. For a more festive muffin, try combining pumpkin puree with cranberries, orange zest, and chopped nuts. For a bold flavor, add some freshly grated ginger and a pinch of cayenne pepper to the batter.
Pumpkin streusel muffins are a delicious way to enjoy fall flavors. With so many flavor combinations to choose from, you can find the perfect muffin for any occasion. Whether you’re looking for a classic treat or something a little more adventurous, pumpkin streusel muffins are sure to please.
What are some of the ingredients needed to make pumpkin streusel muffins?
If you’re looking to make delicious pumpkin streusel muffins, you’ll need a few key ingredients! To make your muffins, you’ll need all-purpose flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, ground cinnamon, ground nutmeg, and ground cloves. You’ll also need pumpkin puree, vegetable oil, white sugar, egg, and brown sugar. To top it off (literally!), you’ll need butter, white sugar, and flour to make the streusel topping.
What are some creative ways to serve pumpkin streusel muffins?
When it comes to pumpkin muffins, there are tons of creative serving ideas to try! From adding a drizzle of homemade caramel sauce to topping the muffins with a scoop of ice cream, the possibilities are endless. Here are some of the most creative and delicious ways to serve pumpkin streusel muffins:
- Top each muffin with a dollop of whipped cream and a sprinkle of cinnamon or nutmeg.
- Make a decadent parfait by layering pumpkin streusel muffins with a mixture of Greek yogurt, honey, and chopped walnuts.
- Create an autumnal breakfast treat by slicing the muffins in half, lightly toasting them, and spreading a layer of cream cheese or pumpkin butter over the top.
- For a more savory option, top the muffins with a spoonful of brie and a sprinkle of thyme or rosemary.
- Slice the muffins in half and serve them alongside a bowl of hot oatmeal or porridge.
- Serve the muffins with a side of warm pumpkin spice dip made with cream cheese, pumpkin puree, and a dash of cinnamon and nutmeg.
- For an extra special treat, top the muffins with a scoop of your favorite ice cream and a drizzle of homemade caramel sauce.
What are some other delicious pumpkin-based recipes to try?
If you’re looking for a delicious way to use pumpkin in your cooking, there are plenty of tasty recipes to explore. From pumpkin cheesecake to pumpkin chili, there’s something for everyone! Here are some of the best pumpkin-based recipes to try:
- Pumpkin Spice Roll – This sweet and spicy roll is a great way to add a touch of autumn to any meal. The dough is made with pumpkin puree, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves, and the filling features cream cheese, sugar, and more spices.
- Pumpkin Soup – This soup is a great way to make use of fresh pumpkins. The creamy soup is made with pumpkin puree, chicken broth, onion, garlic, and spices. Top with croutons and herbs for an extra layer of flavor.
- Pumpkin Mac and Cheese – This comfort food classic gets a fall twist with the addition of pumpkin puree, nutmeg, and sage. The creamy sauce pairs perfectly with noodles and breadcrumbs for a delicious meal that the whole family will love.
- Pumpkin Pie – No list of pumpkin-based recipes would be complete without a classic pumpkin pie. The filling is made with pumpkin puree, sugar, eggs, and spices, and the crust is a combination of butter, flour, and sugar. Topped with whipped cream, it’s the perfect way to end any autumn meal.
Whether you’re looking for a savory dish or a sweet treat, there are plenty of delicious pumpkin-based recipes to try.