I’m a huge fan of baking, so when I discovered this recipe for Yeasted Poppy Seed Apple Buns, I couldn’t wait to get started! The combination of the sweet, juicy apples, the nutty poppy seeds, and the yeasty dough sounded like the perfect combination of flavors. After one bite, I knew I had to share this delicious treat with friends and family. The sweet and savory buns are the perfect accompaniment to an afternoon cup of tea, or a great snack to take on a picnic. I’m sure you’ll love these Yeasted Poppy Seed Apple Buns as much as I do!
Yeasted Poppy Seed Apple Buns Recipe
- 2/3 cup of warm milk (110-115 degrees F)
- 2 1/4 teaspoon active dry yeast
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons poppy seeds
- 2 Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored, and diced
- Gather the ingredients – 2/3 cup of warm milk (110-115 degrees F), 2 1/4 teaspoon active dry yeast, 2 tablespoons sugar, 2 tablespoons butter, melted, 2 cups all-purpose flour, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg, 2 tablespoons poppy seeds, and 2 Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored, and diced.
- In a large bowl, add the warm milk, active dry yeast, and sugar. Mix until the yeast is dissolved and let it sit for 5 minutes.
- Add the melted butter, all-purpose flour, salt, ground nutmeg, poppy seeds, and diced apples to the bowl. Stir the ingredients together until it forms a dough.
- Knead the dough on a lightly floured surface for 10 minutes.
- Place the dough in a greased bowl and cover with a damp cloth. Let it sit in a warm place for 45 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Place the dough on a lightly greased baking sheet, shape it into buns, and let it rise for another 15 minutes.
- Bake for 18-22 minutes or until the buns are golden brown.
- Enjoy your delicious Yeasted Poppy Seed Apple Buns!
- Calories: 220 kcal
- Carbohydrates: 29 g
- Protein: 5 g
- Fat: 8 g
- Saturated Fat: 4 g
- Cholesterol: 15 mg
- Sodium: 251 mg
- Potassium: 107 mg
- Fiber: 1 g
- Sugar: 5 g
- Vitamin A: 224 IU
- Vitamin C: 3 mg
- Calcium: 43 mg
- Iron: 1 mg
What are yeasted poppy seed apple buns and how do they differ from other buns?
Yeasted poppy seed apple buns are an enriched sweet bread dough made with apples, poppy seeds, and spices. They’re perfect for breakfast, brunch, or even dessert. The yeasted dough makes them slightly different from other buns, as it adds a fluffy texture and a richer flavor.
These buns have a certain sophistication and elegance missing from simpler buns. The dough is made with butter, sugar, an egg, and warm milk, giving it a richer flavor than other buns. They are then filled with cooked apples, poppy seeds, and a hint of cinnamon and nutmeg. The buns are then brushed with butter and a sugar-cinnamon mix, giving them a pleasing sweetness and a hint of spice. The finished product is a delicious treat that can be enjoyed for breakfast, brunch, or even dessert.
The yeasted dough also gives the buns a lighter, fluffier texture than other buns. It’s a perfect balance of sweet and savory, and the poppy seeds add a nutty flavor for an even deeper taste. The combination of flavors and textures makes these buns stand out from the crowd and will make them a hit with family and friends.
Yeasted poppy seed apple buns are a delicious treat that are perfect for any occasion. They are slightly different from other buns, as the yeasted dough adds a richer flavor and a fluffier texture. The combination of apples, poppy seeds, spices, and butter makes them a unique and delicious treat that will be sure to please.
What tips can you provide to ensure your poppy seed apple buns turn out perfectly?
When it comes to baking delicious poppy seed apple buns, there are a few tips and tricks you can follow to ensure your finished product is perfect! Here’s what you can do:
- Use high-quality ingredients: Quality ingredients are key when baking delicious poppy seed apple buns. Choose a good-quality butter, apples, milk, and poppy seeds.
- Follow the recipe exactly: To get the best results, follow the recipe exactly as written. This includes measuring ingredients accurately, using the right baking pans, and baking at the right temperature.
- Don’t overbake: Be sure to keep an eye on your buns as they bake, so you don’t end up with dry, over-baked buns.
- Let it cool completely: Once your buns come out of the oven, let them cool completely before serving. If you try to cut into them too soon, they will be gummy and gooey.
