This recipe for Mud Pie I is perfect for those hot summer days when you crave something cold and sweet. Made with a chocolate cookie crust, coffee ice cream, and chocolate sauce, this pie will satisfy your sweet tooth and keep you cool all at the same time!
- 1 cup dark brown sugar, ½ cup butter, melted, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, ¼ teaspoon salt, 2 eggs, ⅓ cup unsweetened cocoa powder, 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour, 1 cup chopped pecans or walnuts, ¼ cup hot fudge topping, 1 cup heavy whipping cream or coconut milk whipped cream (for dairy free), 2 tablespoons confectioners’ sugar
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C) and grease a pie plate well.
2. In a mixing bowl, combine sugar and butter or margarine. Blend in vanilla, salt, and beaten eggs.
3. Stir in flour and cocoa then stir in nuts. Pour mixture into the pan.
4. Bake for 25 minutes or until toothpick inserted halfway between center and edge comes out clean. Immediately prick holes in the pie; spread fudge sauce over top then cool..
5.) Beat cold whipping cream and confectioners’ sugar in a chilled bowl until peaks form; spread over fudge sauce . Drizzle pie with additional fudge sauce then refrigerate
- Serving size: 1/8 of a recipe (5.9 ounces).
- Calories: 487
- Fat: 30.4g
- Saturated Fat: 15.1g
- Cholesterol: 81mg
- Sodium: 298mg
- Carbohydrates: 50.3g
- Fiber: 2.6g
- Sugar : 33.9 g Protein 5
What is a Mud Pie UK?
A Mud Pie UK is a children’s activity or game that consists of creating a mixture of water and soil and playing or pretending to make food or a pie. Mud pies are not meant to be eaten, although they can be thrown in the face. A broader category describes this activity as mud play.
Mud play is a great way for kids to explore their creativity and have fun. It’s also messy, so it’s important to make sure you’re prepared before you start. Here are some tips for making the perfect mud pie:
1. Choose your location carefully. You’ll need somewhere with access to water and plenty of soft, loose dirt. Avoid areas with rocks or other debris that could ruin your mud pie mix. 2. Gather your supplies. In addition to water and dirt, you’ll need something to mix them together in (like a bucket) and something to shape your pies with (like an empty container or your hands).
What is a Mud Pie definition?
A mud pie is a mass of mud moulded into a pie-like shape by a child. It is typically made from dirt, water and sand, and can be decorated with rocks, sticks or leaves. Mud pies are often eaten by children as part of playtime activities.
What is Mississippi mud pie made of?
A Mississippi mud pie is composed of a chocolate cookie crust, a fudgy cake layer, chocolate streusel, and chocolate ganache. The cookie crust is typically made from crushed chocolate cookies, though graham crackers or Oreos may also be used. The cake layer is generally a dense and moist chocolate cake, while the streusel is a crumbly mixture of sugar, flour, cocoa powder, and butter. The ganache is simply melted chocolate mixed with cream to form a glossy icing-like topping.
This decadent dessert gets its name from its resemblance to the rich brown soil found in the Mississippi River Delta region.
Why is it called mud pie?
There are a few theories on how the Mississippi mud pie got its name. One is that the pie’s appearance – dense, chocolatey, and with a cracked top – resembles the Mississippi River mud. Another theory is that the name refers to the pie’s ingredients, which include dark chocolate and coffee – two things that are often associated with “mud”.
Whatever the origin of its name, there’s no denying that this dessert is a true classic. The Mississippi mud pie typically features a crust made from either Oreo cookies or graham crackers, a thick layer of chocolate pudding or fudge, and a whipped cream or ice cream topping. And while it might not look like much, this rich and decadent pie is sure to satisfy any sweet tooth.