This is my all-time favorite dessert! It’s a refreshing, minty chocolate pie that’s perfect for summer. The best part is that it’s so easy to make – no baking required! Just mix up the filling and pour it into a pre-made pie crust. Then let it set in the fridge for a few hours and you’re good to go. I guarantee everyone will love this one!
- 38 chocolate wafers
- 5 tablespoons melted unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- Pinch salt
- 4 egg yolks
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup unsweetened Dutch-processed cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
1. Preheat oven to 350°F and grind chocolate wafers in food processor until medium-fine crumbs.
2. Add crumbs to bowl and stir in butter, sugar, and salt until mixture clumps together when pressed in your fist.
3. Press mixture into 9-inch pie dish and bake for 10 to 12 minutes until crust looks dry to the touch.
4. Cool on rack while making filling by whisking egg yolks, sugar, cocoa, and cornstarch together in medium saucepan.
5. Whisk in milk and cream then heat over medium heat while whisking constantly until pudding thickens enough to leave visible tracks from whisk (10-20 minutes).
6. Remove from heat and stir in butter, extract, and salt before placing strainer over bowl to press pudding through with spatula (catching any curdled bits of egg).
7. Spread pudding into crust then place piece of plastic wrap directly on surface of pudding before chilling for at least 6 hours or overnight .
8 Top with whipped cream & chopped peppermint bark when ready to serve
- Serving size: 1 slice
- Calories: 537
- Fat: 37 g
- Saturated fat: 22 g
- Unsaturated fat: 11 g
- Trans fat: 0.5 g
- Cholesterol: 147 mg
- Sodium: 418 mg
Frequently Asked Questions
How long does a cream pie last in the fridge?
A cream pie will last for four days in the fridge. After that, it starts to spoil and is no longer safe to eat. The best way to extend the shelf life of a cream pie is to keep it well wrapped and stored in a cool, dry place.
How long does chocolate cream pie last?
Chocolate cream pie will last for 3 to 4 days in the fridge. Make sure to cover it tightly with plastic wrap or aluminum foil so that it doesn’t dry out. You can also freeze chocolate cream pie, which will make it last even longer – up to 6 months! Simply wrap the pie tightly in freezer-safe wrapping and thaw in the fridge overnight before serving.
How long will a chocolate cream pie last in the fridge?
A chocolate cream pie will last 3 to 4 days in the fridge. This is because the ingredients in a chocolate cream pie are mostly milk and cream, which are both perishable items. The crust of a chocolate cream pie may also be made with graham crackers or other baked goods, which can start to become stale after a few days.
How long is banana cream pie good for in the fridge?
A banana cream pie can last in the fridge for 3-4 days. After that, it begins to lose its flavor and texture. The crust becomes soggy and the filling loses its creamy consistency. If you want to extend the life of your banana cream pie, you can freeze it for up to 2 months.
Is pie still good after 5 days?
Pies are best eaten within a couple of days, but they can be stored in the refrigerator for 3-4 days. After 5 days, the quality of the pie will start to decline. The crust will become soggy and the filling will lose its flavor. If you want to enjoy a fresh, delicious pie, it’s best to eat it within a few days of baking.