Eggnog Poke Cake Recipe – A Delicious Holiday Dessert
I’m so excited to share this delicious Eggnog Poke Cake recipe with you! I love baking during the holiday season, and this one is definitely a must-try. The combination of sweet eggnog and moist cake creates a heavenly dessert that everyone will love. Plus, it’s so easy to make that I’m sure you and your family will be enjoying it in no time!
Eggnog Poke Cake Recipe
- 1 box of yellow cake mix
- 3 large eggs
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup water
- 2 (3.4 oz) packages of instant vanilla pudding mix
- 2 ½ cups cold milk
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 cups whipped topping
- ½ cup eggnog
- 1 teaspoon rum extract
- ½ cup chopped toasted pecans
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Grease a 9×13 inch baking pan with some butter or cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, mix together the yellow cake mix, eggs, vegetable oil, and water until it forms a smooth batter.
- Pour the cake batter into the prepared pan and spread it out evenly.
- Bake the cake in the preheated oven for 25-30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Take the cake out of the oven and let it cool completely.
- In a large bowl, mix together the instant vanilla pudding mix, cold milk, and ground nutmeg until it forms a smooth mixture.
- Pour the pudding mixture over the cooled cake and spread it out evenly.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the whipped topping, eggnog, and rum extract until it forms a smooth mixture.
- Spread the whipped topping mixture over the pudding layer of the cake.
- Sprinkle the chopped toasted pecans over the top of the cake.
- Place the cake in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes before serving.
- Enjoy your delicious eggnog poke cake!
- Calories: 518 kcal
- Fat: 28.8 g
- Carbohydrates: 55.3 g
- Protein: 8.2 g
- Sugar: 26.2 g
- Sodium: 541 mg
- Cholesterol: 99 mg
What is an eggnog poke cake and why should you try it?
If you’re looking for a delicious dessert to enjoy during the holiday season, an eggnog poke cake is the perfect choice! This moist and flavorful cake takes the classic eggnog flavor you know and love and combines it with a delectable poke cake to make an indulgent treat. The addition of the eggnog filling and cream cheese topping makes it even more special, creating an unforgettable dessert that will have everyone coming back for more.
So, what is an eggnog poke cake? It’s an egg-based cake that has been filled with an eggnog-flavored filling and topped with a cream cheese topping. The cake itself is made with a cake mix, heavy cream, and eggnog, giving it a rich and flavorful base. The filling is made of eggnog, sugar, and cornstarch, and is poured into the center of the cake after it has been baked. The cream cheese topping is then spread on top and the cake is chilled before it is served.
Eggnog poke cake is a great dessert to enjoy during the holiday season because of its delicious flavor and festive look. Its festive colors and flavors make it perfect for a holiday celebration, while its creamy texture and sweet taste make it a treat that everyone will love. It’s also an easy dessert to make and can be prepared in advance, so you can enjoy it without the stress of last-minute baking.
So, why should you try an eggnog poke cake? It’s a flavorful and festive dessert that will have your guests asking for more. The combination of the rich cake base, creamy filling, and creamy topping makes it a unique and indulgent treat that will have you coming back for more. Plus, it’s an easy dessert to make that takes minimal time and effort, making it a great choice for any holiday celebration.
What are the components that make this cake so special?
You may be wondering what makes this Eggnog Poke Cake so special? Well, first of all, it’s the combination of ingredients that give it its unique flavor! The cake is made with a classic vanilla cake mix and then filled with a delicious eggnog filling. To top it all off, it is finished off with a creamy eggnog frosting.
The cake itself starts with a classic vanilla cake mix, which is then baked in a 9×13 inch pan. Once the cake has cooled, you will use a wooden spoon or skewer to poke several holes in the top of the cake. This allows the eggnog filling to soak into the cake and give it an extra moist and delicious texture.
The eggnog filling consists of a combination of eggnog, sugar, heavy cream, and cornstarch. This mixture is cooked on the stove until it thickens, and then poured into the holes you poked in the cake. Once it is finished, you will top it with a sweet eggnog frosting. This frosting is made with softened butter, confectioners sugar, and eggnog.
The combination of ingredients in this Eggnog Poke Cake give it a unique flavor and texture that you won’t find in any other cake. The classic vanilla cake mix, the creamy eggnog filling, and the sweet eggnog frosting all work together to create a moist, delicious, and truly special cake.
How do you make the custard to go with the cake?
You can make the perfect custard to go with your Eggnog Poke Cake in just a few quick steps! Here’s how:
- Combine half a cup of white sugar, 3 tablespoons of cornstarch and a quarter teaspoon of salt in a medium saucepan.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together 2 cups of eggnog and 3 large egg yolks until they’re smooth.
