This Hawaiian cake is a moist and delicious treat that’s perfect for any occasion. Made with pineapple, coconut, and rum, it’s sure to please everyone at your next party or get-together.
- 1 1/2 cups butter, 2 cups sugar, 4 eggs, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 2 teaspoons baking soda, 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple with juice, 1/4 cup unsweetened pineapple juice, 1 (3.5 ounce) package flaked coconut, 1 cup chopped walnuts or macadamia nuts, 2 teaspoons vanilla extract,, 1 (16 ounce) package graham crackers or shortbread cookies
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and line with parchment paper one 10 inch tube pan.
2. Cream butter or margarine, sugar, and eggs together; add salt, baking soda, crushed pineapple, and pineapple juice.
3. Add coconut, walnuts, and vanilla. Mix in the graham cracker crumbs. Pour batter into the prepared pan.
4. Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 1 hour and 30 minutes
- Calories: 2200
- Fat: 100 g
- Saturated fat: 45 g
- Cholesterol: 370 mg
- Sodium: 2800 mg
- Carbohydrates: 290 g
- Fiber: 8 g
- Sugar: 210 g
- Protein: 20