Deliciously Decadent Gluten-Free Cranberry Walnut Muffins
I’m a big fan of muffins, but I’m often limited in what I can find at the store due to having to follow a gluten-free diet. That’s why I’m so excited to share this amazing recipe for gluten-free cranberry walnut muffins! I’ve made these muffins several times, and each time I’m blown away by the intense flavor and moist texture. The combination of sweet cranberries and crunchy walnuts bring out the best in each other, and the addition of cinnamon and vanilla make these muffins truly special. I know you’ll love them as much as I do!
Gluten-Free Cranberry Walnut Muffins Recipe
- 2 cups gluten-free all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup fresh cranberries
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Let’s get started! Preheat oven to 375°F and grab your muffin pan.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the gluten-free all-purpose flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt until everything is incorporated.
- In a large bowl, beat together the coconut sugar, melted coconut oil, eggs, almond milk and vanilla extract until combined.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Gently fold in the fresh cranberries and chopped walnuts.
- Scoop the batter into the muffin pan, filling each cup two-thirds of the way full.
- Place the muffin pan in the preheated oven and bake for 25-30 minutes, or until golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean.
- Let the muffins cool for 5 minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Enjoy your delicious gluten-free cranberry walnut muffins!
- Calories: 295
- Total Fat: 15g
- Saturated Fat: 8g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Cholesterol: 78mg
- Sodium: 263mg
- Total Carbohydrate: 34g
- Dietary Fiber: 3g
- Sugars: 16g
- Protein: 5g
What are the ingredients needed to make gluten-free cranberry walnut muffins?
Making gluten-free cranberry walnut muffins is easier than you think! All you need are a few simple ingredients, and you’ll have a delicious batch of muffins in no time! Here’s what you’ll need:
- cup of gluten-free all-purpose flour
- teaspoon of baking soda
- /4 teaspoon of salt
- /4 cup of butter (softened)
- /2 cup of granulated sugar
- /2 cup of plain Greek yogurt
- /2 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- /4 cup of fresh or frozen cranberries
- /2 cup of walnuts
Once you have all the ingredients, you’re ready to start baking! Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and prepare a muffin tin by greasing it with butter or non-stick cooking spray. In a medium bowl, mix together the flour, baking soda, and salt. In a separate bowl, cream together the butter and sugar. Add in the eggs, yogurt, and vanilla extract and mix until combined. Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet, stirring until just combined. Fold in the cranberries and walnuts. Divide the batter evenly between the 12 muffin cups and bake for about 25 minutes. Let cool for at least 10 minutes before serving.
What are the health benefits of gluten-free cranberry walnut muffins?
Gluten-free cranberry walnut muffins are a delicious snack that offer a variety of health benefits. Here are just a few of the ways they can help you stay healthy:
- Rich in Antioxidants: Cranberries are rich in antioxidants, which can help reduce the risk of cancer, improve the immune system, and help your body fight off infection. Walnuts are also a great source of antioxidants.
- High in Fiber: Cranberries are high in dietary fiber, which can help keep you feeling full longer, reducing your cravings for unhealthy snacks and aiding in weight loss. Walnuts are also a great source of dietary fiber.
- Low in Calories: One muffin is only about 150 calories, making it a great snack for those trying to lose weight or maintain a healthy lifestyle.
- Good Source of Omega-3: Walnuts are an excellent source of omega-3 fatty acids, which can help reduce inflammation, improve heart health, and boost brain function.
No matter what your health goals are, gluten-free cranberry walnut muffins can help you reach them! Enjoy them as a snack or dessert and reap the health benefits.
What tips and tricks can you use to make sure your gluten-free cranberry walnut muffins turn out perfect every time?
Always use fresh ingredients, as this will make all the difference in the taste and texture of your muffins.
- Don’t be too heavy-handed with the walnuts—they should be a subtle undertone rather than the main flavor.
- Before adding the wet ingredients, sift the dry ingredients together to ensure they are evenly distributed.