- Gradually pour the eggnog mixture into the saucepan, whisking constantly.
- Place the saucepan over medium-high heat and bring the mixture to a boil, whisking constantly.
- Once the mixture starts to thicken, reduce the heat to low and continue to whisk for 3 minutes.
- Remove the custard from the heat and stir in 2 tablespoons of butter and 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
- Pour the custard over the cake and let it cool before serving.
What are some tips to make the perfect eggnog poke cake?
If you’re looking to make a delicious and festive holiday treat, then look no further than an eggnog poke cake! This crowd-pleasing dessert is sure to be a hit at any holiday gathering. Here are some tips to help you make the perfect eggnog poke cake:
- Make sure to use a box cake mix that has eggnog in it. There are several different brands that make this flavor, so you can choose the one you like best.
- For the eggnog poke, you’ll need to use a heavy cream and a good-quality eggnog. The combination of the two will create a smooth and creamy texture.
- To get the best flavor, use fresh nutmeg and freshly grated nutmeg. The flavor of the nutmeg will really shine through in the cake.
- Once the cake is ready to serve, be sure to top it off with a dollop of whipped cream and a sprinkle of nutmeg. This is a great way to add a bit of festive flair to the cake.
- If you want to take it up a notch, you can also add a layer of cream cheese frosting. This will give the cake a rich, creamy texture that everyone will love.
- Finally, be sure to have fun with the decorations. You can top it with holiday sprinkles, mini candy canes, and festive ribbons.
By following these tips, you’ll be able to make the perfect eggnog poke cake that is sure to be a hit at any holiday gathering.
What are the steps to make an eggnog poke cake?
Making an eggnog poke cake is easy and delicious! To get started, first preheat your oven to 350°F. Next, mix together a yellow cake mix, a cup of eggnog and 2 eggs. Make sure to mix until everything is fully combined. Then, pour the cake batter into a greased 9×13 inch baking pan and bake for 25-30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. After the cake has cooled, prepare the eggnog pudding by whisking together a package of instant vanilla pudding mix with a cup of eggnog and a cup of cold milk. Pour the pudding over the cooled cake and spread it evenly. Finally, top the cake with a generous layer of whipped cream and some freshly grated nutmeg.
What other ingredients can you use to customize the cake?
You can really let your creative juices flow when customizing your Eggnog Poke Cake! Add in some brandy, whiskey, or even some rum for an extra kick. Sprinkle some nutmeg, cinnamon, and/or ginger on top for a flavorful twist. For a sweeter cake, try adding some vanilla extract, or for a more tart flavor, throw in some orange zest. If you’re looking for a crunchy texture, try adding some toasted almonds, pecans, or hazelnuts.
And don’t forget about the toppings! You can top your Eggnog Poke Cake with anything from buttercream icing to marshmallow fluff. You can even try a combination of both for a fun twist! Or you can keep it simple and just sprinkle some powdered sugar on top.
What other desserts can you make with eggnog?
You can make a bunch of delicious desserts with eggnog! From cakes to cookies and even frozen treats, the possibilities are endless. Plus, the sweet eggnog flavor adds a delicious punch to all your desserts. Here are a few unique eggnog creations that you can make for your next gathering.
- Eggnog Pie: This classic holiday dessert is always a crowd-pleaser. The eggnog filling is creamy and sweet, and it pairs perfectly with a buttery graham cracker crust. Top it off with a dollop of whipped cream for a festive finish.
- Eggnog Cheesecake Bars: Creamy cheesecake bars are always a hit, but when you add eggnog to the mix, they become irresistible. The eggnog flavor is subtle, but it adds a special something to the bars.
- Eggnog Fudge: This is a quick and easy recipe that you can whip up in no time. Just melt some chocolate chips and eggnog together and spread the mixture into a baking pan. Sprinkle the top with some festive sprinkles and you’ll have a delicious fudge that’s perfect for the holidays.
- Eggnog Panna Cotta: This creamy custard-like dessert is a unique twist on traditional eggnog. The eggnog flavor is subtle and the texture is light and creamy. Top it off with some crushed cookies or toasted nuts for a crunchy texture.
- Eggnog Ice Cream: Eggnog ice cream is a rich, creamy treat that’s perfect for a hot summer day. The eggnog flavor is not too overpowering and the texture is smooth and creamy. Add some festive sprinkles and you’ve got the perfect frozen dessert.
These eggnog desserts are sure to be a hit with friends and family. So next time you’re stuck in a dessert rut, give one of these eggnog recipes a try.