Cherry Walnut Bars are the perfect way to enjoy fresh cherries and walnuts together. This recipe is easy to follow and results in a delicious, moist bar that is packed with flavor.
- 2 ¼ cups all-purpose flour, 1 cup white sugar, 1 cup butter, 2 eggs, 1 cup packed brown sugar, ½ teaspoon salt, ½ teaspoon baking powder, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, ½ cup chopped walnuts OR almonds (your choice), ½ cup flaked coconut OR oats (your choice), 1 (4 ounce) jar maraschino cherries plus ¼ cup cherry juice from the jar,, confectioners’ sugar for dusting
- Instructions: Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour an 8×8 inch baking dish.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, white sugar, butter, eggs brown sugar salt ,baking powder and vanilla. Mix well. Stir in nuts or oats and coconut or cherry juice mixture. Pour batter into prepared dish.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Allow to cool completely before cutting into bars.
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and grease an 8×8 inch baking dish.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, white sugar, butter, eggs brown sugar, salt ,baking powder and vanilla extract until well combined. Stir in the chopped walnuts or almonds and flaked coconut or oats along with the cherry juice mixture.
3. Pour the batter into the prepared dish and bake for 45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Allow to cool completely before cutting into bars and dusting with confectioners’ sugar
- Serving size: 1 bar
- Calories: 210
- Fat: 10 g
- Saturated fat: 5 g
- Unsaturated fat: 3.5 g
- Trans fat: 0.5 g
- Carbohydrates: 27 g
- Sugar: 16 g
- Fiber: 1 g
- Protein 2.5