- Use melted butter (not margarine) to give the muffins a richer flavor.
- Don’t overmix the ingredients! Mix the wet and dry ingredients together until just combined.
- Use muffin liners for easy clean-up and make sure to grease them with butter or cooking spray first.
- Keep an eye on the muffins while baking—they’re done when the tops of them turn light golden brown.
- Let the muffins cool in the pan for a few minutes before transferring them to a wire rack.
- Store the muffins in an airtight container to keep them fresh.
Why should you choose gluten-free cranberry walnut muffins over other muffin varieties?
If you’re looking for a delicious and healthy treat, gluten-free cranberry walnut muffins are the perfect choice! These muffins are packed with flavor, low in fat and calories, and offer a unique combination of sweet and savory flavors that will have your taste buds singing. Not to mention, cranberries and walnuts are superfoods that provide an array of health benefits. Here’s why you should choose gluten-free cranberry walnut muffins over other muffin varieties.
These muffins are a great source of antioxidants and fiber. Cranberries and walnuts are both rich in vitamins and minerals, helping to nourish your body and keep you feeling full longer. They also provide a good dose of polyphenols and omega-3 fatty acids, both of which are important for maintaining a healthy heart and overall well-being.
Gluten-free cranberry walnut muffins are also incredibly delicious. The sweet and tart flavor of the cranberries combined with the nutty flavor of the walnuts creates a flavor that is unforgettable. And since they are made without gluten, they are a great option for those with celiac disease or other gluten sensitivities.
These muffins are also incredibly easy to make. All you need is a few simple ingredients, such as almond flour, baking soda, sugar, and of course cranberries and walnuts. Simply mix the ingredients together, pour them into a muffin tin, and bake. You’ll have delicious muffins in no time that the whole family will enjoy!
When it comes to choosing the perfect muffin, gluten-free cranberry walnut muffins are the way to go. Not only are they delicious and nutritious, they are also easy to make and great for those with food allergies or sensitivities.
How can you make gluten-free cranberry walnut muffins at home?
Yes, you can easily make delicious gluten-free cranberry walnut muffins right at home! All you need are a few simple ingredients and a few minutes of baking time. With a few easy steps, you can have your own homemade gluten-free cranberry walnut muffins in no time.
First, preheat your oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Then, in a large bowl, whisk together 1 cup of gluten-free all-purpose flour, 1 teaspoon of baking powder, 1 teaspoon of baking soda, 1/4 teaspoon of salt, 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon, and 1/4 teaspoon of nutmeg.
In a separate bowl, beat together 1/2 cup of melted butter, 1/2 cup of packed brown sugar, and 1/4 cup of honey. Once combined, add in 2 large eggs, 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract, and 1/4 cup of milk.
Next, make a well in the center of the dry ingredients, and pour in the wet ingredients. Gently mix until just combined. Finally, fold in 1/2 cup of dried cranberries and 3/4 cup of chopped walnuts.
Divide the batter evenly among 12 muffin cups, and bake in the preheated oven for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean.
Allow the muffins to cool for a few minutes before transferring to a wire rack.
What are some creative ways to serve gluten-free cranberry walnut muffins?
Creative ways to serve gluten-free cranberry walnut muffins are endless! From a classic breakfast muffin to a special occasion showstopper, these muffins are sure to tantalize the taste buds. Here are a few ideas to get you started:
- For breakfast, consider serving the muffins with a creamy yogurt sauce or a warm berry compote. You can also top them with a sprinkle of crushed walnuts for a little crunch.
- For a snack or dessert, try serving the muffins warm with a scoop of ice cream or a dollop of fresh whipped cream. You can also top them with a sprinkle of powdered sugar for a bit of sweetness.
- For a special occasion, consider making a tower of the muffins. Place a large muffin in the center of a plate and add smaller muffins around it. Top with a drizzle of honey for a beautiful presentation.
No matter how you serve them, gluten-free cranberry walnut muffins are sure to be a hit! With these creative ideas, you can make them even more memorable.