I love bread pudding, and this pound cake bread pudding is my absolute favorite! It’s so easy to prepare, and the end result is a decadent and delicious dessert that’s sure to please any crowd. This recipe has been passed down in my family for generations, and every time I make it I’m reminded of all the times I’ve shared this dessert with family and friends. The combination of the soft, spongy bread, the buttery pound cake, and the creamy custard is a magical one. If you’re looking for a perfect balance of sweet, rich, and creamy, this is the recipe for you!
Pound Cake Bread Pudding Recipe
- 4 cups cubed day-old pound cake
- 2 cups whole milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup raisins (optional)
- Whipped cream or ice cream, for serving (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 350°F and grab an 8×8 inch baking dish.
- Start by cubing up 4 cups of day-old pound cake and place it in the baking dish.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together 2 cups of whole milk, 2 large eggs, 1/4 cup of granulated sugar, 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract, 1/4 teaspoon of ground cinnamon, and a pinch of salt.
- Pour the mixture over the cubed pound cake, making sure to coat all of the pieces.
- Sprinkle 1/2 cup of raisins over the top of the cake, if desired.
- Place the baking dish in the preheated oven and bake for 60 minutes, or until the top is golden brown and the middle is set.
- Allow the bread pudding to cool for at least 30 minutes before serving.
- Enjoy your delicious bread pudding with a dollop of whipped cream or a scoop of ice cream, if desired. Enjoy!
- Calories: 325
- Fat: 10 g
- Saturated Fat: 5 g
- Cholesterol: 125 mg
- Sodium: 190 mg
- Carbohydrates: 46 g
- Fiber: 1 g
- Sugar: 28 g
- Protein: 8 g
What is pound cake bread pudding and why should we try it?
Pound cake bread pudding is an easy and delicious dessert that combines the best of both worlds. It’s a combination of pound cake and bread pudding that’s sure to satisfy your sweet tooth! The pound cake provides a light and fluffy texture, while the bread pudding adds a creamy and custardy flavor. You can top it with a variety of toppings, such as berries, caramel, or nuts, to really bring out the flavor.
You should definitely try pound cake bread pudding because it is so easy to make and it’s a great way to use up any leftover pound cake. All you need to do is tear up the pound cake into cubes and mix it with eggs, milk, sugar, and spices. Then, you bake it in the oven until it’s golden and bubbly.
Pound cake bread pudding is an easy dessert to make, but it’s also incredibly delicious. The combination of the light and fluffy pound cake with the creamy and custardy bread pudding makes it a truly decadent treat. Plus, it’s a great way to satisfy your sweet tooth without having to go to the store for ingredients.
So, if you’re looking for an easy and delicious dessert to impress your family and friends, then you should definitely try pound cake bread pudding.
How do we assemble the pound cake bread pudding?
You can easily assemble an amazing Pound Cake Bread Pudding in just a few simple steps! Here’s how:
- Preheat your oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, combine the cubed pound cake, eggs, half-and-half, brown sugar, and nutmeg.
- Grease a 9-by-13-inch baking dish.
- Pour the mixture into the baking dish.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Allow the pudding to cool before serving.
What are the best tips for making the perfect pound cake bread pudding?
Making the perfect pound cake bread pudding doesn’t have to be a challenge – with these tips, you’ll be all set to enjoy a delicious dessert!
Here are the best tips for making a perfect pound cake bread pudding:
- Start by cutting the pound cake into cubes. For a classic texture, cut the cubes into 1-inch pieces.
- Soak the pound cake cubes in a liquid mixture of your choice. This can be a mixture of cream, coconut milk, or even whisky.
- Let the pound cake cubes sit for about 30 minutes, or until the cubes are soft and have absorbed all the liquid.
- While the cubes are soaking, prepare the custard by mixing eggs, sugar, and spices.
- Grease a baking dish and add the soaked pound cake cubes and the custard mixture.
- Bake the bread pudding in a preheated oven at 160 degrees Celsius (350 degrees Fahrenheit) for 40 minutes.
- Let the bread pudding cool for 10 minutes before serving.
What ingredients do we need to make pound cake bread pudding?
Yes! To make pound cake bread pudding, you’ll need a few pantry staples. Here’s what you’ll need to get started:
- Pound cake: it’s best to use a store-bought pound cake for this recipe, but you can also make your own.
- Eggs: you’ll need two large eggs.
- Milk: you’ll need one cup of whole or 2% milk.
- Vanilla extract: a teaspoon of pure vanilla extract will give your bread pudding a delicious flavor.
- Sugar: you’ll need one cup of granulated sugar.
- Cinnamon: a teaspoon of ground cinnamon will take your bread pudding to the next level.
- Raisins: if you like, you can add a half cup of raisins to your bread pudding for a little extra sweetness.
What are the best topping pairings for pound cake bread pudding?
If you’re looking for the perfect topping to pair with your pound cake bread pudding, you’re in luck! From classic favorites like caramel sauce and whipped cream to unexpected twists like creamy custard, there are plenty of options to choose from. Here are some of the best toppings to make your pound cake bread pudding even more delicious:
- Caramel sauce: Nothing beats the classic combination of caramel and pound cake bread pudding. The sweet and slightly salty caramel complements the subtle sweetness of the pudding and makes for a truly decadent dessert.
- Whipped cream: Light and airy whipped cream adds a creamy and luxurious texture to your pound cake bread pudding. You can use homemade whipped cream or store-bought, depending on your preference.
- Chocolate syrup: For a rich and indulgent twist, try topping your pound cake bread pudding with a drizzle of chocolate syrup. The dark, bittersweet flavor of the chocolate is the perfect balance to the sweet pudding.
- Ice cream: The cold and creamy texture of ice cream is the perfect contrast to the warm, soft texture of the pound cake bread pudding. Choose your favorite flavor for a unique twist.
- Custard: For a more traditional topping, try topping your pound cake bread pudding with a creamy custard. The light and creamy custard adds a subtle sweetness that complements the flavor of the pudding.
No matter what topping you choose to pair your pound cake bread pudding with, you’re sure to have a delicious treat.