This is my favorite guacamole recipe! I love the combination of bacon and blue cheese, it’s so creamy and flavorful. The best part is that it’s really easy to make. I always make a double batch because it always goes quickly at parties.
- 5 slices bacon
- 3 ripe avocados
- 2-3 tsp red or white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup minced red onion
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- Dash hot pepper sauce (such as Tabasco)
1. Lay the bacon strips in a large skillet over medium heat and cook until crisp, 5-10 minutes. Drain on a paper towel-lined plate and crumble when cool.
2. Cut the avocados in half pole-to-pole and twist open to remove the pit. Scoop the avocado flesh into a bowl and mash with a fork until chunky smooth.
3. Add vinegar, garlic powder, hot pepper sauce, and bacon (reserving some for garnish) to taste; mix well before adjusting seasoning with salt as necessary.
- Serving size: 1/4 recipe
- Calories: 283
- Fat: 23 g
- Saturated fat: 5.5 g
- Cholesterol: 17 mg
- Sodium: 368 mg