- Show off your creation: Once your buns are ready, take a picture and share it with your friends and family. They will be sure to be impressed with your baking skills!.
By following these tips, you can be sure your poppy seed apple buns will turn out perfectly every time.
What type of ingredients are needed to make yeasted poppy seed apple buns?
When it comes to making yeasted poppy seed apple buns, you’ll need a few simple ingredients! Eggs, butter, sugar, flour, yeast, apples, and poppy seeds are all you need to make a batch of delicious buns. You’ll also need some salt and maybe a bit of vanilla extract. The great thing about this recipe is that you can customize it by adding any extra ingredients you may fancy.
To start, you’ll need to mix your ingredients together. Begin by combining the yeast, sugar, and salt in a bowl. Then add the flour, butter, eggs, and a few tablespoons of warm water to the bowl. Mix everything together until a smooth dough is formed. Cover the bowl with a damp cloth and let the dough rise for about an hour.
Once the dough has risen, it’s time to add the apples and poppy seeds. You’ll need to peel and dice the apples into small cubes. Then mix them into the dough, along with the poppy seeds. Knead the dough for a few minutes until everything is evenly distributed.
Finally, divide the dough into smaller pieces and roll each one into a round shape. Place the buns onto a greased baking tray, cover them with a damp cloth, and let them rise for another hour. When the buns are ready, brush them with a bit of beaten egg and bake them in the oven for about 20 minutes.
And there you have it! You’ve now got a batch of delicious yeasted poppy seed apple buns that are ready to be enjoyed.
What is the best way to mix and knead the dough for poppy seed apple buns?
The best way to mix and knead the dough for these delicious Yeasted Poppy Seed Apple Buns is to combine all the ingredients in a large bowl and mix until a soft, but not sticky dough forms. Once combined, turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface and knead until a smooth and elastic dough is achieved. This should take about 10 minutes.
To ensure the dough is of the right consistency, you should use your hands to knead it and use a dough scraper if needed. You can also use a stand mixer fitted with a dough hook to knead the dough. However, the dough should not be overmixed as this will make the buns tough and dense.
When your dough is ready, you should put it in a lightly oiled bowl and cover it with plastic wrap. This allows the dough to rise and develop its flavour. Once doubled in size, the dough is ready to be shaped into buns and baked to perfection.
So there you have it, the best way to mix and knead the dough for Yeasted Poppy Seed Apple Buns is to combine all the ingredients, knead the dough until it is smooth and elastic, and then allow it to rise. With a little bit of patience and elbow grease, you’ll have delicious homemade buns in no time.
How long should poppy seed apple buns be baked and what are some telltale signs they are done?
Poppy seed apple buns should be baked for about 25 minutes until they are golden brown. You’ll know they are done when they are lightly browned on the top, and have a nice springy texture when you press the center. If they are still pale, they need more time in the oven. When they are done, you should also be able to easily pull the buns apart.
These delicious buns are made with a yeasted dough, so it will need plenty of time to rise and develop flavor before baking. Make sure to give the dough plenty of time to rise before baking. If you don’t allow the buns to rise properly, they’ll end up tough and dense.
The poppy seeds will give the buns a delicate nutty flavor, and a crunchy texture. To get the most out of the poppy seeds, toast them before adding them to the dough. This will help to bring out the nutty flavor and give them a nice crunch.
Finally, when it comes to baking the buns, keep an eye on them to make sure they don’t get too dark. If they start to get too brown before they’re done, you can tent them with tin foil to help prevent the tops from overbrowning.
What are some creative ways to serve and enjoy these yeasted poppy seed apple buns?
There are so many creative and delicious ways to enjoy yeasted poppy seed apple buns! Here are a few of our favorite ideas:
- Toast them up and slather them with butter and honey. This classic combination makes for a sweet and indulgent treat that’s sure to delight everyone.
- Split them in half and make a delicious sandwich with your favorite savory fillings, like cheese, bacon, and even some sliced avocados.
- Cut them into cubes and use them to make a savory bread pudding. Combine with chorizo, cheese, and spices and bake until golden-brown.
- For a unique twist, try baking your buns with savory ingredients, like garlic, rosemary, and Parmesan cheese. Serve with a dollop of sour cream for a savory and decadent treat.
No matter how you choose to enjoy your yeasted poppy seed apple buns, you’re sure to find a delicious and creative way to make them special.