I’ve been looking for a delicious and healthy meal to add to my weekly rotation and I think I’ve found it. This Asian Bok Choy and Chicken Salad is the perfect combination of flavors and textures. The crunchy bok choy and savory chicken are balanced perfectly by the sweetness of the honey and the tangy dressing. I can’t wait to give it a try!
Asian Bok Choy and Chicken Salad Recipe
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 4 heads baby bok choy, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup diced carrot
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- Start off by prepping your ingredients! Start by dicing your red bell pepper and carrot, chopping your cilantro, and slicing your bok choy and almonds.
- Now time to cook! Heat up 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Once the skillet is hot, add in your diced chicken breasts and season with garlic powder, onion powder, ground ginger, and ground black pepper.
- Cook your chicken for about 8-10 minutes, or until the chicken is fully cooked through.
- Once the chicken is cooked, add in the soy sauce, rice vinegar, and bok choy. Give it a good stir and cook for an additional 5 minutes.
- Finally, stir in the diced red bell pepper, diced carrot, chopped cilantro, sliced almonds, and sesame seeds. Give it a good mix and cook for an additional 2 minutes.
- Serve your Asian Bok Choy and Chicken Salad hot, and enjoy!
- calories: 400
- Fat: 19g
- Saturated fat: 3g
- Carbohydrates: 21g
- Sugar: 4g
- Fiber: 5g
- Protein: 37g
- Sodium: 600mg
What is the one dish that you can whip up in no time that is both healthy and tasty?
If you’re looking for a quick and easy, yet healthy and delicious meal, look no further than Asian Bok Choy and Chicken Salad! This dish is simple to make and is sure to satisfy your cravings for a nutritious and flavorful meal.
This hearty salad is a great way to get your daily intake of veggies and proteins in one meal. The main ingredients are bok choy, chicken, and a savory Asian dressing. The bok choy provides a nice crunch and the chicken is full of protein and flavor. The Asian dressing ties all the flavors together and gives the salad a unique and savory taste.
Making this salad is a breeze. Simply start off by prepping the chicken and cooking it according to your preference. Then, chop up the bok choy and mix it with the cooked chicken. Finally, add the dressing of your choice and voila! – you have yourself a tasty and healthy meal that’s ready to be enjoyed.
So if you’re looking for a quick, healthy, and tasty meal, look no further than Asian Bok Choy and Chicken Salad! All the ingredients are easy to find, the recipe is simple to make, and the results are sure to please your taste buds.
What makes this asian bok choy and chicken salad special?
You’ll love this Asian Bok Choy and Chicken Salad! What makes it special is the delicious combination of flavors and textures that come together in this dish. The crispy chicken is a great contrast to the tender bok choy, and the tangy vinaigrette adds the perfect zing to the dish. Not to mention the crunchy nuts, which add a nice crunchy texture.
How does this salad provide the perfect balance of flavors and textures?
This Asian Bok Choy and Chicken Salad is the perfect combination of flavors and textures that will tantalize your taste buds! The crunchy bok choy and the juicy chicken provide an elements of texture that will keep you wanting more.
Here’s why this salad provides the perfect balance of flavors and textures:
- The savory and slightly sweet dressing made from honey, soy sauce, and sesame oil creates a great balance of flavors that goes perfectly with the crunchy bok choy and the juicy chicken.
- The addition of grated ginger, garlic, and red pepper flakes add a nice spiciness to the salad that will have you coming back for more.
- The crunchy almonds and the sweet raisins add texture and flavor to the salad that will make it irresistible.
- The earthy mushrooms and the fresh scallions give the salad a nice depth of flavor that will make it hard to resist.
All in all, this Asian Bok Choy and Chicken Salad provides the perfect balance of flavors and textures that will keep you coming back for more.
What are some tips to make sure you get the most out of this meal?
Start with a base of fresh, crisp bok choy. This crunchy green is packed with vitamins and minerals, so you can get the most nutrition out of your salad.
- Don’t be afraid to experiment with flavors. Try adding different herbs and spices to your dressing or topping with a variety of nuts and seeds for a crunchy texture.
- If you’re looking to add more protein to the dish, try adding cooked chicken or shrimp. This will make your salad more filling and hearty.
- Adding a variety of fruits and veggies will make the dish more colorful and flavorful. Try adding some shredded carrots, diced bell peppers, and sliced apples for a delicious combination.
- For an extra kick, add a dollop of sriracha or your favorite hot sauce. This will give the salad an extra bit of flavor.
- Finally, don’t forget to bring the dish together with a flavorful dressing. Try mixing some olive oil, rice vinegar, garlic, and ginger for a delicious Asian-inspired dressing.
What ingredients do you need to create this delicious salad?
Creating this delicious Asian Bok Choy and Chicken Salad doesn’t require a lot of ingredients! To make this yummy salad, you just need bok choy, cooked chicken, red bell peppers, shredded carrots, cashews, mayonnaise, and honey.
Let’s start with the bok choy; you’ll need one head of bok choy, washed and chopped into bite-sized pieces. Then you’ll need one cup of cooked chicken. You can either use leftover cooked chicken or quickly brown some chicken pieces in a pan with a little olive oil. Next, you’ll need half of a red bell pepper, diced. To add a nice crunch, you’ll need one cup of shredded carrots. Then for a nutty flavor and some extra crunch, you’ll add half of a cup of cashews.
For the dressing, you’ll need one-third of a cup of mayonnaise, two tablespoons of honey, and some salt and pepper to taste. Once you’ve gathered all of the ingredients, you are ready to make this delicious Asian Bok Choy and Chicken Salad.
How can you customize this asian bok choy and chicken salad to make it your own?
You can customize this Asian Bok Choy and Chicken Salad to make it your own by adding your favorite toppings! For example, you could top it with crunchy wonton strips and a sprinkle of sesame seeds. Or, you could toss some diced mango in the salad for a sweet and juicy burst of flavor. If you’re looking for a more savory option, why not add some crushed cashews or slivered almonds? You could even add a dollop of creamy dressing like ranch or blue cheese. The possibilities are endless! No matter what toppings you choose, you’re sure to have a delicious and unique salad that you’ll love.
What other dishes can you make with the leftovers from this salad?
With the leftovers from this Asian Bok Choy and Chicken Salad, you can make a variety of delicious dishes! You can create a flavorful soup, a scrumptious stir-fry, and even a delicious wrap. All you need is a few additional ingredients and you can create a brand new meal.
To make a soup, start by heating up some oil in a pot and adding in some diced onion and garlic. Saute for a few minutes until the onion is softened. Then, add in your leftovers from the salad, including the chicken and the bok choy. Pour in some chicken stock and bring the soup to a boil. Once boiling, reduce the heat and simmer for about 10 minutes. Add a pinch of salt and pepper to taste and your tasty soup is ready to go!
To make a stir-fry, start by heating up some oil in a pan and add in some diced onion and garlic. Saute for a few minutes until the onion is softened. Then, add in the leftover chicken and bok choy from the salad. Saute until the chicken is cooked through and the bok choy is wilted. Add in some cooked rice, a splash of soy sauce, and a pinch of salt and pepper. Saute until everything is combined and the rice is heated through. Your stir-fry is now ready to enjoy!
To make a wrap, start by heating up a large tortilla in a pan. Once heated through, spread some cream cheese on the tortilla. Top with your leftover salad ingredients, including the chicken and bok choy. Add some shredded cheese and a few slices of avocado for creaminess and texture. Carefully roll up the wrap and enjoy!
With the leftovers from this Asian Bok Choy and Chicken Salad, you can make a variety of delicious dishes.