I’m so excited to share with you this delicious roasted sweet potato salad with feta! I recently tried this recipe and was blown away by the combination of flavors. The sweet potatoes are roasted to perfection, then combined with crunchy celery and red onion, creamy feta, and tangy lemon vinaigrette. It’s such an amazingly fresh and flavorful dish – perfect for a summer picnic or outdoor gathering. I know you’ll love it as much as I do!
Roasted Sweet Potato Salad with Feta Recipe
- 3 large sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 6 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/4 cup raw pecans, chopped
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- Preheat your oven to 400°F.
- Peel and cut your sweet potatoes into 1-inch cubes.
- Place the cubes in a large bowl, then drizzle with the olive oil, sea salt, and freshly ground black pepper. Toss until everything is evenly coated.
- Spread the sweet potatoes onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Roast in the oven for about 30-35 minutes, until the potatoes are tender and lightly browned.
- Meanwhile, put the crumbled feta cheese, lemon juice, parsley, pecans, and dried cranberries into a medium bowl.
- Once the potatoes are roasted, transfer them to the bowl with the feta mixture. Gently toss everything together until evenly combined.
- Let the salad sit for at least 15 minutes to let all the flavors meld together.
- Serve the roasted sweet potato salad with feta and enjoy!
- Calories: 176
- Fat: 6 g
- Saturated Fat: 2 g
- Carbohydrates: 28 g
- Fiber: 4 g
- Sugar: 8 g
- Protein: 6 g
How can you make your roasted sweet potato salad extra delicious?
Making your roasted sweet potato salad with feta extra delicious is easy! Here are just a few simple tips and tricks to really take your salad to the next level.
First, consider adding a citrusy, zesty element. Fresh lemon or lime juice will brighten up the flavors of the salad, while orange zest or segments can add a bit of sweetness. If you’re looking for something extra special, consider adding a drizzle of tahini-citrus dressing.
Next, add some crunch. Toasted nuts, such as almonds, walnuts, or pecans, are a great way to add texture and flavor. For vegetarians, roasted chickpeas are a great alternative.
Finally, top with some cheese. Feta is a classic choice, but you can also try crumbled goat cheese or even Parmesan for an extra flavor boost.
Follow these tips and you’ll be sure to have a delicious roasted sweet potato salad with feta that will be the star of any meal.
What are the best ingredients to pair with roasted sweet potatoes?
When it comes to roasted sweet potatoes, the possibilities for delicious pairings are endless! Whether you’re making a salad, a main dish, or a side, there are plenty of ingredients that work perfectly with the subtle sweetness and earthy flavor of roasted sweet potatoes. Here are a few of the best:
- Feta Cheese: Feta’s salty, tangy flavor complements the sweetness of roasted sweet potatoes and adds a creamy texture.
- Bacon: Bacon adds a smoky, savory touch to roasted sweet potatoes.
- Spinach: Spinach has a light, earthy flavor that pairs nicely with roasted sweet potatoes.
- Apples: Apples bring a tart sweetness to the dish and contrast nicely with the subtle flavor of roasted sweet potatoes.
- Walnuts: The crunchy texture of walnuts and their nutty flavor contrast with the soft texture of roasted sweet potatoes.
- Balsamic Vinegar: Balsamic vinegar adds a subtle sweetness and tanginess that contrasts with the subtle sweetness of roasted sweet potatoes.
Ultimately, the best ingredients to pair with roasted sweet potatoes depend on your personal preferences.
What nutritional benefits can you get from eating roasted sweet potatoes?
Roasted sweet potatoes are an excellent source of complex carbohydrates, which provide your body with energy and help to keep you feeling fuller for longer.
- They are also packed full of vitamins and minerals including vitamin A, which is important for healthy eyesight and skin, and vitamin C, which helps to support the immune system.
- Sweet potatoes also contain zinc and iron, both of which are essential for healthy red blood cell production.
- These nutrient-dense vegetables are also a good source of dietary fiber, which helps to keep your digestive system running smoothly.
- Finally, sweet potatoes are low in calories and fat, making them an ideal addition to any health-conscious diet.
What are some tips and tricks for roasting sweet potatoes perfectly?
