I love a recipe that is both hearty and flavorful and that’s why I can’t get enough of my Ground Beef and Potato Tostadas! This classic Mexican dish is packed with flavor and will leave your taste buds begging for more. The combination of ground beef and potatoes is a match made in heaven and the toppings take this dish to the next level.
Ground Beef And Potato Tostadas Recipe
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 small russet potato, peeled and diced
- 1 (1.25 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
- 6 crispy tostada shells
- 1 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 1 ½ cups shredded lettuce
- 1 (3.25 ounce) can sliced black olives, drained
- Preheat your oven to 375°F.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook and stir the ground beef until it’s browned and no longer pink.
- Add the diced potato and taco seasoning mix to the beef and stir until everything is combined. Cook for an additional 5 minutes.
- Place the tostada shells on a baking sheet.
- Divide the beef and potato mixture evenly among the tostada shells.
- Sprinkle the Mexican cheese blend over the tostadas.
- Place the baking sheet in the preheated oven and bake for 10 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and the tostadas are golden brown.
- Remove the baking sheet from the oven.
- Top each tostada with lettuce, black olives, and any other desired toppings.
- Serve the tostadas warm and enjoy!
- Serving Size: 1 tostada
- Calories: 294
- Fat: 14.5g
- Carbohydrates: 22.5g
- Protein: 16.5g
- Sodium: 587mg
- Cholesterol: 44mg
What are the essential components of a ground beef and potato tostada?
Ground beef and potato tostadas are a delicious and simple to make Mexican dish. The essential components of a ground beef and potato tostada are a crunchy tostada shell, seasoned ground beef, and potatoes. To complete the dish, you will also need a few additional ingredients such as onions, garlic, tomatoes, and cheese.
The tostada shell is a crispy flatbread made from corn or wheat. To make a ground beef and potato tostada, you will need to heat the tostada shells in the oven or on a skillet until they are golden and crispy.
The ground beef should be cooked with onions, garlic, and spices to give the tostada a flavorful base. Once the beef is cooked, you can add in the diced potatoes to simmer for a few minutes.
The finishing touches on a ground beef and potato tostada include tomatoes, cheese, and any other desired toppings. These toppings can include lettuce, sour cream, guacamole, and salsa.
When all the components are assembled, the tostada can be served. Ground beef and potato tostadas are a tasty and easy to make Mexican meal that can be enjoyed by the whole family.
What tips and tricks can you use to make ground beef and potato tostadas quickly and easily?
Use pre-cooked ground beef for a shortcut – look for pre-cooked ground beef that’s ready to go in your grocery store.
- Make extra potatoes when you’re boiling them for dinner one night and use the leftovers for tostadas.
- Use pre-shredded cheese to save time.
- Use store-bought tostada shells – they’re usually located in the snack aisle.
- Use canned refried beans as a delicious and easy topping.
- Use pre-chopped onions, tomatoes, and peppers to save time.
- If you’re in a pinch, use taco seasoning packets to season the ground beef.
- For a quick and easy sauce, mix salsa and sour cream together.
- To add some crunch, top the tostadas with crushed tortilla chips.
- To make the tostadas extra cheesy, top them with shredded cheddar cheese.
- Broil the tostadas in the oven for a few minutes to get them extra crispy.
What flavor and texture combinations make ground beef and potato tostadas stand out?
Ground beef and potato tostadas offer an exciting flavor and texture combination that makes them stand out. The combination of the savory ground beef and the crunchy potatoes creates a unique and delicious taste. The potatoes offer a toothsome texture that pairs perfectly with the flavor of the beef. The addition of toppings, such as lettuce, tomatoes, cheese, and salsa, adds further complexity to the flavor and texture. The contrast between the sweetness of the tomatoes and the saltiness of the cheese is particularly pleasing. The cool, crisp lettuce and the spicy salsa offer even more layers of flavor and texture. Altogether, it is the combination of flavors and textures that make ground beef and potato tostadas stand out.
How can you make ground beef and potato tostadas in a healthier and more nutritious way?
You can make healthier and more nutritious ground beef and potato tostadas by using lean ground beef, baking the tostadas instead of frying them, and adding more vegetables.
When making tostadas with ground beef, it’s important to choose a leaner ground beef. Look for ground beef that is at least 90% lean and preferably 93% lean. This will help cut down on saturated fat and keep your dish healthier. If you want to make it even healthier, you can also opt for ground turkey.
Instead of frying the tostadas, you can bake them until they’re crispy. This will help cut down on added fat and calories. You can also use whole wheat or corn tortillas for extra fiber.
Finally, you can make your tostadas more nutritious by adding more vegetables. Try topping your tostadas with lettuce, tomatoes, bell peppers, onions, or jalapenos for a boost of vitamins and minerals. You can also add avocado for a dose of healthy fats.
By following these tips, you can make healthier and more nutritious ground beef and potato tostadas. They’ll be just as delicious but with fewer calories and more nutrients.
What are the best accompaniments to serve with ground beef and potato tostadas?
There are many delicious accompaniments that can be served with ground beef and potato tostadas, including a variety of salsas and dips, fresh vegetables, and flavorful cheeses. Here are some of the best accompaniments to serve with ground beef and potato tostadas:
- Salsas and Dips: Pico de gallo, guacamole, and salsa verde are all perfect complements to ground beef and potato tostadas. For a creamy dip, try a chile con queso or a spicy chipotle mayonnaise.
- Fresh Vegetables: Serve your tostadas with a variety of fresh vegetables like diced tomatoes, shredded lettuce, julienned carrots, sliced bell peppers, and diced onions.
- Cheeses: A sprinkle of flavorful cheeses such as cotija, queso fresco, or crumbled feta can really take your tostadas to the next level.
These are just a few of the delicious accompaniments you can serve with ground beef and potato tostadas. With a little bit of creativity, you can come up with many more tasty combinations that will make your tostadas even more delicious.