Creamy, Spicy Jalapeno Popper Taquitos – Slow Cooked To Perfection!
I absolutely love the flavors of jalapeno poppers, so I was thrilled to discover this easy and delicious Slow Cooker Jalapeno Popper Taquitos recipe. The combination of creamy cheese, jalapenos, and seasoned ground beef all wrapped up in a crispy tortilla is irresistible. This dish is ideal for busy weeknights when you want something delicious and satisfying without a lot of effort.
Slow Cooker Jalapeno Popper Taquitos Recipe
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 8 skinless, boneless chicken thighs
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced jalapeno peppers with juice
- ¼ cup green enchilada sauce
- 1 pinch salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 16 (6 inch) flour tortillas
- 2 cups shredded pepperjack cheese
- In a large bowl, combine the softened cream cheese, vegetable oil, chicken thighs, jalapeno peppers with juice, green enchilada sauce, salt, and pepper. Mix together until all ingredients are completely combined.
- Take each flour tortilla and spread a generous scoop of the mixture across the middle of the tortilla. Sprinkle a generous handful of the pepperjack cheese over the mixture.
- Roll each tortilla tightly, tucking in the ends. Place the rolled taquitos seam-side down in the slow cooker.
- Cook on low for 3-4 hours or until chicken is cooked through.
- Serve the taquitos warm with your favorite toppings or side dishes. Enjoy!
- Serving size: 1 taquito
- Calories: 250
- Total fat: 15g
- Saturated fat: 7g
- Cholesterol: 45mg
- Sodium: 270mg
- Carbohydrates: 14g
- Fiber: 1g
- Sugar: 2g
- Protein: 10g
How can slow cooker jalapeno popper taquitos be adapted to meet different dietary needs?
Slow cooker jalapeno popper taquitos can be easily adapted to meet different dietary needs by making a few simple substitutions. For example, those following a vegetarian or vegan diet can substitute the chicken in the taquito recipe with beans, tofu, or other plant-based proteins. Additionally, those who need to follow a gluten-free diet can substitute regular flour tortillas with gluten-free varieties. Furthermore, individuals with dairy allergies can replace the cream cheese, cheddar cheese, and sour cream with plant-based dairy products or non-dairy alternatives.
By making these simple substitutions, a delicious and nutritious slow cooker jalapeno popper taquito can be enjoyed by anyone, regardless of their dietary needs. Additionally, the slow cooker method of cooking allows for easy meal prepping and doesn’t require constant supervision, making it the perfect dish for busy weeknights.
What are creative ways to serve slow cooker jalapeno popper taquitos?
Serving slow cooker jalapeno popper taquitos can be a creative and delicious experience! Here are a few creative ways to serve this tasty dish:
- On a bed of lettuce: For a light and fresh presentation, try serving the taquitos on a bed of crunchy lettuce. Add a dollop of sour cream or Greek yogurt and a sprinkle of cilantro for added flavor.
- With a side of black beans: For a hearty, Mexican-inspired dinner, serve the taquitos with a side of black beans and a dollop of guacamole.
- As a snack: Make a batch of taquitos and serve them as appetizers or snacks. They’re perfect for entertaining or for a quick snack.
- In a taco salad: For a fun and tasty salad, combine lettuce, tomatoes, and your favorite taco toppings. Top with shredded cheese and jalapeno popper taquitos for a flavorful and creative meal.
What are the benefits of making slow cooker jalapeno popper taquitos?
The benefits of making slow cooker jalapeno popper taquitos include:
- Convenience: This recipe is easy to make ahead of time and requires minimal effort. You can make a large batch to last for multiple meals.
- Cost-effective: These taquitos are budget-friendly and can be made with inexpensive ingredients.
- Flavorful: The creamy cheese, jalapenos, and bacon provide the perfect flavor combination for a tasty snack or dinner.
- Versatile: This recipe can be customized with additional ingredients such as black beans, diced bell peppers, or other vegetables.
- Healthy: Slow cooker jalapeno popper taquitos are healthy and packed with protein, fiber, and nutrients.
- Fun to make: This family-friendly recipe is fun and easy to make with kids.
What tips can be used to ensure that slow cooker jalapeno popper taquitos turn out perfectly?
- To ensure that your slow cooker jalapeno popper taquitos turn out perfectly, here are a few tips:
- Start by prepping the ingredients. Make sure to finely chop the jalapeno peppers, onions and garlic. Cook the bacon and crumble it into small pieces. Shred the cheese and set all the ingredients aside.
- Grease the slow cooker generously with oil or cooking spray. This will help to prevent the taquitos from sticking.
- Take a large bowl and combine the cream cheese, jalapeno peppers, onions, garlic, bacon, and cheese. Mix the ingredients until combined.
- Spread a layer of the cream cheese and jalapeno mixture on each tortilla. Roll them up and place them in the slow cooker.
- Cook the taquitos on low heat for 4-5 hours or on high heat for 2-3 hours.
What other types of dishes can be made using the same slow cooker jalapeno popper taquitos ingredients?
These same ingredients used in slow cooker jalapeno popper taquitos can be used to make a variety of other dishes as well. For example, one could use the chicken, cream cheese, jalapenos, and tortillas to make a jalapeno popper dip. Once the chicken is mixed with cream cheese and jalapenos, it could be placed in an oven-safe dish and topped with a few strips of cooked bacon for a delicious and flavorful dip.
In addition, the same ingredients can be used to create jalapeno popper quesadillas. Start by preparing the chicken and cream cheese mixture, then spread it on one side of a tortilla and top with jalapenos and another tortilla. Grill the quesadilla until the cheese melts and the tortillas become golden brown. Serve with salsa and sour cream for a delicious appetizer.
Finally, the same ingredients can be used to make a jalapeno popper casserole. Start by combining the chicken, cream cheese, jalapenos, and tortillas in a baking dish. Top with shredded cheese and bake until the cheese melts and the casserole is bubbly. Serve with a dollop of sour cream and extra jalapenos for a delicious and crowd-pleasing meal.
With just a few ingredients, you can make a variety of dishes that are sure to please. The possibilities are truly endless when it comes to creating delicious and flavorful meals with the same ingredients used to make slow cooker jalapeno popper taquitos.