Preheat your oven to 425°F. Roasting sweet potatoes at a high temperature helps to give them a crispy texture on the outside and a soft, creamy texture on the inside.
- Peel and chop the potatoes into cubes of roughly the same size. This will ensure even cooking times.
- Toss the potato cubes with olive oil and salt. Make sure the potatoes are evenly coated for maximum flavor.
- Spread the potatoes onto a baking sheet and roast for 25-30 minutes, flipping them halfway through.
- Check the potatoes for doneness by piercing them with a fork. If they are tender and lightly browned, they are ready.
- Let the potatoes cool slightly before adding them to your salad.
What are some creative ways of using leftovers from roasted sweet potatoes?
Are you looking for some exciting new ways to use leftovers from roasted sweet potatoes? Look no further! There are plenty of creative and delicious ways to spice up those leftover sweet potatoes. Here are a few ideas to get you started:
- Sweet Potato Fritters – Transform your roasted sweet potatoes into tasty fritters. All you need to do is mash up the sweet potatoes and combine them with some egg, flour, and seasoning. Then fry them up in a pan and you have a delicious snack or side dish.
- Sweet Potato Pancakes – Once you’ve mashed up the sweet potatoes, simply add the mashed sweet potatoes to your favorite pancake batter. These pancakes will be extra fluffy and flavorful with the addition of the sweet potatoes.
- Sweet Potato and Kale Soup – Roasted sweet potatoes and kale are a match made in heaven. Simply combine them in a pot with some broth and a few other pantry staples and you have a comforting and tasty soup.
- Sweet Potato Curry – This is a great way to use up leftovers from roasted sweet potatoes. Mix together some curry powder, ginger, garlic, tomato paste, and other favorite spices, then add the sweet potatoes and some coconut milk. This is a great one-pot meal that can be served over rice.
These are just a few of the many creative and delicious ways to use up leftover roasted sweet potatoes.
What makes roasted sweet potato salad with feta a great addition to your meal?
When it comes to side dishes, Roasted Sweet Potato Salad with Feta is an absolute must! It’s a delicious, hearty salad that is sure to be a crowd pleaser. With its combination of roasted sweet potatoes, salty feta, and a zesty vinaigrette, this salad is anything but boring. Plus, the colors of the sweet potatoes, feta, and vinaigrette add an eye-catching pop to any dinner table.
The sweet potatoes are roasted in the oven until they are perfectly tender, then tossed with a bright and tangy vinaigrette. The feta adds a creamy, salty layer of flavor that can’t be beat. The combination of the sweet potatoes, feta, and vinaigrette is simply irresistible.
This salad is also incredibly versatile. It can be served as a side for any protein like grilled chicken, steak, or fish. Or, if you’re looking for a vegetarian main dish, this salad can easily be turned into a meal all by itself.
Roasted Sweet Potato Salad with Feta is a delicious and nutritious addition to any meal. With its combination of flavors and colors, it’s sure to be a hit with your family and friends.
How can you make roasted sweet potato salad with feta an even healthier dish?
Yes, you can make roasted sweet potato salad with feta even healthier! This delicious dish is a great way to enjoy seasonal vegetables and nutritious feta, and by making a few simple adjustments, you can make it even better for your health. Here are some easy tips to make your roasted sweet potato salad with feta a super healthy dish!
- Choose dark green or purple sweet potatoes. These varieties are higher in vitamin A and other essential nutrients than the more common orange sweet potatoes.
- Use olive oil instead of other oils to roast the sweet potatoes, as olive oil is rich in heart-healthy monounsaturated fats.
- Use Greek yogurt or plain, unsweetened almond milk in place of mayonnaise. This will reduce the saturated fat content of the dish and add a delicious, tangy flavor.
- Add some extra crunch and nutrients by topping your salad with nuts or seeds. Not only will this give your dish some extra texture, but it will also add healthy fats, protein, minerals, and antioxidants.
- Add some freshly chopped herbs for a burst of flavor and nutrition. Herbs like parsley, mint, and cilantro will really brighten up the flavor of the salad and add a dose of vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants.
These tips will help you make roasted sweet potato salad with feta an even healthier dish.