Delicious Lemon-Blueberry Yeast Bread Recipe
When I was a kid, I used to love helping my mom in the kitchen. There was one recipe that quickly became my favorite: Lemon-Blueberry Yeast Bread. The sweet and tart combination of the lemon and blueberries was irresistible. This bread had just the right balance of flavors and was the perfect snack to enjoy with a cup of tea. I still make this recipe to this day and I’m excited to share it with you. Let’s get baking!
Lemon-Blueberry Yeast Bread Recipe
- 3 ¾ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 (1/4-ounce) package active dry yeast
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup warm water (105°F to 115°F)
- 2 tablespoons grated lemon zest
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- Gather all the ingredients you’ll need to make this delicious Lemon-Blueberry Yeast Bread: 3 ¾ cups all-purpose flour, 1 (1/4-ounce) package active dry yeast, 1 teaspoon salt, 2 tablespoons granulated sugar, 3 tablespoons butter, 1 cup warm water (105°F to 115°F), 2 tablespoons grated lemon zest, 1 large egg, and 1/2 cup fresh or frozen blueberries.
- In a medium bowl, combine the all-purpose flour, active dry yeast, salt, and granulated sugar.
- In a separate bowl, melt the butter and add the warm water, grated lemon zest, and egg. Whisk together until combined.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix until a dough forms.
- Knead the dough until it is smooth and elastic, about 8 minutes.
- Place the dough in a greased bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Let the dough rise in a warm place until it has doubled in size, about 1 hour.
- Once the dough has risen, punch it down and turn it out onto a lightly floured surface. Gently knead in the blueberries.
- Shape the dough into a round loaf and place it on a greased baking sheet. Cover loosely with a tea towel and let it rise again in a warm place until doubled, about 45 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Bake the bread for 40-45 minutes, or until golden brown and the loaf sounds hollow when tapped.
- Let the bread cool on a wire rack before slicing and serving. Enjoy!
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Calories: 250
- Total Fat: 10g
- Saturated Fat: 6g
- Cholesterol: 40mg
- Sodium: 350mg
- Total Carbohydrate: 34g
- Dietary Fiber: 2g
- Sugars: 4g
- Protein: 6g
What makes lemon-blueberry yeast bread so special?
Lemon-Blueberry Yeast Bread is unique because it combines two of the most delicious flavors in one incredibly moist and flavorful bread. The combination of tart lemon and sweet blueberries creates an unforgettable taste that is sure to make any occasion special. The lemon adds a zesty, citrusy flavor while the blueberries add a rich and subtly sweet flavor that is sure to please any crowd. The texture of the bread is also worth noting – it’s incredibly light, airy, and moist, making it the perfect accompaniment to a cup of tea or coffee. All in all, Lemon-Blueberry Yeast Bread is a truly special treat.
How does the combination of lemon and blueberry flavors work in this yeast bread?
Yes! The combination of lemon and blueberry flavors in this yeast bread is absolutely delicious. Here’s why:
- The tartness of lemon and the sweetness of blueberry complement each other perfectly, creating an amazing balance of flavors.
- The bright lemon flavor adds a little zing to the classic blueberry flavor, making the bread more interesting and unique.
- The lemon flavor also helps to cut through the richness of the yeast bread, creating a light and airy texture.
- The blueberries add a natural sweetness to the bread that is just irresistible.
Overall, the combination of lemon and blueberry flavors in this yeast bread is simply sublime.
What are the benefits of using yeast in this bread?
Yeast is an amazing ingredient to use in bread! It gives the bread a rich, delicious flavor, and makes it light and fluffy.
- Yeast is also a good source of protein, vitamins, and minerals. It helps to provide essential nutrients to the body and can help keep you feeling full for longer.
- The use of yeast in Lemon-Blueberry Yeast Bread also helps to create a more balanced, sweet-tart flavor. The sweetness of the blueberries pairs perfectly with the zesty lemon, creating a delicious combination.
- Finally, using yeast in this bread helps to give it a consistent texture. The yeast helps to keep the dough light, making it easier to handle and shape. It also ensures that the bread will rise evenly and bake up beautifully.
What tips and tricks can be used to perfect the baking of lemon-blueberry yeast bread?
Get your yeast ready: In order to perfect your lemon-blueberry yeast bread, it is important to start with the right yeast. Make sure your yeast is activated, as this will give your bread the perfect lift and texture.
- Use the right ingredients: When baking your lemon-blueberry yeast bread, you will need to use the right ingredients. Be sure to use a high quality, unbleached all-purpose flour and fresh, ripe blueberries.
- Knead the dough: Kneading the dough is an important step in making a perfect lemon-blueberry yeast bread. Make sure to knead the dough for at least 10 minutes to ensure that the texture of your bread is light and airy.
- Let it rise: Once you’ve kneaded the dough, it’s time to let it rise. Make sure to give your dough enough time to rise, as this will give your bread the perfect texture and flavor.
- Bake it to perfection: Finally, it’s time to bake your lemon-blueberry yeast bread. Make sure to bake it in a preheated oven and check it often to ensure that your bread is golden brown and cooked through.
What other ingredients can be used to make a unique variation of lemon-blueberry yeast bread?
The possibilities are endless when it comes to making a unique variation of lemon-blueberry yeast bread! To start, you can switch out blueberries for raspberries, blackberries, strawberries, or any other kind of berry you like. You could also add nuts or spices like almond, hazelnut, cinnamon, nutmeg, or cardamom for a delicious nutty flavor. If you want a citrus twist, try adding orange or lime zest for a fun and flavorful twist. Additionally, if you’re looking for a sweet and savory combination, try adding a bit of honey or maple syrup to your dough. Finally, you could also try adding chocolate chips, dried cranberries, or raisins for a delicious and indulgent treat.