I’m so excited to share this delicious Hasselback Apples with Granola Streusel recipe with you! This is a dish that I’ve been making for years and it always brings a smile to my face. It’s a simple, yet impressive, dessert that’s great for any occasion. The crunchy granola streusel and juicy apples pair perfectly together for a perfect sweet treat. It’s sure to be a hit with your friends and family!
Hasselback Apples with Granola Streusel Recipe
- 4 large apples
- 1/2 cup (60g) rolled oats
- 1/4 cup (30g) chopped almonds
- 1/4 cup (30g) chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup (30g) chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup (50g) light brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons (42g) unsalted butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons (30ml) maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Core the apples and place them in a greased baking dish.
- In a medium-sized bowl, mix together the oats, almonds, walnuts, pecans, brown sugar, cinnamon, melted butter, maple syrup, and salt until everything is evenly combined.
- Spoon the streusel topping evenly over the apples.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until the streusel is golden brown and the apples are tender.
- Let the apples cool for about 50 minutes before serving.
- Enjoy your Hasselback Apples with Granola Streusel!
- Calories: 442.6, Total Fat: 14.8 g, Saturated Fat: 5.6 g, Cholesterol: 20.8 mg, Sodium: 74.6 mg, Total Carbohydrates: 72.9 g, Dietary Fiber: 7.4 g, Protein: 6.1 g
What is the appeal of hasselback apples with granola streusel?
Are you looking for a delicious dessert that is both sweet and crunchy? If so, Hasselback apples with Granola Streusel are a great option! The unique cooking method of Hasselback apples creates a delicious caramelized flavor and the Granola Streusel on top adds the perfect crunch. It is no surprise that this combination has become a favorite for many!
The appeal of Hasselback apples with Granola Streusel lies in its combination of flavors and textures. The apples, when cooked using the Hasselback method, become caramelized and tender. The crunchy Granola Streusel topping adds a delightful contrast and a hint of sweetness. Together, these two flavors and textures make for a truly scrumptious dessert.
Moreover, Hasselback apples with Granola Streusel are a simple and easy dessert to make. The Hasselback method is simple to do and takes minimal time. The Granola Streusel topping can also be made in advance and stored in the fridge. All of this makes Hasselback apples with Granola Streusel a great option for those looking for a quick and easy dessert that is delicious and sure to satisfy.
For those who love the combination of sweet and crunchy flavors, Hasselback apples with Granola Streusel is a must-try.
What are the health benefits of making hasselback apples with granola streusel?
Are you looking for a delicious and nutritious snack that you can prepare in minutes? Then Hasselback apples with granola streusel are the perfect treat for you! Not only is this snack easy to make, but it also offers a number of impressive health benefits. Here are some of the amazing health benefits of making Hasselback apples with granola streusel:
- Improved Energy Levels: Hasselback apples are a great source of natural sugars and fiber, which provide a steady release of energy throughout the day. The natural sweetness of the apples and the crunchy texture of the granola streusel make for a super energizing snack.
- Healthy Digestion: Granola streusel is packed with fiber and protein, which helps keep your digestive system running smoothly. The combination of apples and granola streusel can help keep your gut healthy and your bowels regular.
- Heart Health: Apples are rich in antioxidants, which help protect your heart from damage and reduce your risk of heart disease. The granola streusel also contains healthy fats and proteins, which can help lower cholesterol and keep your heart strong and healthy.
- Weight Management: Hasselback apples with granola streusel are a low-calorie snack that can help you manage your weight. The natural sugars and fiber in the apples can help you feel full for longer, so you won’t be tempted to reach for unhealthy snacks.
So next time you’re in the mood for a tasty and nutritious snack, why not try Hasselback apples with granola streusel? Not only is it fast and easy to make, but it offers a number of impressive health benefits as well.
What tips and tricks make it easier to make hasselback apples with granola streusel?
Making Hasselback Apples with Granola Streusel is easier than you think! Here are a few helpful tips and tricks to make the process a breeze:
- Start with the apples. Choose a firm, tart apple, like a Granny Smith or Honeycrisp. A softer apple will make it difficult to cut evenly.
- Cut the apples lengthwise, making sure to leave the bottom intact and to not cut all the way through.
- Slice each apple into thin slices, about ¼ inch thick.
- Take your time – the thinner the slices, the better your Hasselback apples will look!.
- To make the granola streusel, mix together oats, almonds, brown sugar, and melted butter.
- Sprinkle the granola streusel on top of the apples, ensuring each apple is covered in a nice layer of streusel.
- Bake the apples at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 30 minutes.
How can you make hasselback apples with granola streusel even more delicious?
You can make Hasselback Apples with Granola Streusel even more delicious by adding a few extra tasty ingredients. Try adding a sprinkle of cinnamon for a sweet and spicy flavor, or some chopped nuts for a crunchy texture. You can also drizzle some melted butter or honey over the apples for an extra dose of sweetness. If you want a more savory flavor, top your Hasselback Apples with Granola Streusel with some crumbled bacon or feta cheese. And if you’re feeling adventurous, why not add some diced fruit like peaches or mangoes to give the dish a tropical flair? No matter what you choose, these extra ingredients are sure to take your Hasselback Apples with Granola Streusel to the next level.
How can you customize hasselback apples with granola streusel to suit your taste buds?
You can customize Hasselback apples with granola streusel to suit your taste buds by getting creative with the types of granola and toppings you use! Start with a classic combination of butter, brown sugar, and oats for the granola streusel, then add whatever you like to make it your own. For example, you could add some chopped nuts, coconut flakes, or chocolate chips for a crunchy, sweet finish. If you’re feeling adventurous, try using a mix of spices like cinnamon, nutmeg, and cardamom to give the streusel a warm and comforting flavor. You can also add a drizzle of honey or maple syrup to make the streusel even more indulgent.